“Easy Location and friendly staff but that's about it”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Easy Location and friendly staff but that's about it”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Okay, so we arrived via the rental car agency (see review Alamo St Louis Airport). Pulling in to the parking lot you have to park in the front of the building and go check in before you can park for good which is weird as it takes a room key and $10 overnight to park. In addition getting out of the poled off parking section was difficult. Every day I left I had to make a 3 point turn in order to pick up my elderly family members at the door because the exit is positioned to leave the premise. Check in was smooth and the clerk was nice. For this trip which was a funeral, I booked an executive king which at this hotel is situated on the top floor (9th). The décor of the small lobby seemed pleasant but plain. Located across from the checkout counter is the restaurant which was decorated in a 1970’s color and lighting theme and not on purpose I’m afraid, a few seats and the bar area is also dated decor. The bar area does contain a couple of flat screen HDTVs and the area seemed okay but because it is open and not really isolated from the main corridor to the rooms, not very inviting. I was told that the concierge service for the executive rooms is not available for the weekend and I was given 4 soft drink or tea coupons and 4 appetizer coupons which I used in the Constellations restaurant (see review) with my relatives on the last day. This gesture, dollar wise was a great deal but the food, well more on that later. The bar is not staffed or served during the day which seemed odd. Overall, the food served at this hotel seemed just so so. Some of my relatives ate at the all you can eat breakfast buffet for $14.95 and said it was good. I ordered muffins from room service one day which were kind of dry and expensive at $8 so for the money and the overall foodie breakfast thing , I’d say you’d be better off walking or driving a block down to the Golden Pancake (see review). As for the room (934), it was nicely decorated and laid out well with the position of the couch, tables and king sized bed. It took me a minute to find the TV remote which was on the bedside table closest to the wall. The picture on the 32” HDTV set was decent but was satellite and kept going in and out for no reason. The bathroom is the same layout as most of the Hiltons I have been in recently with the door opening inward to the tub which makes for close quarters, marble tops and a drop white sink. In my room the faucet was loose on the cold side and took a bit to come on. The shower is a basic one knob turn kind with fine jets or thicker jets as the only settings. Every shower had good hot water and like other Hilton properties they used the new name brand natural soap that I have grown to love. The room does not have a microwave, or a mini fridge and only a small no name coffee maker that seemed to do the trick for my wife but was nothing to brag about. The only Internet service offered was for HHonors members like me, and the service was slow and only wireless. The real problems arose in the room with sleeping. First you will discover that the curtain is backward with the shears inside so to open the curtain and let some light in you must open the shears and let everyone gaze upon your Adonis. Next up for the darkness factor, the light that pours from the door is just crazy insane. On my 1 to 10 scale with 10 being pitch dark this is like a 5. It’s not totally un-sleepable, but really it’s a lot of hallway light and a towel in front of it only blocks 3 out of the 4 laser beams! The bed itself is a true king with pillows and duvet matching all Hiltons at this time (white fluffy and feather pillows) however this bed was lumpy and had a divot and my wife and I were forced apart on the edges of the bed in order to not keep rolling into one another. I would expect this in a lower class hotel but not here. The room was cool, but not cold and I later found out that the weird noise that kept me up all night was a frozen over air conditioner which explains why it said it was 65f all the time when it really didn’t feel like it. So overall if you are looking to do a quick an easy stay close to the airport, say you were an airline employee, then sure this is your place but short of that I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank weirdave
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I saw that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying. I see you noted our parking and I want you to know that we don’t just offer parking in the front as we do offer parking in the back of the hotel for our hotel guests. I apologize for the miscommunication on the parking since this would have avoided you turning around for a pickup of your family member. I also see you noted our recently renovated décor in the lobby to room and I am sorry that our design wasn’t to your satisfaction. In regards to the television and Internet, I will personally be contacting our vendor since you shouldn’t have experienced this since we offer HD wired television and the highest Internet speed available in our area. After far as the air condition unit, bed and light from the hallway I want you to know my maintenance department and I will be personally looking into this since this is unacceptable for you to experience this and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Finally If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Ryan Konz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Was here for a professional conference. Front desk had computer issues that backed up checking in, and seemed to affect the card keys throughout our stay. The 2nd floor room was okay , but quite noisy (baby and squabbling couple next door in adjoining room) Doors on entire floor VERY noisy and didn't seem to shut securely without a loud clank. HVAC could use a thorough cleaning - vent over shower was nasty (don't look up when you shower). Bed comfy. Meeting room and professional food service for our sessions was good. Staff all very friendly, but did notice many times when no one greeted folks wanting to be seated for the restaurant. Good restaurants within short walk and drive. NO mini-fridge, so no chance for us to have our own snacks that he needs for a medical condition. My spouse not in my meetings found the local pancake house great for his needs and we did enjoy a wonderful dinner at nearby Lombardi's Italian Restaurant (since 1934) Having stayed at a Hilton - Cocoa Beach the previous week - I would love to see Hilton properties return to their status of a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our friendly staff and meeting experience. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I saw that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially related the key cards, dusty vent and noise. Team and I will be personally looking into these matter since this is unacceptable for you to experience this and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Finally If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Defiance, Missouri
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The theme seems to continue, Hilton ahs emphasized customer service across the system and this hotel shines. the facility continues to be aged, but the suites are comfortable, flat screen in bedroom did not work and did not report to morning as it was late night, so no feedback on engineering fix, but conmfirtable with good buffet and much better service than the past, the staff seems to care now.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

