“"Tired" and "don't Care Attitude”
Review of Family Budget Inn

Family Budget Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bethany
Bloomington, Minnesota
“"Tired" and "don't Care Attitude”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Reservation asked for any specials ----told we got it--- requested refrigerator ---said all rooms had them. Checked in ---told next building at end ----looked like a parking lot for trucks---a tacky white fence was around what turned out to be a small pool in desperate need of skimming and one cheap plastic chair ---- didn't use it )
Noticed immediately no refrigerator -----called office she complained that to move us (we had brought nothing into the room) would mean they couldn't rent the room since we were in it--huh!!.Got card for next room refrigerator not on neither was the a/c but we could open the window.
Pluses-- hard floor no dirty carpet
Cons--very sad "quilted" spreads need re-quilting
very old saggy mattress /springs I think bright turquois is not a current color
chairs had white "something" on them

Breakfast was cereal nuk cereal, some sad (dried -not meant to be-fruit), very wet pastries in plastic cake carries.
Worst was at the restaurant the office recommended ad in a tourist book stated a rate $15 less than we paid (at check out told gal I would like an adjustment she looked blank and said she would have the manager call me I AM STILL WAITING --- poor customer service
looked run down and hall very smoky (said no smoking but not followed and not cleaned ---also when we came back from dinner entry doors were propped open --a safety issue at night with long dark corridors
go some where else

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable rooms, king size bed with microwave fridge and nice cold Ac only $56. Friendly staff, nice quests made for good down time conversation and breakfast in the morning, can't beat it. Even has a big pool area for the super hot days. Booked another night!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with our 3 daughters for one night on our way to Iowa. Very basic, no frills but very clean. Pool is outside and we had to walk across the parking lot to get there from our room. Continental breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jennifersY4171HD
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Family Budget Inn in Bethany, MO one night during the first week of June. When I called to make the reservation Penny was very professional and so sweet. We were so happy the inn accepted our 3 little doggies and did not charge us a fortune for them to stay. After reading the reviews I requested a room facing away from I-35 and also a non smoking room. She let us know we would be staying in a newly remodeled pet room in their South building. Just an FYI the South building is not connected to the main building. This was not a problem for us because we like walking but if walking is an issue it might not be for you.

I was a little nervous because our pets are house trained. When we visited my in-laws who have pets that are not house trained our male puppy immediately started marking his territory to our dismay. He has NEVER done this and has never even had an accident in our house. I was so relieved there was no carpeting what so ever. The room was immaculate and smelled super clean. I am anal about cleanliness and I have asthma so we were very impressed. My husband has allergies and all three of our dogs are non shedding. He had no problems with his allergies from previous pets in the room as well.

The continental breakfast was very good and had a fresh variety of yummy cheese and apple danishes, muffins, cereals, yogurts, puddings, fresh fruit, cupped fruit, and juices to choose from. If you eat at Taco Bell/KFC and it might be another place, if you mention you are staying at the Family Budget Inn you receive a 10% discount.

Another point I want to mention is that my loving husband who wanted to be in charge of packing our things for the return trip forgot my cellphone charger. Amanda, the manager called me from the post office to let me know she had just mailed it off. Her child was actually sick this day and I was so grateful she went out of her way for me.

Family Budget Inn is not the Ritz Carlton by any means however, it is super clean, the staff are extremely professional, and courteous.

We are a military family and lived overseas for a long time. I am very happy to see this level of customer service still exists.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank William Sookie C
Stacy, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here last year and staying again this year. We stopped last year on our way to Branson and it was great! Extremely clean room, wonderful, friendly front desk and good Wi-Fi connection. The breakfast was a pretty average continental breakfast, nothing fantastic. But if you are looking for a clean, clean, clean room this is it! A really good deal!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scarleto29
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very nice and clean and quiet. We stayed overnight after touring in the area. The shower was AWESOME. The breakfast was a lovely surprise--wasn't expecting anything but coffee, at the price we were paying, so having the continental breakfast was a treat. Desk and other staff were very courteous. Will be sure to stay here again if we return to the area. A real value for our money!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dre J
Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hallways reeked of marijuana and other guests were loud. Not the motels fault but an indication of who stays here. The beds were old, the pillows flat. The bathroom was small and had the toilet and sink in the room with the shower instead of outside the door like most. The room had a fridge and microwave. The tv was small and the reception was bad. It had lots of channels though. We only spent 10 hours and for the money it was fine but if I was staying longer I would avoid this motel.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Chippewa76
Amanda V, Manager at Family Budget Inn, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We are very sorry for your negative experience at our motel. We have tried to determine when and what room you stayed in with no luck, Should you ever encounter anything like this at our motel or any other I would recommend you contact the front desk for assistance with any issues so they have an opportunity to help you. Again we are very sorry for your experience while staying here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethany
Super 8 Bethany MO
#2 of 2 in Trenton
Morrell Ranch
Morrell Ranch
#1 of 1 in Gallatin

Been to Family Budget Inn? Share your experiences!