“Typical Drury”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
INDIANA
“Typical Drury”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here for 1 night (May 26th 2012). I have never been the least bit disappointed with any Drury hotel that I have ever stayed at. This property is no exception. It is very clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast is also a nice plus. Cant go wrong with Drury.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 15 May 2012

While it seemed some of the other hotels were boosting their rates because the NRA convention was in town, the Drury kept their prices the same. Throw in the breakfast and evening hot snacks and this makes them an even better deal, especially if you have kids.

The rooms were clean and nice, as was the indoor pool. It also has a 24-hour airport shuttle, a restaurant in the same parking lot (Lombardo's, though I probably wouldn't recommend it) and is next to some car rental returns (Avis). So it has the convenience factor down.

One other thing to mention, is the gas station/mini mart next to the Drury. Since this seems to be the only gas station around the airport and car rental places, you would think they would be gouging people returning their cars. Add in the fact that when we were there, there wasn't even a sign up saying how much gas was, it would seem to be such a place. But the front desk clerk at the Drury said it was just construction that took down the sign and they are about the same as everywhere else. I drove over and, she was right. Their price was about the same as other stations. So that was a pleasant surprise. Topped off and drove the rental a couple hundred yards to Avis.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CoyoteIsland
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here for a weekend. It was great!

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, bathroom clean, the TV was very nicely sized as well. Free Wi-Fi throughout building.

It was convenient also as my wife likes to workout on elliptical machines and the small, but cool room had one as well as a treadmill.

As for the food and service, that also seemed to be spectacular. People who served were very friendly and accommodating. The food was tasty and not only did they offer breakfast, but they offered a happy hour from 5 to 7 PM! The happy hour food was snack type food, but included an alcoholic beverage too if you liked.

Well done Drury. Your reputation can only go up from here.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank AdamAndrew7
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed on a business trip for one night (May 2nd). I was pleasantly surprised at the quality I received for such an affordable rate ($103.13 w/ tax). The staff was professional and friendly and the hotel was clean-- including my room (deluxe guest room) and bathroom. It's about 5 minutes away from the STL airport. They offer free airport shuttle service (which arrived within 15 minutes of making the request at the hotel front desk), free Wi-Fi (thumbs-up!) and free breakfast (bagels, donuts, cold cereal, sausage, scrambled eggs, french toast and waffles) which is a definite plus.
I did notice a hole/tear in the blanket on my bed; otherwise, the linens all looked very clean .I stayed on the second floor in a room overlooking the fitness center and indoor pool. If you're expecting the Ritz, you will be disappointed, however, it was definitely worth the price. The pictures on the website are very accurate. I would stay there again.

FYI: There’s a good, Italian restaurant next door.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank NP522
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I am really allergic to animals and didn't know this hotel was pet friendly. We had a large group and took a motorcoach so I was unable to stay somewhere else. There are NO PET-FREE rooms and we were not told this information when we made the reservations! It was a really long 4 nights staying there, very miserable not being able to breathe well, itchy eyes and I already take allergy medicines and used my inhaler frequently. The staff at the desk didn't offer any help with this problem. 2 other people in my group were also miserable. BUT the staff for everything else was very nice and the breakfast and free dinners were fine. I learned my lesson the hard way and now will always ask about pets being allowed at hotels. I'm a frequent traveler and never ran into this problem.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jilly42
Arkansas
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My mom, my 2 year daughter, our mini schnauzer and I stayed here April 20 - April 20, 2012, let me tell you this was one of the best hotels I've stayed at!! You had to have a key in order to get inside the parking area and hotel, which was nice we felt secure. This hotel was little pricey then our budget but was WELL worth it. The staff was always so cheerful and helpful. We really enjoyed the kick-back....free alcoholic n non-alcoholic breaverages and hot/cold foods at 5:30 and the fresh hot breakfast...yum!! There is a restrauant next door but we never had to go there due to the great food offered at the hotel. Pool/hot tub were great. Room was nice, loved having a big tv to watch and the beds and pillows were amazing slept great!! It was so nice there we wanted to stay another night but we had to go home. This hotel is at a great location too. Just 15 minutes from the zoo and arch and about 20 minutes from the biggest shopping area we've ever been too in Chesterfield!! It had a walmart supercenter, sams club and lowes pretty much side by side. If I ever get the chance to come back to St Louis this will be the place I will stay for sure!!! 100% SATISFACTION A little tip for speedy drivers: WATCH YOUR SPEED!! The cops had people pulled over all the time. During a 10 minute time the cops had pulled over 4 cars.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jamie_h2012
New Madrid, Missouri
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed here because our flight out was an early one and wanted to be close. We missed the hot food for dinner--ends at 7:00pm. But the room was clean, very comfortable and very quiet. I had expected a used hotel but they have really keep this one up to date on the decor and amenties. Breakfast was very good and plenty of choices to make with cold or hot food. I would definintely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay. I have stayed at all levels of the Drury Hotel line and you will not be disappointed with this place. Price was right for what you got!!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and in the middle of the building--quiet and no outside noise was heard...