“Marvellous gastro pub located in a quintessential English village”
Review of The Unicorn

The Unicorn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cublington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours From December 4th 2016 - Monday - Thursday Midday - 3pm, 5pm - 11pm Friday 10.30am - 3pm, 5pm - Midnight Saturday 9.30am - Midnight Sunday Midday till 7pm Food is available from Monday - Friday Midday - till 2.30pm, 6:30-8:30pm (9pm Friday, Saturday) Breakfasts on Saturday from 9.30am till 11.00am Sunday from Midday till 3pm. Restaurant closed on Sunday evenings
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I have been lucky enough to eat at the Unicorn a number of times now. Great food that is attractively presented... this pub punches well above its weight - just look at the photos of the food that came to our table on our last visit to see what I mean.

The staff are sometimes doing the job of three people, running between the bar area (pulling pints for the locals), busy kitchen and restaurant (like Basil Fawlty). For some this maybe be negative, for me it is an endearing quality that lends charm & character sometimes missing in other local gastro pub restaurants - just be relaxed about it and you will have a wonderful time!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We called in on Tuesday between Christmas & New Year. It was just beginning to get a little busy but we were greeted with with a cheery hello & we were seated without fuss. They had specials on but we plumped for the food from the menu. My husband had the sprout & blue cheese tart, he said it was beautiful but wishes the sprouts had been halved or quartered rather than left whole. It was served with a garnish of salad leaves but actually it was just a lump of Rocket leaves. He was gutted as it's the one leaf he HATES! I'm not sure what happened as the person on the next table had the same & had a lovely selection of leaves! I had Roasted Tomato soup & it was gorgeous. He then had the Goulash which he loved. I had the Ham, Duck egg & chips which was great. Not huge portions which was nice. Service was very good & the staff were very helpful but they were rushed off their feet, really not enough staff on...to be fair, it might have thrown them being quite so busy but with food that good it was not surprising.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

We have visited twice recently - December & October. Each time we have enjoyed excellent food (mostly from the daily specials set menu) and very attentive service.
It took us a while to come back after a poor meal a couple of years ago but you have won us over again.
The mystery voucher for Jan/Feb was a nice touch. We expect to use it

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

This is a really pretty pub with a courtyard and lovely gardens. Our daughter and her husband held their IK wedding party there in September for family and friends.
The staff were absolutely charming. Vanessa gave really helpful advice in terms of preparation and on the day Chloe was an absolute gem, efficient and friendly , totally engaging.
The marquee was clean and fresh and essential on a wet day. The buffet was excellent and perfect for adults and children.

We all enjoyed a wonderful day and couldn't be more grateful to everyone at The Unicorn. Couldn't recommend more highly.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 6 December 2016

I have just held my 70th birthday party at The Unicorn with a lunchtime meal for 12. Beforehand I was able to discuss my menu requirements with Chris. Nothing was too much trouble. Meal was excellent, service was excellent and I had a memorable day. Thoroughly recommend going there and if possible book the special room at the back. You have to pay extra but it gives you total privacy and access to the garden if you have children in attendance.