“Updated hotel”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Updated hotel”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent customer service at this hotel. I arrived in the middle of the night, and you do not always get the best service at that time of the day. Super friendly gentlemen greeted me who actually had personalities. It was great.

Remodeled hotel, and the lobby area is pretty posh for St. Louis.

I only stayed one night, but my room was nice. Fitness facility is OK, although not as updated as the rest of the hotel.

I held a meeting upstairs in one of the towers. This area was not updated, so not nearly as nice. But we had great catering service for our lunch.

The hilarious thing about this hotel was that I was there during a miniatures convention. So, I got off the elevator in the morning and felt like I was at a 4H meeting. And, there was an older lady walking around with mini doll heads in a bag and I was totally creeped out the rest of the morning. Only in St. Louis.

Room Tip: IF you can be in the West tower, it is a shorter walk.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star Review. We truly appreciate the kind comments about our third shift staff and our renovation.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again.
314-253-5155 Direct Line

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent refreshed rooms in the tower I stayed in. Great outdoor pool for an airport location. Concierge lounge location is inconvenient from the other tower where I stayed. Shuttle to airport was timely. Very affordable daily parking with park 'n' fly offered.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for recognizing the transformation the hotel has embarked upon in the past year.

We hope to have the opportunity to connect with you again soon.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels and this by far was the most friendliest and welcoming hotel I have ever stayed in. The staff can't help you enough and they are always wearing a smile. When I arrived my luggage did not turn up from my long flight from the UK and the staff reassured me that all would be fine and in the mean time they gave me some supplies, and true to their word it turned up under 24 hours after arriving. Throughout my 10 day stay the staff were always making sure everything was ok and I was happy etc and this made a nice touch. I would recommend this hotel as rooms were lovely and beds were really comfy to. Thanks again to all the staff you were amazing. Love from the UK girls.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!! We truly appreciate the positive comments about the staff and are delighted to know the team was able to connect with you on a personal level.

We hope your return home was less dramatic and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

The preferred member's one of the best I have ever visited. The service staff are genuinely the nicest people you will ever meet. The service was extraordinary and the food was surprisingly good. Must stay there when you are in the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kabernard
Thank you for the positive review. We are grateful you took the time to share your service experience with us. The team in the concierge lounge are true hospitality professionals and making personal connections is the key to their success.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Waynesville
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Awful service. Very slow. Ask for assistance and we are told soon. Very nice renovations, but service was simply awful. Not the norm for a Marriot. We usually stay at the Renaissance, because we had other bad experiences here. They were unfortunately full tonight. Not sure we will be back here. Hopefully breakfast will be better. Our room is nice but small.

Stayed July 2014
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. We strive daily to achieve a high level of service and as you can tell from other Trip Advisor reviews, we often hit the mark. We will examine your food and beverage concerns so we can improve the next time you choose to visit us.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit and I will ensure an exceptional hotel stay.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Needed a convenient hotel near the airport, when my flight home to New York was canceled. Hotel is less than 5 minutes from airport. Although exterior is a bit dated, tasteful renovations inside are apparent throughout common areas and room. All rooms non-smoking. While room was on the small side, it was clean and updated, with comfortable bed. Bathroom small (with 7 foot ceiling), but again updated and clean. Room well insulated and no airplane noise apparent. Air conditioning worked well. For those so inclined, there is a very pretty pool area in the interior courtyard. Ate dinner in the restaurant, with mixed results. Nice ambience and friendly staff. Ordered chicken wings appetizer well done and it came out so pale and undercooked, I asked if it was baked rather than fried. She said fried and graciously took it back. Funny thing was when they came back out a golden crispy brown (unrecognizable from the first batch), they were some of the best wings I have had anywhere, with nice presentation as well. Similar result with main course, shrimp over white cheddar grits. It ame out nearly cold with the grits and sauce coagulated. Back it went, but unlike the wings there was no fantastic transformation after the second try. Still barely warm and not a dish I would order again. Bottom line, would stay here again if need to be near the airport.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate the time it took to share your experience and will use your comments as a training tool for our food and beverage team.

We would love to have the opportunity to host you again soon and secure a 5 Star Review!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 7 July 2014

All I can say is that seeing Joanne's smiling face in the concierge lounge for breakfast in the mornings makes for a great start to the day! The ladies that run the lounge at night do a great job too. The snacks are incredibly with cook always on top of his game!

Room Tip: 1. Get tot he lounge early!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for the 4 Star Review and for kind comments about Joanne. We are lucky to have Joanne on the team as she is a prime example of the art of hosting.

We hope we can earn a 5 Star Review on your next visit.

314-253-5155 Direct Line
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!