“Charges for Extra Nights Not Reversed for 3 Months”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Irving, Texas
“Charges for Extra Nights Not Reversed for 3 Months”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I've stayed at the St. Louis Airport Hilton multiple times over the last 2 years for business travel. My stays are usually pleasant and comfortable. On my last stay, I needed to check out 2 days early. My travel agent changed the reservation and I checked out by 9 am. I was later charged for the last two nights of my stay. The accounts recieveable clerk who I and my assistant have been in contact with is usually unavailable or has to check with management again about the status of my situation. When I've run into this situation at other Hilton's and other hotels, its usually rectified within days...not months as this has taken (and as of now it's still not taken care of). So...Check out early at your own risk!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay and post experience at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback clearly we fell short to provide you with the service you have come to expect and deserve with Hilton. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I will personally look into this matter since I was unaware of your situation until now and it is unacceptable that you had to wait for this resolution.

I sincerely hope this incident does not cause you to rethink your selection of the Hilton St. Louis Airport as your choice for your future travel needs. We do value your business and appreciate you conveying your comments and experiences to us as this affords a valuable opportunity to improve on our services.

Finally If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Ryan Konz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a last minute flight out of St louis. It was nice to be able to leave our car there ($10 a day) while we were away and have the shuttle take us to and from the airport. The parking was secure which was nice and I had no concerns about the lot. The hotel was older but the room was very nicely redone (although a little small). The TV was small but the bedding and bathroom vanity made up for it. Very clean as well. Staff was very friendly and recommended a good bbq place down the street for dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay, we enjoyed having you at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel along with our friendly team members along the cleanliness of the hotel. I also love to hear that you enjoyed our Park & Fly options.

Again, thank you for feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Saint Joseph MO
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Dated hotel, everything is extra and the front desk is ready to sell it. Parking in a poorly designed retrofitted to be a pay lot area. Internet is 14.95 parking is 10, change beds $10. Rooms are not bad but are small and half way renovated, not a bad stay but nothing special

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. I want you to know that guest feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your feedback.

Sinecerely,
Claremont, California, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Well-kept hotel very near the STL airport and I-70, but reasonably quiet. The room was nicely kept and decorated. We stayed four nights. Free dedicated shuttle service is offered around the clock (15 min. intervals). It is right next door to a major car rental agency, which can also be convenient, as you don't have to rent a car just to get to the location. We had some difficulties with the parking lot gate, which is operated by the room card, but were always able to make contact with the desk personnel, who let us in without delay. The WiFi is free only in the lobby. Otherwise there is a charge.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear valued guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel and the convenience to the airport. My team and I will personally look into the gate issues you experienced.

I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. I will personally share your feedback with our team. I do hope that if your travels ever bring you back to our area, we will see you again.

Again, thank you for your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Another hotel where the a/c is turned off before check-in.

When I arrived at the room, temperature was 82. After running all night, a/c was only able to lower the temperature to 74. Again, I am unable to get a decent night's rest at a full service Hilton.

I think Hilton simply does not care about its customers. Stop allowing hotel managers to implement policies where they allow their rooms to become ovens in order to save money on a/c. Please charge me more if that is what is necessary to provide a room where someone can enjoy a decent night's rest during the summertime.

Room Tip: Don't stay here in the summertime.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Colin R
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

After reviewing your feedback clearly we fell short to provide you with the quality and service you have come to expect and deserve with Hilton. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I want you to know that we don’t have any such policy on turning down the temperature to save money. My Executive Housekeeper and I will be personally looking into this matter since it is unacceptable for you to have gone through this. Plus I will personally be speaking with the room attendant that cleaned your room upon your arrival.

I sincerely hope for us falling short to exceed your overall expectation does not cause you to rethink your selection of the Hilton St. Louis Airport as your choice for your future travel needs. We do value your business and appreciate you conveying your comments and experiences to us as this affords a valuable opportunity to improve on our services.

Once again, thank you for providing us with your valuable and honest feedback. Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The most important element of any hotel stay is the quality of sleep that one gets. I am pleased to report that the bedding and the quality of the bed and pillows provided a complete, uninterrupted night of blissful sleep. I had to depend on my alarm to wake me up and that is unusual - usually I am up several times in the night and getting used to the bed. So FIVE STARS FOR THE BED and the sleep quality.

I think my stay deserves a longer review and I hope others benefit from it as I had many questions not having stayed at this hotel before.

