“Comfy beds, Friendly staff, TWA museum” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morristown, New Jersey
“Comfy beds, Friendly staff, TWA museum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Airport because it was close to where my husband's business was taking him. The staff was friendly, the beds/pillows were very comfy, but that's where the excitement for this particular Hilton ended. It must've been a TWA personnel hang-out at osme point because every wall in the place (including your room) has TWA B&W framed photos. There aren't many amenities at this hotel (e.g. no fridge or microwave); it was cheaper to eat and drink outside the hotel (Denny's was great for breakfast), but they did have a shuttle that would take you places. We rented a car (the hotel is RIGHT NEXT TO Avis/Budget rental), so we didn't have to wait for the shuttle. We saw a lot of people using the fitness room, the pool was OK (indoor only), but that was it really. We were 5 miles from downtown St Louis. We did try the sandwiches at the hotel - they were good, but their fries were very greasy.
Oh, we were told we were in "newer' section (Tower II) of this hotel, but I'm not sure how it was newer. You heard the plumbing from the floors above and the A/C was a huge vent that was pretty loud.

Room Tip: We upgraded to the deluxe room -- it was bigger with 2 queens.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am pleased that you found our hotel staff to be friendly with comfortable beds with a location near our husband’s business. Our team is very passionate in providing great customer service along with wonderful lodging experience. I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

In regards to the TWA photos and artwork, this was done as a tribute to the citizens of St. Louis along with TWA that made TWA so historic and rich in aerospace.

I saw that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially related to noise and food. Clearly we have failed to exceed those expectations as you have come to expect and deserve with Hilton and I wish to express my sincere apology for those experiences. My team and I will be personally looking into those matters and addressing them.

As far the microwave and refrigerators, you are correct that we don’t have them in the room although we do have them available upon request. I apologize for the miscommunication in reference to those.

I do hope that if your travels ever bring you back to our area, we will see you again. We do appreciate your business and wish you safe travels!

Best regards,
Ryan Konz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

This airport based hotel is just what it says, a convenient hotel to Lambert St. Louis Airport with rooms that fit the bill. I've stayed here a couple times in the last few years and found the staff to be the highlight of the location. They are more than willing to serve and some are even over the top helpful like "Jerry" the bellman. The rooms show a little bit of wear, but you're not paying $300 either. The bar is has lots of activity and the restaurant is more than adaquate. I had an unbelievablly reasonable continental buffet for breakfast ($8.95) and excellent service.
I believe they have a "park & fly" option and this would probably be cheaper than the Marriott that is right down the street.

Room Tip: Try to get on the back side (courtyard) side of the hotel to get away from most of the airport noise...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay, we enjoyed having you at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our hotel. Your feedback is exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. Our team is very passionate in providing great customer service along with wonderful lodging experience. I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

Again, thank you for your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

KC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have actually visited this hotel twice. Both times enjoyed the accomodations! The hotel has lots of marble, the beds are great, full service well stocked bar. The service is good for the most part with the exception of a few employees. My only concern this time is the "shared" areas in the hotel were not very clean. IE; bathrooms, in common areas the carpets were really bad!!! My room however was very clean.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay at the Hilton St. Louis Airport.

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed the accommodations, our bedding package and lounge. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

The hotel was very clean and nice. The lobby was nice. The air conditioner was very noisy at kept me awake the whole night. However I must say the staff was very nice. As there were 1 hour later they also gave us complimentary internet. The bar and the breakfast area was good. The only problem was the noisy air conditioner for light sleepers. It did not effect my husband's sleep but effected mine.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our clean and nice hotel along with the service we provided. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I saw that your air conditioning unit was noisy and I will personally address that with maintenance since you and your husband should have never experienced that.

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stayed here during a weekend baseball series when I couldn't get a reservation downtown.

The lobby provides a great first impression. I especially like the Mac computers they provide in the lobby.

We took the Metro back and forth to downtown. The hotel will pick you up and drop you off at the metro. They are extremely slow at picking up and took us about 3 calls and 40 minutes before we got picked up at night.

The rooms and beds were very clean and comfortable. I find their TVs to be a little behind other Hilton properties I've stayed at.

The breakfast isn't worth what you pay. It was very subpar and didnt have many items. I would suggest going somewhere else unless it's free for your status.

The customer service was excellent from the front desk to the maid staff.

I'd stay here again if I needed to be near the airport.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and your feedback about your stay at the Hilton St. Louis Airport while here during a weekend baseball series.

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our lobby with the MAC Computers, our bedding package and our excellent customer service. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I saw that breakfast was not what you expected along with the shuttle service and I apologize that we didn’t meet those expectations. I will personally address that those concerns with my team since you should have never experienced that.

