“Classy pub/restaurant with rooms”

The Bell at Ramsbury
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramsbury
The Bell at Ramsbury
Ranked #1 of 2 Ramsbury B&B and Inns
Woking, United Kingdom
“Classy pub/restaurant with rooms”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed (and ate) here with a group of friends on a walking weekend in this gorgeous area of Wiltshire - and would recommend the walking too. Our room was in a building alongside the pub (most of them are in the pub itself) which would have been ideal for dog owners as there was a small tiled lobby with a very comfy looking dog bed. We used the space for our muddy boots. The room itself, up some stairs, was spacious, light, beautifully fitted out with a large shower and separate washbasin and loo and a very comfortable bed. Evening meals were varied, imaginative and delicious - and I don't normally eat chips but these were the best I've had in ages. Soups were home made and good and the meat and fish fresh and beautifully cooked. Breakfasts were good too - substantial if you needed them to be and with excellent toast (it's the little things that make the difference!). The thyme roasted mushrooms haunt me still. Staff are all friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: "Grouse" if you have a dog!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ramsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My wife and I took two friends as a thank you to our local pub, The Bell at Ramsbury, and had a most delicious meal. Special mention must go to the scallops and prawns dish, the tender, local venison and my dessert of rhubarb crumble topped with rhubarb ice cream was a winner. Lovely staff, friendly and efficient. Not the cheapest establishment in Ramsbury but well worth a treat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We went to The Bell inn at Ramsbury for the first time tonight. A really pleasant journey through wonderful countryside to get to it, and a part of Wiltshire we have not seen before. The restaurant looked very good from the outside and inside it had a traditional feel but also bright. We were well received and taken to our table. The waitress was very pleasant and helpful checking with the chef for gluten free options for me and then going through what was suitable with me. The menu is not massive in content but this is usually a good sign, and at the Bell all the options looked really good. The food my wife and I ordered was fresh, cooked well, presented well, and was excellent to eat. So all in all great service, great food, in a great pub/restaurant. The only slight issue I would have is that they didn't have any gluten free bread which is a shame but didn't spoil the evening as the food was so good.

Stayed April 2014
Fleet, Hampshire
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We came across this pub on our way home from Marlborough and were really pleased to have found it. The whole place has been beautifully done up and there is attention to detail in all directions. The loos are a treat. We found the prices somewhat steep and the portions on the small side, but couldn't fault the flavours and quality of the food. The menu is not overlong (good) but there's a good mix of crowd pleasers and more unusual dishes. My fish of the day with chick peas and many other ingredients worked very well. The bar and waiting staff were very friendly and efficient. We looked into the cafe and will certainly stop by on another occasion.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ludlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My son booked for lunch - 4 adults and my nine year old grandaughter - at 1.00pm
Lovely day, beautiful village, nice establishment, good(if very expensive food) but terrible restaurant service. We waited 40 minutes for the adult starters and next we waited another 45 minutes for the main courses. By this time my granddaughter actually asked for something to eat - she was hungry - we were reduced to making a sandwich for her. The wrong main courses arrived and when there mistakes had been corrected we then had to remind the staff that the accompanying vegetables were not on the table. By the time that these arrived, we had all eaten our main dishes. We ordered 3 coffees, a pot of Earl Grey tea and a dessert for my granddaughter. These took another 25 minutes to make an appearance. The meal took two and a quarter hours - we weren't in a hurry but this was totally un-acceptable. On leaving I told the manager that the service was terrible. I got no answer or apology, just a condescending smile which I translated as "I couldn't care less - I've got your money and I am not at all concerned that you will not visit my establishment again"
For a lunch costing approximately £ 150.00 I expect more - much more! Sadly I was a quest - had I been the host things ould have been totally different!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Roger P
Brecon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Family came from East and West as it was half way between the family homes. Had a very enjoyable Sunday lunch and celebrations as four members were having birthdays in the near future. We were accommodated in the Cafe which they closed early for us and set up a lovely square table in the room. It was ideal for our number and the staff (John) was brilliant. Everyone enjoyed their meal and the atmostphere was great. Would deffinately return and would recommend the restaurant and menus.

Room Tip: Unfortunatley we did not stay!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Stopped at The Bell on a Saturday bike ride and discovered the cafe round the back of the pub. What a great place. Delicious panini and massive slices of cake. A great idea having a cafe that shares some of the workings of the pub and restaurant. We'll be going back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsbury
The Castle & Ball Hotel
#1 of 1 in East Garston
The Crown & Anchor
The Crown & Anchor
#2 of 2 in Ramsbury

Been to The Bell at Ramsbury? Share your experiences!