I stayed one night at the Hilton at St. Louis airport because it was immediately adjacent to the Hertz rental car return and I was able to walk from Hertz to the hotel. I liked my stay though there were a lot of things that went wrong that you'd expect perhaps from a new hotel just getting going, not one that's been around a while. It's not a "perfect" hotel but it's very nice.
The front desk staff were all wonderfully friendly and helpful. The two women at the front desk were in good spirits when I checked in and happily changed my room from the first to second floor, and changed some of my preferences successfully. Another woman the next day was helpful sorting out some travel issues.
The hotel is a maze and it took me some time to get oriented. They gave me a room in the back tower on the side not facing the airport access road, and it was amazingly quiet. The room was well appointed with a nice desk/workstation, large bathroom, and very comfortable bed. The bed was excellent. The bathroom was clean and bright. The tub though was worn and an anchor or something was almost poking through the basin of the tub which meant it was not smooth. Water pressure was good and the water was hot.
Relatively quiet air conditioner/heater which worked well.
Other service was pleasant but mistakes were made too frequently for me to give the hotel a higher rating. I ordered room service: asked them to replace mashed potatoes with fries, and add asparagus a side. They brought fried asparagus. The woman who bright the food to my room apologized and came back with steamed asparagus and fries, so no harm done.
Worse: I called and asked for a 5 AM wake up call and it never came. I had set the alarm clock and my phone alarm as a back-up and am glad I did.
Fitness center is above average and I got a good workout with dumbbells (up to 50 pounds). Business center is very good and there was no charge for internet access or printing.
I had breakfast in the restaurant which opened at 6 AM (a big plus as I had an early flight). Very nice buffet. Service in the restaurant was slow: I think the hostess did not show up for work and they were improvising. Still, the food was excellent and they were friendly and apologetic for the delays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton St. Louis Airport hotel is located next to Lambert International Airport and popular area corporations. The hotel provides a 24-hour shuttle service to the airport and local businesses at no charge. Plan your next event or meeting and utilize the expansive and versatile meeting space. World's Away restaurant offers casual American fare, and Constellations Bar is a great place to grab a drink after a long day of travel or work. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton St. Louis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton St. Louis Airport Hotel Berkeley
- Hilton Hotel Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Hilton
- Hilton Saint Louis
- Hilton St. Louis Airport Saint Louis, MO