After reviewing your survey I am pleased you enjoyed your service from our team members. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. Also my team and I will be personally looking into the television not working since this is unacceptable for you to experience this and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Finally If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 314-426-5500.

Irving, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I've stayed at the St. Louis Airport Hilton multiple times over the last 2 years for business travel. My stays are usually pleasant and comfortable. On my last stay, I needed to check out 2 days early. My travel agent changed the reservation and I checked out by 9 am. I was later charged for the last two nights of my stay. The accounts recieveable clerk who I and my assistant have been in contact with is usually unavailable or has to check with management again about the status of my situation. When I've run into this situation at other Hilton's and other hotels, its usually rectified within days...not months as this has taken (and as of now it's still not taken care of). So...Check out early at your own risk!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay and post experience at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback clearly we fell short to provide you with the service you have come to expect and deserve with Hilton. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I will personally look into this matter since I was unaware of your situation until now and it is unacceptable that you had to wait for this resolution.

I sincerely hope this incident does not cause you to rethink your selection of the Hilton St. Louis Airport as your choice for your future travel needs. We do value your business and appreciate you conveying your comments and experiences to us as this affords a valuable opportunity to improve on our services.

Finally If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a last minute flight out of St louis. It was nice to be able to leave our car there ($10 a day) while we were away and have the shuttle take us to and from the airport. The parking was secure which was nice and I had no concerns about the lot. The hotel was older but the room was very nicely redone (although a little small). The TV was small but the bedding and bathroom vanity made up for it. Very clean as well. Staff was very friendly and recommended a good bbq place down the street for dinner.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay, we enjoyed having you at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel along with our friendly team members along the cleanliness of the hotel. I also love to hear that you enjoyed our Park & Fly options.

Again, thank you for feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Saint Joseph MO
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Dated hotel, everything is extra and the front desk is ready to sell it. Parking in a poorly designed retrofitted to be a pay lot area. Internet is 14.95 parking is 10, change beds $10. Rooms are not bad but are small and half way renovated, not a bad stay but nothing special

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

After reviewing your feedback I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. I want you to know that guest feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your feedback.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sinecerely,
Claremont, California, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Well-kept hotel very near the STL airport and I-70, but reasonably quiet. The room was nicely kept and decorated. We stayed four nights. Free dedicated shuttle service is offered around the clock (15 min. intervals). It is right next door to a major car rental agency, which can also be convenient, as you don't have to rent a car just to get to the location. We had some difficulties with the parking lot gate, which is operated by the room card, but were always able to make contact with the desk personnel, who let us in without delay. The WiFi is free only in the lobby. Otherwise there is a charge.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear valued guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel and the convenience to the airport. My team and I will personally look into the gate issues you experienced.

I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations. I will personally share your feedback with our team. I do hope that if your travels ever bring you back to our area, we will see you again.

Again, thank you for your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me.

Ryan Konz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!