Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
US$127
US$118
US$154
US$139
My Place Hotel - Kansas City / Independence, MO(Independence)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$98
Comfort Inn(Grain Valley)
US$80
ComfortInn
TripAdvisor
Welcome Inn(Blue Springs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot dogsfree drinksnachoshappy hourbaked potatoexcellent hoteladult beveragesevening receptionhighway sideevening foodearly eveningbusy weekendeggsa great place to staychilliwalk in showerkansas city
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We found the facility to be very clean, staff very pleasant and helpful. The elevator was truly one of the fastest I have ever seen. Plus, the hot breakfast in the morning and food at night was great. Not to mention the drinks from the bar which was all included in the price of a room. Nice. We loved it.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor, no noise and very private.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is well kept and well decorated. Staff has a wonderful demeanor making you feel at home. The hot breakfast buffet was a welcome surprise as were the light meal and drinks in the evening. Got to meet some interesting people and have a nice chat. Rooms are spacious and very clean with micro, fridge and coffee maker, comfortable bed,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for a convention and never had to eat out. The kickback menu was good. Not fancy but with kids its a big help. chicken tenders were good. Also we received 3 free alcoholic drinks from 530 to 7. Bed was very comfortable. Rooms are up to date. The only think I wish I knew ahead of time was that there are no bathtubs in the rooms. Not really an issue but I have a one year old that got her first shower that week! The last thing but not the least was the staff. They were awesome. Probably the best hotel I have stayed at, all in all, and i've stayed in a lot. Love Drury inn!

Room Tip: All rooms I saw were pretty much the same. Stayed on 7th floor. it was quiet. No bath tubs in the room just stand up shower. Which was nice. Just had to give my one year old her first shower. Bed very comfortable.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We just completed a very nice stay here for 4 nights. Having never heard of Drury Inns I had no idea what to expect and was a bit on the nervous side. It turns out my fears were entirely unfounded. The stay was excellent with my only 2 minor complaints being that I would have preferred a pillowtop/upgraded mattress and that we could hear the highway from our room on the 7th floor. It seems that maybe upgraded windows on the highway side would mitigate the sound from the highway or staying in an even numbered room would also help if you are a light sleeper.

Here are the good things that you'll find if you stay at this property:
Bright airy rooms
Exceptionally clean throughout
Roomy bathrooms
Flat panel tv's
Pleasant indoor/outdoor pool and medium sized hot tub
Nice exercise area includes free weights, 2 treadmill, 2 eliptical, 1 exercise bike
Excellent free breakfast (same thing daily: Waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuit, toast, sausage patty, gravy, cerel, oatmeal, whole fruits, breakfast potatoes, bagles, donuts, muffins, good coffee, apple/orange juice, yogurt and more.)
Free mini-dinner Kickback - Rotation of 3 different options Hot dogs, baked potato, nachos, salad, chili, beer, wine, cocktails and softdrinks nightly, mac and cheese 2 nights, 3rd night includes chiken fingers, 1st night includes meatballs and penne, 2nd night didn't seem to offer a special.

While all of these things are great what really shined about this property were the people. They all seemed so happy and helpful. They actually seemed glad to be at their jobs and helping us. While we were there there was a large group and my guess is they were at capacity. In spite of all the extra traffic and work this created they were still beaming with smiles and a spring in their step. I'm not joking when I say this place should be a training hub for the hospitality industry. I will be back and I will look for Drury properties in the future.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms do not face the highway = quiet night
1  Thank nahdogg
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'm a little surprised by all the rave reviews about this property. We didn't have any particular problems, but it wasn't anything special. Here's a breakdown of what we liked and what we didn't:

Pros: Free breakfast and free "kick-back" in the evening with 3 alcoholic drinks per adult and heavy appetizers, such as hot dogs, chicken strips, nachos, etc. The room was clean. The hotel was easy to find and convenient to many locations in the southern/eastern KC area. The rooms were sound-proofed and I never heard anyone in the hallway or the tv in adjacent rooms.

Cons: The hotel seems to cater to a lot of kid sports teams. While they were generally well-behaved, it made the pool VERY crowded. The staff seems a little gruff at times. A boy was bouncing a basketball on the way to the door, and while he shouldn't have been doing that, a front desk clerk confiscated it from him telling him he could have it back later. The beds were on the soft side, and seemed smaller than the queen size advertised on the website. I liked the idea of the 'green' shampoo, conditioner and body wash in refillable containers attached to the shower, but I didn't care for the quality of the products. Lastly, you could hear other flushing and other people talking when you were in the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family