“Convenient to everything”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Spent a weekend in St Louis to see a college football game. We stayed here at the Airport Marriott. All the staff were excellent. Room was clean and up to date. On weekends parking is free--nice perk. Even though the hotel was full of girl soccer teams it was quiet since hotel was smart enough to put us at the end of a floor away from the elevators...THANKS!
Hotel was really easy to get to from the airport and less than a 1/4 mile from the rental car pickup. It only took us 15 minutes to be at the Arch since I-70 on ramp is right there outside the parking lot. Breakfast was well done as well.

Room Tip: Always get as far from the elevator as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Stayed here for an on-site toy train convention. Only drawback is no sidewalks to conveniently walk to nearby Bandanna's and Lombardo's restaurants. You have to cut through parking lots and the mis-named Peartree Lane. It's NOT a lane, rather a busy thoroughfare with heavy traffic and about a 2-foot wide shoulder. Hotel is very convenient to Lambert Airport with shuttle service but if you want to go anywhere off the grounds you have to drive.

Room Tip: Requested a quiet room away from elevator. Room faced the outdoor pool (closed for the winter at tim...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We checked in early but our room was ready. Children were excited to see the pool. Pool was perfect for our 6 and 7 year old grand children. They had the pool to themselves most of the time during our two night stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. Staff was always willing to help including, desk, waiter and shuttle driver. We certainly will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel on business. 10/31/2011 It is lovely. Everyone is friendly, prompt and very helpful. Rooms are very clean. This hotel has been newly remodeled in some areas and it's quite obvious! The only problem I had was that my room was quite cool and I was freezing. They got someone to me immediately and brought me a heater that did wonders. They said they hotel was still using the a/c system and that's why my room was cold. They also called back 30 mins later to make sure I was satisfied and offered me a hot complimentary beverage. Very thoughtful! Love it!

Room Tip: Not sure about which room to choose. I had a double queen on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I stayed at this property during a business trip to actually review the hotel for student groups to be staying at. The hotel was very friendly- I loved that it was within minutes from the airport since I got in really late and was tired and the staff was still ready for me at midnight.

When I left the next morning, my room was a little cluttered and when I came back- everything was organized and clean. Loved that!

Overall a very nice stay, wonderful staff, and within a quick driving distance of anything in St Louis.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TFULL
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The hotel smells musty. The cleaning staff does a terrible job. Both a decorative blanket and a chair were stained with...well I hate to think what it might have been. Ice & vending machines down hall were both broken and the shower faucet didnt work. When you pulled the knob to have the water go thru the shower head, most of the water continued to come out of the faucet. This hotel's only bright spot is it's staff who who helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I stayed at the Marriott St. Louis Airport for three nights when I was visiting a friend who lives nearby. During the Labor Day weekend, the hotel was pretty fully booked due to a convention, but the staff didn't seem to let it shake them and they were courteous and helpful throughout my stay.

I had lunch in the hotel restaurant once, and it was reasonably priced and had a good variety of choices. The room was well appointed and comfortable enough. It was a fairly typical Marriott stay, with no surprises.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!