“$10.00 Parking Charge For Hotel Guest”

Marriott St. Louis Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Mountain View, Missouri
“$10.00 Parking Charge For Hotel Guest”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this hotel off of Priceline and thought I was getting a good deal for 3.5 stars.... I wish I would have known that they charged an additional $10.00 for parking - Make sure you figure that in when booking a "deal"! Room service was pretty pricey, and they charge additional for wifi so be aware of that as well. There are no "extras" whatsoever, you only get something if you pay for it. That being said, don't let the run down appearance of the outside sway you. The hotel was HUGE and gorgeous on the inside, as were the rooms (but if you looked closely you could see the rooms were older as well) The decor is very modern. Easy to get to, no noise heard from the hallways and the bed was super comfy! I would rate this hotel as a 3 star at most, definitely not a 3.5!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are very happy to hear you found the results of our renovation gorgeous!

Thank you for allowing us to host you,

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott St. Louis Airport for one night on a recent quick trip to St. Louis. We booked through a third party site, at the last minute, and for the most part found our stay acceptable, if not great. The staff was friendly enough, and check-in took only about 5 minutes. What was disappointing to me was that we found out upon arriving that it would cost us $10 to park our car. Keep in mind, the hotel is not located in a busy downtown area--it's next to an airport. There are several park and fly garages close by that charge a similar rate to park, but keep in mind, we were not there to park. We were paying to stay at the hotel! The fee seemed unnecessary. What's more, we could barely find a place to park, even after paying our $10. We had to park all the way to the back side of the lot in the "long-term" parking.

Additionally, there is a $10-$20 daily charge for wifi. Especially after finding out about the parking fee (and lack of parking), having to pay to use a service that costs almost nothing on a per customer basis to provide (and that countless places provide for free) is ridiculous.

As you get off the interstate the hotel looks somewhat dated and a bit dingy, but not in disrepair. Inside, though, everything has been recently remodeled and looks great. The common areas are quite nice. Our room wasn't over the top fancy, but it was fairly nice, and it was certainly clean and comfortable.

The hotel is very big, and when we were there, it was very busy. There is a Starbucks in the lobby (though you pay a premium, even over regular Starbucks prices), as well as what seemed to be a nice restaurant (we did not eat there).

I have given the hotel an "average" rating. Truthfully, it probably deserves better than an average rating, but our experience wasn't good enough for me to rate it as "very good," which is the next option. If the price was right, I would consider staying here again (and this time I would know ahead of time about the parking situation).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your experience with our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you back to St. Louis. If there is ever anything I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

314-253-5140
Kansas City
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel was neat and clean, the food was great and the staff were very helpful. The woman in the convenience shop sold me the change I needed. Jerry was polite, helpful and very friendly. We got him so excited about the VFW that he rushed out to his local post and joined!! Great job Jerry!

TJ & Cheryl

• Stayed July 2014
Thanks for the great review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have Jerry on our team. He is very excited about joining the VFW. Thanks for staying with us!

Arkansas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The room was very clean and all of the staff were friendly and attentive. I was attending a VFW (Cooties) Convention and Jerry was not only very helpful but also introduced himself as a Vietnam Veteran. Jerry was on the sot the whole time we were there, catering to our needs. accommodations were very spacious. The food was better than expected, and the staff was very helpful and informative when trying to get downtown. Our only complaint would be the lack of housekeepers. You could find their carts but no personnel. Due to travelling with a group, our Wi-Fi and parking were free. However, for the rate of rooms, I would have been disappointed to be asked to pay for such normally furnished costs. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the convention and time with Jerry as he is a brilliant host. We will also celebrate your positive comments with our food and beverage team.

Thank you for choosing us and for submitting a positive review!

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My stay at the Marriot St Louis Airport was very enjoyable, except for the check out. The Hotel is located 5 min away from the aiport which is very conevnient is quite big but the service was OK. The buffet-dinner at the restaurant was good for the price. Rooms are spacious, clean, modern and comfortable. I very much enjoyed the big pool wehre I had a swim at 7.00 am before breakfast. Breakfast was good and generous even though it was so crowdy on this Saturday morning that it was hard to find a place to sit. For the $ 109 I paid for a room with king bed, I found the price/quality ratio excellent.
The nasty surprise however was at checking out where I could not get a hard copy of my room's bill even if my credit card handed out the day before was charged. The explanations given by the lady at the desk had neither rhyme no reason but all my efforts to get my room's bill were to no avail. This is totally not serious and not professional for such a hotel !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate the positive comments about your stay and the food and beverage you enjoyed. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again.
Please contact me prior to your next arrival and I will personally ensure excellence, along with a printed copy of you folio.

Respectfully,
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Indoor and outdoor pool! Rooms are clean, and the comforter is between two white sheets- makes me feel like the bed is really clean when I know I'm not touching the same comforter everyone else has slept with. Towels are soft and new! Nice new TVs, nice social/party atmosphere down stairs in the lobby. People at the front desk are really helpful. Two bad things- you have to pay for wifi and parking!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!! We are truly happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to hosting you again soon.
While parking and wifi are standard full service hotel charges in our market, I would be more than happy to provide them complimentary on your next visit. Please contact me directly prior to your arrival and I will personally ensure a great experience.

Respectfully,
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After checking in, I realized that I forgot my phone charger. I ventured to the front desk to inquire nearest place to purchase one. Leslie and Miranda at the front desk inquired about my phone and Leslie (a new trainee) told me that I could borrow her personal charger for the weekend. Kudos to them for going well above and beyond ! Thanks!

The only downside to my 4 day stay was the restaurant. The food in the restaurant was very good - but the restaurant was understaffed and service was slow.

The hotel overall was definitely a winner -

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the positive review. Making personal connections is what the hospitality industry is all about and we are happy to have Miranda and Leslie on the team.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.
314-253-5155 Direct Line
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!