“Cootie Convention” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Hillsboro, Missouri
“Cootie Convention”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I would like to compliment the service we received. Jerry and Toz were most helpful and polite. Our room, convention facilities, and service were top of the line. I would recommend this hotel to friends. Diana Grand President Missouri.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel and staff. We will be sure to celebrate with Toz and Jerry as they are vital to our success.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Respectfully,
314-253-5155 Direct Line

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

those were certainly appreciated and my room had a new wide screen TV which was also nice. The big issue we had was slow service in the bar, it took over 20 minutes from the time we sat down to actually having our drinks and that was after asking someone at the bar to send over a server. I wish I could say they were packed but that was not the case We also ordered food since we did not feel like leaving as we had a meeting to prepare for. The pork belly and fried ravioli appetizers were good but dinner was a let down for all three for of us with non of us finishing our entree The bed was nice, the room was clean however the bathroom was very small. I was able to hear the other rooms near me. Although I prefer Marriott as a rule, not sure this location is up the usual level

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to time to share your experience with us. We enjoyed your comments about our friendly staff but are frustrated to see your food and beverage experience was not a good one. We will use your comments as a training tool to ensure we make immediate improvements.

Respectfully,
st. louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We spent three days there last weekend at the Supreme Cootie Convention. The hospitality rooms were very nice but the best thing was the service we received from Jerry and Toz. They were always polite, attentive to our needs and a joy to be around. Thank you for having such dedicated employees.
Pat from Missouri Grand

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We appreciate the great review! I am happy to hear that Toz & Jerry took such great care of you. We really enjoyed hosting the Cootie Convention!

Mountain View, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this hotel off of Priceline and thought I was getting a good deal for 3.5 stars.... I wish I would have known that they charged an additional $10.00 for parking - Make sure you figure that in when booking a "deal"! Room service was pretty pricey, and they charge additional for wifi so be aware of that as well. There are no "extras" whatsoever, you only get something if you pay for it. That being said, don't let the run down appearance of the outside sway you. The hotel was HUGE and gorgeous on the inside, as were the rooms (but if you looked closely you could see the rooms were older as well) The decor is very modern. Easy to get to, no noise heard from the hallways and the bed was super comfy! I would rate this hotel as a 3 star at most, definitely not a 3.5!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are very happy to hear you found the results of our renovation gorgeous!

Thank you for allowing us to host you,

Evansville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott St. Louis Airport for one night on a recent quick trip to St. Louis. We booked through a third party site, at the last minute, and for the most part found our stay acceptable, if not great. The staff was friendly enough, and check-in took only about 5 minutes. What was disappointing to me was that we found out upon arriving that it would cost us $10 to park our car. Keep in mind, the hotel is not located in a busy downtown area--it's next to an airport. There are several park and fly garages close by that charge a similar rate to park, but keep in mind, we were not there to park. We were paying to stay at the hotel! The fee seemed unnecessary. What's more, we could barely find a place to park, even after paying our $10. We had to park all the way to the back side of the lot in the "long-term" parking.

Additionally, there is a $10-$20 daily charge for wifi. Especially after finding out about the parking fee (and lack of parking), having to pay to use a service that costs almost nothing on a per customer basis to provide (and that countless places provide for free) is ridiculous.

As you get off the interstate the hotel looks somewhat dated and a bit dingy, but not in disrepair. Inside, though, everything has been recently remodeled and looks great. The common areas are quite nice. Our room wasn't over the top fancy, but it was fairly nice, and it was certainly clean and comfortable.

The hotel is very big, and when we were there, it was very busy. There is a Starbucks in the lobby (though you pay a premium, even over regular Starbucks prices), as well as what seemed to be a nice restaurant (we did not eat there).

I have given the hotel an "average" rating. Truthfully, it probably deserves better than an average rating, but our experience wasn't good enough for me to rate it as "very good," which is the next option. If the price was right, I would consider staying here again (and this time I would know ahead of time about the parking situation).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for sharing your experience with our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you back to St. Louis. If there is ever anything I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

314-253-5140
Kansas City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel was neat and clean, the food was great and the staff were very helpful. The woman in the convenience shop sold me the change I needed. Jerry was polite, helpful and very friendly. We got him so excited about the VFW that he rushed out to his local post and joined!! Great job Jerry!

TJ & Cheryl

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the great review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to have Jerry on our team. He is very excited about joining the VFW. Thanks for staying with us!

Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The room was very clean and all of the staff were friendly and attentive. I was attending a VFW (Cooties) Convention and Jerry was not only very helpful but also introduced himself as a Vietnam Veteran. Jerry was on the sot the whole time we were there, catering to our needs. accommodations were very spacious. The food was better than expected, and the staff was very helpful and informative when trying to get downtown. Our only complaint would be the lack of housekeepers. You could find their carts but no personnel. Due to travelling with a group, our Wi-Fi and parking were free. However, for the rate of rooms, I would have been disappointed to be asked to pay for such normally furnished costs. Overall, an enjoyable experience.

Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the convention and time with Jerry as he is a brilliant host. We will also celebrate your positive comments with our food and beverage team.

Thank you for choosing us and for submitting a positive review!

314-253-5155 Direct Line
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!