“Frequent Guest - Service Great”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Broomfield, Colorado
“Frequent Guest - Service Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I simply love this place for a host of reasons, but top of the list is the service. Glenn and Jessica in the restaurant, Alex, the night manager and Jacqueline and Debron at the front desk are always on point to make sure Guests are taken care of.

The hotel is undergoing renovation and the results are tremendous. Lots of Eco-friendly elements and a great, open yet cozy feel. I stay here 2 to 3 times a month and have not been inconvenienced or disturbed at all by the renovation activities.

Well worth it for the staff, the comfort and the convenience. I have 5 other hotel choices for my business travel, but I wouldn't choose any other place.

Room Tip: Choose the Marquis Tower
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for the very nice 4 Star Review!!! We appreciate the kind comments about the staff and will be sure to share with the entire team.
We look forward to your next visit as we strive to maintain your loyalty.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Location is great for flyers. I didn't care for the layout of the restuarant and lounge. I didn't think it had a cozy or pub/like atmosphere, which I like. The staff was very pleasant but thought the rooms could have been alittle cleaner. My first room was very nice. They gave me an upgrade to a corner suite on the 8th floor. I was very pleased with that until I realized that the wifi, for some reason, didn't work out of that room. They were there right away to get me moved into a room with wifi.

Room Tip: Corner suite on the 8th floor was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please note, the area in which you dined is merely the bar as the restaurant is still under construction as we create the full Marriott Greatroom that is sure to provide the dining experience you desire.

We hope you visit us again soon.
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

When I checked in to the hotel, I was assigned a room that was very far from the lobby elevator. The staff didn't inform me that there was another elevator that would have made my walk much shorter. I checked in around 10 pm and was checking out at 6 am. I got in my room which is not updated at all. The area behind the night stand looked like it had not been cleaned since they opened the hotel. Then I went to climb in the bed and by the pillows was a dead bug. I picked it up with a flat sheet of paper and was relieved to see it looked like a gnat since it had wings, but still very gross. Then I moved the pillow and saw two more squished bugs on the pillowcase. Needless to say I slept in another bed! I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel by the airport!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are frustrated we were not able to meet your expectations and are working with our housekeeping team to correct the issues.
We hope to have an opportunity to regain your trust. I you choose to visit us again, please contact me directly and I will personally ensure an error free stay.

314-253-5155 Direct
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I spent one night here recently because of its close proximity to the airport (4 minutes by shuttle) for a 6.00 am flight. It seems to be a really busy property -- probably for the same reason I was there. I wasn't there a long time, but the room was clean and very comfortable; if not a bit on the small side. But for a single traveller with limited time in the room that was not an issue. Hotel staff at the front desk and on the shuttle were very friendly. Note well - some reconstruction in the main lobby underway but that did not impact my stay. I would stay here again, for sure.

Room Tip: I had a view of a parking garage -- I think a view of the airport would be a better bet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your 4 Star Review!! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to serving you again soon.

Upon your return, please contact me directly and I will ensure you receive the airport view you desire.

Mountain House, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Very comfortable and worth the cost. Even though there was construction it was very clean. Staff was super friendly & accommodating. Right across the street from the airport, but there was absolutely no outside noise. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!! We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to serving you again soon.
Our lobby renovation is close to complete so stop by soon!!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

The experience started at 4p.m. 1 hour after check in on a Wednesday night. Rooms were not ready! National Beauty Pageant with our children was the reason for our visit. I was assured we would have a fridge and microwave in our room. Not a chance. Not a standard feature at this Marriott! Limited availability I was then told at check in. A pot of hot water by room service for my coffee, which I take with me everywhere was going to cost $9.00! Internet service was going to be $12.99 a day! If that wasnt bad enough, the beds are absolutely awful! Both double beds were broke down. Mattress kept sliding partially off the box springs! The staff was great though. Outdoor pool was nice. Unless you really like to walk alot, I suggest you ask for a room close to the elevator. The hallways are long. Trust me.

Room Tip: unless you like to walk, ask for a room a few doors down from the elevator. Noise vs the walk, you...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the issues that you experienced while staying with us but appreciate you bringing them to our attention as we rely on our guests comments to help us determine where we need to improve. I was glad to hear that you found the staff to be great. We are working hard to complete the current renovation so that the hotel and accomodations are just as great as our staff! Feel free to contact me if there is ever anything I can assist with.

Cheryl Prenger
Director of Rooms
314-253-5140
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

My family and friends stayed one night and then flew out to mexico in June 2013 and parked our car for 7 nights and that is included in the price for the one night. The hotel has free shuttle service anytime. Some of the rooms are close to the lobby and some are far away but I did not mind the walk the rooms are very nice and clean. The bar and resturant are a little expensive for me but I am cheap so we ordered a pizza and they brought it to us. I have stayed here for the last 10 years when I fly out of St. Louis and will continue to do so as long as they give me a good price and let me park and fly.

Room Tip: There are elevators the best room is the corner rooms because the view is excellent or if you don...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony37093
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!!

We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to serving you again soon. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit if I can serve you in any way.

314-253-5155 Direct
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!