“Sean”

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Sean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Lovely hotel,
Nice atmosphere in the bar, staff where helpfull and the food in the restaurant was great (biggest creme brulee I've ever had !).

We only stayed one night and in our room you could hear the church bell on the hour every hour, but it was not a major problem.

We would definately stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sean

Thanks for the great review, I'm sorry about the church bells but very few customers hear them as much since we have had double glazing fitted. Long term we will ask if they can be turned off for the hours of 12 till 7am but I think the cost will be astronomical and the church has had its roof stolen three times so they definitely won't be able to afford it.

The next time you stay with us ask for the oddies room which might be slightly quieter.

Many thanks again for the great review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in the badger suite for one night and thought the room was amazing. It was clean, spacious and had a hot tub at the bottom of the bed! We ate dinner there and the food was lovely! Bar staff could have been a little more welcoming and friendly - they said they would be taking us to out seats but 30 minutes later we had to ask them if we could order as we were starving! Waiting on staff were lovely and very attentive. The one major issue we had was how hot the room was at night. It got that hot we had to wet towels with cold water and put them on ourselves!!! A fan or aircon is definitely needed. Nevertheless we would 100% visit in the winter again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Alicia

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We have only been open three years and this is our first summer where its been hot. We are looking into air conditioning in certain areas. The Badger suite I'm afraid to say is above the kitchens and the usual complaint is the noise of the kitchen extraction which you may of noticed we were having moved whilst you stayed. The summer has also brought to our attention how hot the kitchens become, over 40 degrees some days which was soul destroying for the chefs and horrendous for our fridges. As soon as the work on the fans is completed we will be looking at putting air conditioning in the kitchen to start with. This should hopefully also drop the temperature in the suite considerably.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay and look forward to seeing you in the winter, please make yourselves known to me or Layla so we can rehydrate you.

Many thanks

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nice hotel, stayed just one night due to a weeding nearby. On first impressions it is a beautiful building. Unfortunately we were not there long enough to taste the recommended food. However, I did stay in a comfy well decorated room (Bell Room), although comfy and welcoming I unfortunately got very little sleep. This was mainly due to the noise of people walking around (sounded like an elephant on floor boards) and talking for the whole of the night which appeared to come from a room above. This was also enhanced by the bell from the church next door chiming every hour on the hour. Although this would probably have not even been noticed if not for the fact I was kept awake by the loud noises from the above. I would like to revisit in the future however I would need to bring some ear plugs to ensure a better nights sleep. That is unless they invest in some sound proofing as this would enhance what would have been a really nice pleasant stay at a beautiful place. Angie x

Room Tip: Lovely room, just need ear plugs
1 Thank Angela O
Dear Angela

I'm very disappointed on hearing this and we are looking into why, the noise was unacceptable in my opinion. The church bells do stop at either 11pm or midnight, I can never remember. The noise from above is down to ourselves.

I would like to make this upto you on your next stay, please ask for David or Layla when you next book and we upgrade your room to the suite if its available. I'm very sorry this happened and I'm in the process of ensuring that this doesn't happen again.

Many thanks for your more than fair grading of hotel.

Winsford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have visited the Badger 4 times and the food on two occasions was very nice but on the other times the food was over cooked and small potions, and also the outside service is very slow, you have to go in and ask them to come and take your orders, we asked twice for them to come and take our sweet orders and after waiting a further 45 minutes decided to give up and leave.

I have also eaten at the Plough at Whitegate on many occasions and the food and staff are very good and I have never had any reason to complain or comment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jacqualyn1
Dear Jacquelyn

This is a hard one for me to reply to as we don't really offer table service in the outside areas at either pub. If we can, we do table service outside but like most pubs it becomes impossible to have staffing levels right when the sun comes out. Having staff on in case the sun comes out in this country would bankrupt any pub.

The portions in some cases are smaller than the Plough but if you read other diners comments for the Badger Inn on the trip advisor restaurant section some guests say the portions are to big. (Driver in Europe comments, week before your post).

Many thanks for your comments if you would like to discuss this further please ask for me the next time your in.

Devon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We generally enjoyed our stay at The Badger but noticed a few details that would have made it even better. We were in The Plough room but there was no full length mirror which would have been useful and although a couple of glasses were provided there was no water. Some bottles or a jug of water would have been appreciated, especially as the weather was very warm. Although we were staying two nights the room was only partially serviced after the first night, the bed wasn't made and the bathroom wasn't cleaned. But the bed was extremely comfortable.

At breakfast, although cereals were shown as being available on the menu, we were not offered them and had to ask what cereals they had. Similarly we had to ask for marmalade to go with the toast, although there was a dish of butter on the table. We would have expected a selection of preserves on the table. We

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Phil

Julie whom deals with the rooms and breakfast service was most upset when she read this, it was her day off, but Julie always says my rooms which generally sums up her passion for service levels. Since your stay if its Julie's day off we have put extra checks in place to try and ensure that this doesn't happen again.

I think your rating was more than fair and if you stay again please make yourself known to any front of house member and ask to speak to David so I can make this upto to you. I have already expressed my disappointment to the front of house member whom looked after you.

Many, many thanks for your more than kind review.

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Period building with all modern interior, very tastefully done. Bedroom, Solid wood furniture, simple, stylish, cosy and a comfy bed. Well stocked bar with REAL ale. I didn't have an evening meal but the menu was appealing. Porridge for breakfast though wished I had gone for the smoked haddock, spinach and poached egg. Highly rated, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Philip

Thank you for the review, it gave us all a lift and hopefully the next time your in this neck of the woods on business you'll get your smoked haddock breakfast. If I'm honest its worth the trip from Northamptonshire.

Many thanks again

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a friendly group of staff and what a fantastic night's sleep. My husband and I were in the Spinner room and we've never know such a comfy bed. Clean room, lovely bathroom, good food and beer. Everything you want and in a lovely setting.

Dear Jake

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thanks again

#4 of 5 in Nantwich
The Hunters Lodge
The Hunters Lodge
#4 of 9 in Crewe

Been to The Badger Inn? Share your experiences!