I was looking for an airport hotel since I was arriving on a very late flight (11:00PM) and decided to pick up my car at Hertz before checking in at the hotel. Having a car and checking in, I found it easy to park near the front entrance in one of the "fifteen minute" spots. I went into the front desk and they checked me in and were exceptionally helpful. The hotel is mammoth in size and their parking lot is even more mammoth, primarily because the hotel has a side business of offering parking to the local business travelers using the airport. When there are a lot of travelers using the airport parking, it can be a long walk from the parking place to your room, but I honestly don't see this as a big issue at the hotel. The front desk suggested I use on of the back doors of the hotel which are secure doors using the room key to get in. Since it was late and I was tired and I was totally unfamiliar with the property, I walked around to the front for my room entry even though parking in the back, and it worked fine. In the morning, I got a much better picture of how this worked for next time. I am a klutz when it comes to the first time in doing anything so I like to keep it simple when I just tired beyond belief which I was when I arrived.

The opening paragraph says it all - the beds are amazing. I would gladly stay here again - I would search out this hotel - in order to sleep that well again. Not only was the bed great, my floor, which was the executive floor (8th floor, East Tower), was quiet and I didn't hear a thing. The air conditioning was adjustable and kept me cool all night long.

I took a shower when I arrived and one in the morning. The bathroom is excellent, but there is one thing I would suggest. If you an older person like me and need more stability when showering, you may want to ask for a shower mat for the tub. I may well starting to ask for this ahead of time when I reserve hotels since it is becoming a necessity for me. I managed without one this time, but I found the tub slick for me and I had to hold on to the handle carefully to avoid any accidents. They do provide a nice handle for this and that is great. The shower was superb, the towels fluffy and clean, and everything was just as it should be.

In the morning, I went down to breakfast. I am old enough to remember the breakfast the private train companies used to provide their customers on long distance passenger trains. I was particularly fond of breakfast on the Illinois Central. This hotel reminded me of that very pleasant experience because the staff was attentive, the food outstanding and delicious, and I just got the feeling there was a well oiled machine at work here. The Breakfast bar is amazing - you will not only like the selection, but the quality the staff invests in this buffet is superb. Everything was maintained fresh and it was a fantastic presentation. The dining room staff was very good. I was seated by one of the waiters immediately and another explained the buffet experience to me. I was checked on and provided everything I needed and the service was friendly. This hotel restaurant obviously goes the extra mile making this an even more desirable choice for a hotel near the airport.

Here is a bonus: the TV service in the hotel rooms is not only plentiful with lots of choice, but it is Digital High Definition. Impressive and enjoyable.

I was interested to see how this stay would go and I have to say the hotel surpassed my every expectation. This trip did not tax much of the hotel services since it was brief and for convenience in coming in on a late flight. However, if I needed a hotel at the St. Louis airport, I would highly recommend the Airport Hilton. The rooms have been recently upgraded, the services are top notch, and the staff is outstanding. This is what an Airport Hotel should be and they set the bar high. This trip was more personal than business, but I would definitely stay here again whether it is business or personal. This is a hotel that gets it right.

Room Tip: You may want to ask them to provide a bath mat for the tub depending on your personal needs.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ChicagoLooper
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Dear valued guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased how much you enjoyed our hotel. Your feedback is exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I was especially pleased to hear about your experiences with the front desk staff, breakfast and our bedding. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

I will personally share your feedback with our team. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel and they strive everyday to exceed our guest’s expectations. I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

Again, thank you for your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm regards,
Geneal Manager
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Went to the Hilton and was pleasantly surprised at this airport hotel. Rooms spacious, clean, quite. Top marks to the front desk staff as they were very friendly and helpful. Gave me a overnight kit since I was stranded traveller. Loved the Star Bucks coffee in lobby next morning. Very busy place. I heard it was renovated recently. Only negative mark was the rooms were a little smelly (mildewish?), the tub was dirty (which was taken care of by housekeeping), and the toilet ran until you jiggled handle (this is a pattern with many Hiltons in many cities - guys use checklists please!) Leave a little more time for the shuttle as its not always there for airport passengers. They shuttle many people over to Express Scripts.

Room Tip: Ask for room near the elevators nearest the lobby otherwise its a hike
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our team along with your overall experience. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I saw that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially. My housekeeping team, maintenance team and I will be personally looking to those matters and address immediately since those should not have occurred. Plus I will personally looking the shuttle concern you addressed since we do offer dedicated airport and corporate shuttles.

Finally If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Ryan Konz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!