Review Highlights
Tandem Skydive

Reviewed 7 October 2018
paulking246
Solihull, United Kingdom
Tandem, now free fall (AFF) and upwards!

Reviewed 2 October 2018
412philipe
Bath, United Kingdom

All reviews awesome experience tandem skydive free fall safest place salisbury plain whole team guard room jumps charity cameraman equipment video safety height filming aff
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Thanks to all at Netheravon for a brilliant experience. Instructor Wayne did an excellent job and the photographer, Ivan, created a fantastic record of what was an unforgettable 60th birthday gift. Top men, cool and in control, I felt totally safe - it was an incredible experience.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Superb team at Netheravon whether for a tandem or AFF course. I started out doing the tandem for charity and decided to go the whole hogg and do the accelerated free fall course. Now on Level 2 of 8 and working my way up to the grand finale as a qualified parachutist. The Army Red Devil team is based here and you get to experience some of the incredible jumps that they do. The instructor team are fantastic and the training second to none.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

After going to support friends last year, my confidence in the team here was greater. Finally I booked and went with a friend last Saturday. The weather was good and we booked the first flight so there would be less waiting around. Phew, had no time to back out and training with Mike AKA Billy was really calming. Great team of professional parachutists! Couldn’t have asked for a better trip and jump! Awesome! Still not sure I’ll be rushing back for another go, but definitely recommend it once in a lifetime!!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018

For the adrenaline junkies out there this ones for you. I booked a tandem skydive with the parachute regiment and although the first date that I pick was cancelled due to the weather the second date (just over a month later) was an absolute beautiful day.
Make sure you eat a good breakfast before you go as it's the energy that you will need for the jump. And yes you will need a lot of energy you just won't know that you are using it.
I arrived with all my doc (you have to fill in forms for health, who is coming to watch you, etc) and my ID and booked in with the guard room. They were helpful and sent me toward the field with a 'enjoy your day'. I arrived and booked in with the team, who were helpful and made sure I was OK. Asked to sit and wait for my name to be called before going in for my 'training'. Yes leave a full day to do this as there is a bit of waiting involved. The is a cafe and toilets so it's not much of a hardship and everyone seems to be quite excited.
Then you are called, the training isn't hard just what to do before during your jump, but please listen it makes for a better jump experience for you. After your training you get your Buddy who you will jump with and if you have paid for it to be filmed your very own cameraman (he will not do anyone else). You are then harnessed up and a little more training where they see if you can lift your legs up for the landing for seven seconds.
Now you are outside waiting if you are having a video of this (I strongly advise on your first jump that you do as you can never get that moment back) you will do a short intro with the cameraman asking why your doing the jump and if you are doing it for charity what the charity stands for. Then you are away to the plane.
In the plane yes it gets cosy but your not there long. Your Buddy will tell you what is happening and do lots of checks on the equipment as you are in the plane. Then the shuffle to the door. Assume the position that you have learnt in training and enjoy the experience. You have no sense of falling or height (I'm frightened of heights). The first is the free fall which is 45 seconds where your cameraman will take pictures and video of you, then with a small jolt the parachute is deployed. You can see for miles. At Netheravon we are the other side of Salisbury plain but could see the Isle of Wight. It is so quite when you are on the parachute and you can chat easily with your Buddy.
The Landing is fairly slow (in comparison with some of the other jumpers) your Buddy will let you know when to put your legs up and then you are down wanting to get up and do it all again!
I had no fear about safety the equipment was all go quality and the instructor were knowledgeable. All in all a great day and will be going again with my daughter and daughter in law who have expressed an interest as I have done this. Oh and by the way age is not an excuse! Just to say I have grandchildren so anyone can do this!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018

We did a tandem skydive yesterday at Netheravon - The best experience ever guys ! Professionally delivered and really made us all feel very relaxed and comfortable. The Dream Team 'Paddy and Trevor' were awesome and really engaged - if you are doing it, make sure you get the photo and video package - it's worth the money to see it all over again. Well done guys - you made it amazing - thank you !

Date of experience: July 2018