Pinellas Park, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Okay, so we arrived via the rental car agency (see review Alamo St Louis Airport). Pulling in to the parking lot you have to park in the front of the building and go check in before you can park for good which is weird as it takes a room key and $10 overnight to park. In addition getting out of the poled off parking section was difficult. Every day I left I had to make a 3 point turn in order to pick up my elderly family members at the door because the exit is positioned to leave the premise. Check in was smooth and the clerk was nice. For this trip which was a funeral, I booked an executive king which at this hotel is situated on the top floor (9th). The décor of the small lobby seemed pleasant but plain. Located across from the checkout counter is the restaurant which was decorated in a 1970’s color and lighting theme and not on purpose I’m afraid, a few seats and the bar area is also dated decor. The bar area does contain a couple of flat screen HDTVs and the area seemed okay but because it is open and not really isolated from the main corridor to the rooms, not very inviting. I was told that the concierge service for the executive rooms is not available for the weekend and I was given 4 soft drink or tea coupons and 4 appetizer coupons which I used in the Constellations restaurant (see review) with my relatives on the last day. This gesture, dollar wise was a great deal but the food, well more on that later. The bar is not staffed or served during the day which seemed odd. Overall, the food served at this hotel seemed just so so. Some of my relatives ate at the all you can eat breakfast buffet for $14.95 and said it was good. I ordered muffins from room service one day which were kind of dry and expensive at $8 so for the money and the overall foodie breakfast thing , I’d say you’d be better off walking or driving a block down to the Golden Pancake (see review). As for the room (934), it was nicely decorated and laid out well with the position of the couch, tables and king sized bed. It took me a minute to find the TV remote which was on the bedside table closest to the wall. The picture on the 32” HDTV set was decent but was satellite and kept going in and out for no reason. The bathroom is the same layout as most of the Hiltons I have been in recently with the door opening inward to the tub which makes for close quarters, marble tops and a drop white sink. In my room the faucet was loose on the cold side and took a bit to come on. The shower is a basic one knob turn kind with fine jets or thicker jets as the only settings. Every shower had good hot water and like other Hilton properties they used the new name brand natural soap that I have grown to love. The room does not have a microwave, or a mini fridge and only a small no name coffee maker that seemed to do the trick for my wife but was nothing to brag about. The only Internet service offered was for HHonors members like me, and the service was slow and only wireless. The real problems arose in the room with sleeping. First you will discover that the curtain is backward with the shears inside so to open the curtain and let some light in you must open the shears and let everyone gaze upon your Adonis. Next up for the darkness factor, the light that pours from the door is just crazy insane. On my 1 to 10 scale with 10 being pitch dark this is like a 5. It’s not totally un-sleepable, but really it’s a lot of hallway light and a towel in front of it only blocks 3 out of the 4 laser beams! The bed itself is a true king with pillows and duvet matching all Hiltons at this time (white fluffy and feather pillows) however this bed was lumpy and had a divot and my wife and I were forced apart on the edges of the bed in order to not keep rolling into one another. I would expect this in a lower class hotel but not here. The room was cool, but not cold and I later found out that the weird noise that kept me up all night was a frozen over air conditioner which explains why it said it was 65f all the time when it really didn’t feel like it. So overall if you are looking to do a quick an easy stay close to the airport, say you were an airline employee, then sure this is your place but short of that I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank weirdave
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our convenient location and friendly staff. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I saw that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying. I see you noted our parking and I want you to know that we don’t just offer parking in the front as we do offer parking in the back of the hotel for our hotel guests. I apologize for the miscommunication on the parking since this would have avoided you turning around for a pickup of your family member. I also see you noted our recently renovated décor in the lobby to room and I am sorry that our design wasn’t to your satisfaction. In regards to the television and Internet, I will personally be contacting our vendor since you shouldn’t have experienced this since we offer HD wired television and the highest Internet speed available in our area. After far as the air condition unit, bed and light from the hallway I want you to know my maintenance department and I will be personally looking into this since this is unacceptable for you to experience this and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Butler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Was here for a professional conference. Front desk had computer issues that backed up checking in, and seemed to affect the card keys throughout our stay. The 2nd floor room was okay , but quite noisy (baby and squabbling couple next door in adjoining room) Doors on entire floor VERY noisy and didn't seem to shut securely without a loud clank. HVAC could use a thorough cleaning - vent over shower was nasty (don't look up when you shower). Bed comfy. Meeting room and professional food service for our sessions was good. Staff all very friendly, but did notice many times when no one greeted folks wanting to be seated for the restaurant. Good restaurants within short walk and drive. NO mini-fridge, so no chance for us to have our own snacks that he needs for a medical condition. My spouse not in my meetings found the local pancake house great for his needs and we did enjoy a wonderful dinner at nearby Lombardi's Italian Restaurant (since 1934) Having stayed at a Hilton - Cocoa Beach the previous week - I would love to see Hilton properties return to their status of a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

After reviewing your feedback I am pleased you enjoyed our friendly staff and meeting experience. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we strive for extreme satisfaction and anything less is unacceptable. I saw that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially related the key cards, dusty vent and noise. Team and I will be personally looking into these matter since this is unacceptable for you to experience this and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ryan Konz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!