“Hotel nice ... getting out of the parking lot nightmare!”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed here before leaving for our honeymoon. The room itself was nice and comfortable. It was quiet and clean.

We ordered room service and it was a nice meal and delivered timely.

We had to leave at 4 am to get to the airport and the shuttle was on time and warm (it was a cold morning).

We paid in advance for parking in the hotel lot while we were gone on our trip. The return shuttle seemed to run about 7 minutes later than the time they were supposed to be there. It was 11 pm when we got to the hotel. We showed the front desk our parking confirmation and they told us the gate was open so we could drive out. So we got our car and drove to the gate, it was not open. So my husband put our parking ticket in and the machine wanted credit card. So he parked and went inside. They all seem puzzled that the gate was not open. So again, they told him to put this blue parking ticket in the machine and the gate would open. That did not work either. So he parked again and went inside. They told him to push the button for assistance and tell them that the front desk said to open the gate. When we tried that, no one answered. So one more time, my husband went inside and this time the front desk gave him a room key to get out of the parking lot. The room key opened the gate and we were finally free ... 28 minutes later. So frustrating. I would probably not stay there again. It was too much of a hassle.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I understand how frustrating it must have been to get your car out of the lot and I apologize for the inconvienence that this caused you. I hate that your honeymoon ended that way! I appreciate you giving us this feedback so that we can use this information as a training opportunity with our staff. Please contact me if you need a place to park the next time that you fly out of St. Louis, we would appreciate an opportunity to show you the great service and accomodations that we typically provide our guests. Congratulations on your wedding!

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,389)

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Have stayed here several times and found staff freindly and courteous. Room service is nice touch too... Facility is well maintained. Attached Conference Center accomodates large size events. Woulld recommend to others....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit to our hotel. We truly value the feedback and use the information as training tools for our staff. We will surely celebrate the kind comments you made about the team and accommodations.

We are already looking forward to your return. Prior to your next visit, please contact me directly if I can serve you in any way.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Average property for Marriott, with convenience to the St. Louis Airport being the main advantage. Parking on the grounds but kind of a hassle - ticket in/out and not well laid out. (Save $s take the shuttle and then and get rental car after your stay if you arrive late.) Good food in the bar and the kitchen stays open until 11pm I think it was, which was nice again for a night flight coming in. Room fine and was quiet for an airport location. Older hotel, everything dated, not many modern features.

Room Tip: long halls, stay near the elevators!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as we review all comments with our staff and use them as training tools to improve our service execution.

You will be happy to know, we are about to begin a $15 million renovation in February that will provide the hotel with many modern conveniences.

If I can assist you in any way prior to your next visit, please contact me directly,

314-253-5155

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The parking as a little annoying (ticket in and out with a high per hour fee). Turns out if you hold on to your key you can get out of parking for free, but this isnt made clear.

The food from the onsite restraunt is decent enough and reasonably priced.

The hotel is very old and needs updates. Decor is very dated, and there should be more elevators. You may have to walk for a while to your room. No flat screen TVs. The rooms in general are way to small... not sure what they will ever be able to do about that.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick D
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are looking forward to a $15 million dollar renovation beginning the 1st quarter of next year which will give us a much needed face lift. I apologize that we were not clear with parking instructions. We appreciate this feedback so that we can use this as a training opportunity with our staff. If there is ever anything I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Nice hotel , the beds were nice,but should be Queen. The staff was friendly. My kids liked the pool. No water pressure,small bathroom. Very close to the airport. The only problem we had was the ice machine was out. Had to go up a floor or down a floor.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit to our hotel. We truly value the feedback and use the information as training tools for our staff. We will surely celebrate the kind comments you made about the team and research the ice machine issue.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I am not impressed with this Marriott - it does not meet the standards of the average marriott. The beds were bad, the carpets old, and 50% of the elevators in one tower weren't working the entire time, and I got stuck in the other one when it failed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lronn H
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

We appreciate your feedback about the hotel. We depend on our customers to provide feedback to continually improve and refine our service & accomodations. We are looking forward to a $15 million dollar renovation beginning the 1st quarter of next year which will address the items that you mention. I hope that you will come back and see us then. If there is ever anything I can do to make your stays more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Direcot of Rooms

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Our room was in the tower section and was adequate. I wish I could say more, but there was nothing extraordinary about the room. The beds were softer than many hotels when you find hard cheap matresses. These were good for me. The room had two doubles and one would think that Quees size would be the norm these days. I little small for two folks.
We tried to eat in the Grille on the main level. The restaurant was not half full. We ordered a hamburger and a bowl of soup. At the 48 minute mark, we had no food, just apologises. We asked if the food was ready and it was not. We stopped at the gift shop and got two bags of chips and called it dinner. I can see no reason for such slow service at a modest sized restaurant.
This was a large soccer weekend and the hotel was full. The tower is served by two elevators and one was not working until Sunday. Really! There was reports of elevator not working in prior reviews as well. Basic stuff and left - unrepaired. Leaves a bad impression.

Room Tip: There is a charge for parking and for Wifi.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Drguz
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the long wait that you experienced in the Grill. I understand your frustation and assure you that your feedback will be passed on to our Food & Beverage team.

If your travels bring you back to St. Louis, please contact me prior to your arrival, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you the type of excellent service we typically deliver.

Director of Rooms

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Downtown
Marriott St. Louis Grand
Marriott St. Louis Grand
#25 of 124 in Saint Louis
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!