“Good option”

Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My family spent three nights at the Drury March 2012. We planned this excursion last minute and could not find any accomodations downtown, except one for $360 a night, for get about it. I later found out the NCAA wrestling tournament was in town. Being unfamiliar with St. Louis neighborhoods and traffic patterns, I had no idea what to expect. I planned on using the train from the airport, where this property is located, but honestly, was not at all distressed by the traffic in and out of the city. I use public transportation as often I can but as my nine year old said,"The trains look creepy". Check in was easy, we reserved two ajoining rooms. The staff was polite and helpful and told us how each adult was entitled to three alcoholic drinks nightly along with a fairly large free dinner buffet. This is on top of the free breakfast. The rooms were clean, one king room and a room with two queens. The rooms came with a mini fridge and micro, a flat screen, desk and a sitting chair. The bathroom had the shower and toilet seperate from the sink and closet. Towels and soaps were plentiful. Despite the location close to the airport, we only noticed plane noise once or twice. My wife made a call down to desk in the middle of the night asking about fresh bed clothes, one of my children became ill in the night, and she was told the hotel was out of sheets. I know alot of places do not have 24 hour housekeeping, but Drury could have helped a distressed mother out a bit. Overall, clean, safe, inexpensive. Drury ranks better than average. Oh ya, the kids loved the pool!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OldskoolIowa

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I feel like I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It certainly may not be the flashiest hotel but it was very welcoming, homey and exactly what we needed. My mom arrived in St. Louis about 5 hours before I did because of various travel plans. I am moving so she had all of my stuff. My stuff consisted of 7 bags and my cat. From the moment she got on the shuttle from the airport to getting into our room everyone was so helpful! They were able to give us a room on the first floor so it would be easier to get all of the bags in the room. Then she was able to enjoy herself at the 5:30 kickback with drinks and enough food to be considered dinner. We had a great night sleep on some very comfortable beds and woke up to have a pretty decent breakfast the next morning. When having breakfast the next morning the manager who had assisted my mom the following night, even remembered her name and asked how her how she was doing. Later when we were going to walk to get our rental car the manager was telling us how to get there, he decided that would just take us. We were so grateful especially because it was raining outside.

We were blown away be the amazing service of this hotel and would definitely stay here again. The food is great, the hotel and the beds are comfortable, and the service was amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank L1ndy_L0u_Wh0
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Always stay here on business to St. Louis as it is five minutes or less to the airport and car rental returns. For around $100, you get hot food for dinner (mostaccioli, meatballs, hot dogs, etc.) and free beer and wine. The breakfast is better than many around also. The staff is very professional and helpful and the rooms are what you'd expect for a hotel of this type in this price range.

I have to give special kudos to the Asst. GM, Alex Rogriguez. This guy went out of his way to help me find a restaurant that fit our needs, and was extremely hands on in the dining area to make sure people had what they wanted and that it was clean.

Overall an excellent choice.

Room Tip: I didn't hear any airplanes so it must not be in a flight line path.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My family and I have used this hotel for 5 consecutive years. We love it. The hotel staff is wonderful. The rooms are spacious and the hot breakfast and the evening snacks hit the spot. Keep doing what you doing. You really have your act together. Oh.....it's also a great value.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We found ourselves needing to do an overnight in St. Louis, so we headed for the Drury Hotel. What a great experience it was - excellent service, lovely clean accommodations, an afternoon Happy Hour that could have easily substituted for dinner and a delicious breakfast. Add to that the popcorn machine in the lobby and life is good. They were even dong some construction work, but it didn't take away from the homey warm ambience at the Drury.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I have stayed here many times having a business client close by. The hotel is convenient to the airport with a shuttle service to and fro. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and there is a microwave and small frig in each room and free wireless. This is an excellent moderately priced inn.
They have a complimentary happy hour with cocktails and snacks and a complimentary breakfast.
The staff is all extremely friendly and willing to assist in any way possible to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stay in a hotel on business near the St Louis airport a few times a year. After my first stay here, I always return. The rooms are clean and larger than the competition. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Their complimentary breakfast is excellent and their complimentary evening snack, including beer, wine and/or mixed drinks are welcome after a long day and can serve as a dinner if I am tired choose not to go out. If I get hungry later, they are always willing to pop some popcorn. All this at a very competitive price! In my opinion, the Drury is the best hotel overall in the airport area by far.

Room Tip: Get a suite - they are huge and at a very reasonable price.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve1362
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Been to Drury Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!