“Yummy Sunday lunch”

The Unicorn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cublington
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours From December 4th 2016 - Monday - Thursday Midday - 3pm, 5pm - 11pm Friday 10.30am - 3pm, 5pm - Midnight Saturday 9.30am - Midnight Sunday Midday till 7pm Food is available from Monday - Friday Midday - till 2.30pm, 6:30-8:30pm (9pm Friday, Saturday) Breakfasts on Saturday from 9.30am till 11.00am Sunday from Midday till 3pm. Restaurant closed on Sunday evenings
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Recently turned pescatarian, I opted for fish cakes and haddock main. Absolutely yummy, and great there is a decent alternative option if you only eat fish meat! Lovely and warm inside, friendly and attentive staff.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Very friendly local country pub
Great staff good beer and lovely food! A real gem of an English country pub 5 star

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food and service. The mussels were the best I've ever had (I've had loads) and the pork belly main was gorgeous. Looking forward to going back.

1  Thank JenWhitchurch
Reviewed 6 February 2017

I have been lucky enough to eat at the Unicorn a number of times now. Great food that is attractively presented... this pub punches well above its weight - just look at the photos of the food that came to our table on our last visit to see what I mean.

The staff are sometimes doing the job of three people, running between the bar area (pulling pints for the locals), busy kitchen and restaurant (like Basil Fawlty). For some this maybe be negative, for me it is an endearing quality that lends charm & character sometimes missing in other local gastro pub restaurants - just be relaxed about it and you will have a wonderful time!

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We called in on Tuesday between Christmas & New Year. It was just beginning to get a little busy but we were greeted with with a cheery hello & we were seated without fuss. They had specials on but we plumped for the food from the menu. My husband had the sprout & blue cheese tart, he said it was beautiful but wishes the sprouts had been halved or quartered rather than left whole. It was served with a garnish of salad leaves but actually it was just a lump of Rocket leaves. He was gutted as it's the one leaf he HATES! I'm not sure what happened as the person on the next table had the same & had a lovely selection of leaves! I had Roasted Tomato soup & it was gorgeous. He then had the Goulash which he loved. I had the Ham, Duck egg & chips which was great. Not huge portions which was nice. Service was very good & the staff were very helpful but they were rushed off their feet, really not enough staff on...to be fair, it might have thrown them being quite so busy but with food that good it was not surprising.

Date of visit: December 2016