“Great Place”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We have stayed in several different hotels near the airport, and so far this is the best. Quiet, clean, modern rooms. We used the Park and Fly and the process was easy. John picked us up from the airport, he was very courteous and helpful. Although we only stayed one night, we will be back the next time we fly out of Indy.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed at the St. Louis Airport Hilton for two nights at the end of a multi-city business trip. The front desk clerk was very friendly when I arrived, and when I got to my room I found a hand-written note from the General Manager welcoming me. After having had poor service from airlines, rental car companies and other hotels that week, this was the pleasant change I needed to wrap up the week. I had one dinner and one breakfast in the restaurant,\ the food was good, and both servers were very helpful and cordial. As for the facilities, the room was clean and quiet, and the bed was soft. All in all, the room and service were both top notch. Definitely a positive experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in Tower 2. It was a longer walk from the front desk, but it was quiet and had much less tr...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jhhoffmann2
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I want to thank you for choosing the Hilton St. Louis. Plus I hope you enjoyed your dinner in Columbia.

Thanks again for your comments and I will share your wonderful comments with them. It was a pleasure having you here and I do hope that if you ever need our services again in the future, that you will consider staying again with us and that it will feel like "coming back to your home away from home!"

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I had stayed at this hotel before and wasn't looking forward to it but the recent renovations have really improved the place. My room was refitted with newer bathroom fixtures, was clean and beautiful. The staff did a wonderful job of meeting the needs of a big wedding, hundreds of kids in town for a robotics contest, and the training I attended (and while severe thunderstorms with hail went on!) The food was good and kudos to servers Linda, JD and the entire staff. Candace was wonderful at the front desk and got someone to help adjust the temperature properly. Liz in the restaurant was great also, checking back with us and making sure we got exactly what we wanted. I will look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground level. We liked the easy access to the lobby and no airplane noise!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I am happy that you returned back to our property. I will personally thank Linda, JD, Candice, Liz and the entire team at the hotel and share your warm comments with them all. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel and they strive everyday to exceed our guests expectations. In our business, just a kind word and a warm welcoming attitude makes us stand apart from the crowd and I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

We hope to be of service to you in the future and thank you again for sharing our experience.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

The help was great! The accommodations need work if this building is going to remain as a true Hilton. The air handlers in the hall on the 7th floor pump air that smell of mold. The room air conditioner filters are only changed after complaining. The Discovery meeting room only had on or off temperature settings. The carpets through out the building need cleaned or replaced. Again the help is great but the management needs to be retrained on what the Hilton experience should be for the customer. I don't believe any manager would have liked what I experienced the last 2 weeks if they had stayed in my room, on my floor or the meeting room.
Gerry Marley

Room Tip: Bring your allergy medication
2  Thank Gerry M
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I wish to express my sincere apology for the lack of accommodating accommodations you have received especially related to the air conditioning unit, carpets and expectation. I assure you that this is not indicative of the level of service and quality we strive to provide to each of our very valued customers. In regards to the air conditioning unit we have a policy to ensure we do a process on unit and part of that process is to replace filters and I am sorry you felt it was due complaining only. In regards to the carpets and temperature control in the Discovery I will look into those and communicate with my team and vendors so those can be rectified immediately.

Clearly we have failed to provide you with the quality and service you have come to expect and deserve with Hilton. Your comments and experiences at our property have been reviewed with the entire management team of the Hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology for any and all inconvenience and discomfort we caused you. Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Fabulous hotel stay ... tired from long drive from Oklahoma City ... bed had tons of pillows, amazingly close to airport but without airport noise, staff was extremely courteous. Only regret was being billed for internet service -- member of their rewards program and just feel shouldn't have to pay for internet service. Didn't need to park but parking had a fee as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

I am very pleased after reading your comments and I look forward to taking this opportunity to share those with our team.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I know that Hilton is a respected chain, so this may reflect my mentality more than widespread sentiment. I stayed at this hotel on a business trip over Easter Weekend. Location is awesome next to the airport, and they do pick up. But I had a rental car. Unlike many hotels in the airport area, they charge $10 per day for parking. No free parking option. Got to the very average, nothing spectacular, standard business room, and discovered that internet service, listed among their room amenities, cost a minimum of $10 per day...or some limited output like 10 MB. I mean really, I have not seen that retail internet nonsense other than in some parts of Africa. You can get WIFI free at a Super 8 for Pete's sake. These two elements were enough to make me scale down this hotel. The bed, room, bathroom etc were three star level and more than decent. The room rate, which seemed to be reasonable, was now not so great. I almost expected to be charged for towels. And breakfast? Forget it. That is an extra cost as well. Not even a juice fountain a-la Motel 6. Definitely not business friendly and I wont be returning.

Room Tip: If you want A-la Carte everything, then stay here. Rooms are fine. Just know the price is a strip do...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I apologize that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially with parking, Internet and breakfast. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I understand your concern although our goal to provide you with the best rate possible and deliver you the service you expect. We do have several options and packages available which include parking, Internet and breakfast.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We tried priceline for the first time and bid $55 on a 3.5 star near the St. Louis Airport. It was a pleasant surprise to have the bid accepted by Hilton. The hotel was every bit what you would expect from a large successful chain. The check-in staff was great, the room service was swift, and they even mixed a nice Manhattan. The food was only so-so, but definitely good enough. I appreciated the early airport shuttles, early breakfast options, and fresh coffee in the lobby for guests. I signed up for their frequent customer membership and I'm sure I will use this chain, if not this exact hotel, many times in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the seventh floor and heard no traffic or airport noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bigfoot1981

Ryan Konz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!