“Superb Dining”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Kington
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A classic old english country pub with lots of character. The food was excellent with a specials board that offered a wide variety of choice.

THE_RED_HART, Owner at The Red Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Peter D,

Before we took the pub over with my Husband nearly 2 years ago we felt like... wow: I love it .. I want it! As you mentioned, this is a place with lots of character ... it is really!, 100% everything is freshly cooked, and the menu is never boring because we are changing the specials every week.
Thank you for coming and dining in our pub, see you soon!

There are newer reviews for The Red Hart

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Arrived for Sunday lunch with moderate expectations. Meet and greet was warm and prompt. Lovely old pub. Had a wonderful mixed starter to share which was both full of flavour and substantial. All three of us enjoyed our various main courses. My beef was beautifully pink the other two mains were extremely tasty and substantial. We had a self proclaimed "chip connoisseur" with us who said that they were the best chips that she'd ever had. High praise indeed! All washed down with a bottle of pleasant and reasonably priced wine.
The food is far better at the Red Hart than in the majority of pubs. With tablecloths, 'proper' napkins and perhaps updated cutlery it would be in a very different league.
A lovely experience, really very good food and well worth a visit.

Dear hannasys,

Thank you for your review!
We are so proud having such a beautiful pub, and regarding to the "chip connoisseur" opinion (as you mentioned), I can agree with that, because I can see the chefs pilling and chopping the fresh potatoes every single day. What about tablecloths and "proper" napkins...give it a go for one of our Gourmet night ... you would feel very-very spoilt (few pictures about on our webpage).
Have a nice day,

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were recommended by friends to try the at the Red Hart since it has a reputation for excellent home cooked food. since this Pub is quite local to us we decided to try it out. A number of restaurants now supply average pre prepared food. Not this one an excellent choice of meals are available all prepared in house. This coupled with Real ales and very friendly service made an enjoyable evening. The pub itself is old and full of character. Will defiantly go again.

THE_RED_HART, Owner at The Red Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Richard b,

Thank you for spending your time and putting on this page your kind review about your experience in our pub!
Darren, (my husband) is not a microwave chef, everything is freshly cooked, the ingredients are fresh as well, and if you would ask him how did he make a dish being so delicious, the answer would be simple: with love! :)
Looking forward to see you soon again here in The Red Hart.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Visited the Red Hart for the 5th time in the last 6 months having previously been for Sunday Lunch( Best Sunday Lunch Ever ) and early evening snacks ( the Venison Burger is to die for ) We decided to go for dinner. It is run by the owners and has a real family feel about the place.
We were welcomed by very friendly staff ( as always) We decided to order from the specials board. I chose scallops and asparagus with pureed cauliflower to start ....it was excellent. My friends both chose the salt and pepper squid, the squid was really fresh and served beautifully with a light batter and a salad of Chilli, peppers. spring onion and coriander. I chose my favourite meat as a main ..... deer with a selection of greens and dauphinoise potatoes it was all absolutely excellent the deer was beautifully cooked. The atmosphere was great and the food is amazing. I think it is hard to beat. It is not the cheapest of places but not expensive for the quality of food served.

THE_RED_HART, Owner at The Red Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Sue2264,

Thank you for spending your time and putting this kind review on this page!
We love our customers, and my brilliant Husband (The Chef) will always provide a high standard quality food, so I am sure you will never be disappointed when you will come here in The Red Hart in the future again!
See you soon, I wish you a nice week!

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We visited The Red Hart this evening for a meal. It was the second time we have visited this restaurant/pub and just as the first occasion the second visit did not disappoint. There are a good range of meals to choose from both on the menu and specials board. Each meal we have tried has been presented to a very high standard and tasted amazing. The land lady is front of house and makes her customers feel very welcome and looked after. We will visiting again and thank you for a beautiful meal.

THE_RED_HART, Owner at The Red Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Amy C,

Thank you for putting this kind review, we are appreciating it so much!
As you mentioned how good the food is here in The Red Hart ... I can say thanks for my brilliant husband (the boss, the chef!) doing such a good job!
What about me making the atmosphere welcoming? ... My answer is simple: I love my customers!
Amy, wish you all the best and see you soon in our pub!

Best regards,
Gabriella, Darren and Marvin (our pub puppy :-))