“A mixed bag”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Excelsior, Minnesota
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago on business. After arriving late in the evening, I went to my room in the "west wing" to find mold coming out of the vent and on the ceiling tiles (yes, ceiling tiles). After telling the front desk that I'd like to be moved to a different property, they were able to find me a room in the newer tower. The room was average, but it seems that the whole property needs a deep clean. I give this property an "average" rating not because of the rooms, but because the meeting facility was nice, the food was quite good, and the staff was courteous. I think the property itself needs a good overhaul.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear jgavestravels,

I'm sorry that you had a disappointing experience at our hotel. My team and I apologize for your experience although appreciate the honest feedback as we strive for overall excellent guest experience. I have passed your comments along to be addressed and with ensuring this doesn’t happen in the future. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again!

Ryan Konz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Iowa
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed one night prior to an early flight. We used the park and fly option. We got in late evening and up to our room. We finally got the room temp comfortable but a musty type smell was evident. We were tired and had to be up early for the park and fly so I didn't call. We were in Tower 1 so I am not sure if it just an older building or what. That said the front desk staff were very kind especially Denise!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear IowaDisneyMom,

First of all, thank you for taking the time write a review concerning your most recent stay with us at our property. We always try to do everything that we can to enhance the quality of our guest's stay with us, and that includes making sure that we have clean, fresh smell and quality amenities around our property as well as within our rooms. I do apologize to hear that you did not have a positive experience with an odor. I can assure you that cleanliness is one of our top priorities and I'm sorry that we fell short of our normally high standards. I have passed your comments along to our housekeeping staff to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance and stay with us again in the future!

Best wishes,
Randallstown, Maryland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was hotel is conveniently located for the business traveler. The atmosphere in the Lounge was exceptional . My only regret is that is that I could not stay longer. Should I return to ST Louis again, I will definitely stay here.

Dear CHARLES T S.,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your experiences as it affords us a valuable opportunity to improve on our services. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 July 2014

First off, the location is very convenient. I had rented a Hertz rental car and it was easy to drop the car the night before and talk (3 minutes) to the hotel without having to fuss with shuttle buses.

As to the hotel, the good points: 1. AC in the room worked very well (low 60s!), 2. rooms were quiet, 3. front desk staff were very friendly and quick check-in

The bad: 1. multiple rooms still had room service food sitting outside their door at 5AM (why the hotel management doesn't do a sweep around 1~2AM is beyond me); 2. hallways look very tired and dirty; 3. multiple banks of elevators and no mention by front desk staff of which elevator bank is most convenient to the room. Each of these is simple to fix....if Management makes it a priority.

There is an Exec Lounge but I was too tired to bother to find where it was located. There were no obvious signs despite my room being on 10th floor/Executive floor.

I slept well -- which is the most important.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear BrianC-KY,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I apologize that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially with hallways. Your comments have been shared with my team and this will be issued. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at this Hilton prior to our flight to St Louis. Easy checkin and the room was nice. Only issue was the bath tub was extremely slippery on the bottom. Having just recovered from foot surgery this was a bit hazardous for me. We parked our car and will pick it up when we return. Shuttle driver to the airport was very nice.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Travelinggirl8844,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience. We appreciate your comments about the tub and I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Canton, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The rear doors need to have door key access after normal hours. The Ac unit in the building wasn't working well on the floors when you get off elevator so it was extremely hot until you got to your room. But overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brent B,

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience. We appreciate your comments about the rear door and I will follow up with my team immediately since they didn’t communicate well on the location of the rear doors which are keys accessible. Thank you again for sharing.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Booking the St. Louis Hilton by the airport was very last minute, actually while I was on my way to the hotel in the shuttle due to a delayed flight. I was very pleased with everything. It was close to the airport and the free shuttle every 15 minutes made it very convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear tgnashville,

Ryan Konz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!