“A Great Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Blue Springs
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Stayed at the La Quinta for one night. Traveling with 2 kids and 1 dog. Was driving through MO and s the saw hotel from Interstate. We stopped to see if they had any rooms available. I did know that pets stay free at all La Quanta’s. They did have availability. Got a double room on first floor. Room was perfect! The hotel/room is new, clean, comfortable and quiet. The room comes equipped with cable on a flat screen TV, high speed internet, small fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Beds were comfortable. Room was quiet. Did not hear our neighbors. They offer complimentary breakfast. They do not have a pool yet. Check in/out was fast and easy. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE LA QUINTA BLUE SPRINGS TO EVERYONE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
mother84, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2011

Dear Mborders,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about our Hotel and what a superb review! It is so important for us to know that our guests have had a wonderful experience, have been treated with the utmost respect and have a welcoming, comfortable stay with us.
We do hope that you come back to see us soon and we do now have our swimming pool that will open in May.

Do come and stay with us again soon and please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay a better experience.

Director of Sales
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs / Kansas City Mo.

Reviewed 28 April 2010

Stayed two nights. Hotel was clean, neat, and nicely decorated. Excellent location just off I-70. Large LCD TV in room was great and easy to work. Breakfast was just average.

The staff was excellent. The desk clerk spent nearly an hour on the phone trying to straighten out a problem with Expedia.com for me. The manager was very pleasant.

The only negative was the bright light in the hall shined in around the door of the room.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo

Dear Lostfrodo,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about our Hotel and do also appreciate that you recognized & commented on the courteous staff here at LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Blue Springs, Mo. We do have a wonderful staff who are friendly, courteous, fun and inviting.
Our Hotel Manager possesses and reflects one of the most important attributes one must possess, in order to make guests feel welcome and that is "quality"
His priority is to see to it that each of his employees and Hotel representatives, provide quality service to the guests here at LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Blue Springs / Kansas City, Mo.
We will research the light from the hall and will address the issue.

Thank you again for your review and please contact me if there is anything that I can do for you, while you are here with us in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2010

We enjoyed very much and will stay again in the furthure

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Fsnider,

Thank you for your review and post. We are certainly pleased to read that your stay with LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Blue Springs, Mo. was a good experience for you and that you do plan on staying with us again. It is always so nice to know that our guests were pleased and look forward to staying with us again.

We too look forward to your return and please let me know if you need anything during your next stay with us here at LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Blue Spring Mo.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

We've stayed here before on our way back from winter vacations in the south and I knew that without earplugs I'd lay there listening to the semis roaring by all night. It's on HWY# 70 which is very busy!

We had a very small, and pretty tired looking room. But our dogs were welcomed and that's why we choose this hotel chain when we can. When I booked, I was told all they had left was one king, with a micro and fridge (which we never use) but the parking lot was pretty empty. Not sure what that was all about.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
mother84, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

Dear Travelbug356,

Thank you for posting your review in regards to your stay at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, Mo.
We are happy to read that you appreciate the fact that we do welcome your animals at no charge, however we are very sorry to read the problems that you have reported.
Please let me make a suggestion, in hopes that you do stay with us again and have a more enjoyable, comfortable stay.
The Hotel does sit next to I-70 Hwy. and the highway runs east and west, with the south side closest to the highway. This has been the first time for me to read an issue with the highway noise factor, but I feel that this can easily be corrected for someone who feels it to be too noisy to sleep. The last thing that we would want is for our guests to be unable to rest peacefully and comfortably.
My suggestion would be to call us in advance, once you know that you are coming our way and reserve a room on the "North" side of the Hotel. Make sure that your concern is known by our front desk staff and we will make great effort to make your stay a more enjoyable one, in the future.
Thank you for choosing LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Blue Springs, Mo. as one of your choice Hotels to visit and please let me know if there is anything that I can further assist you with, to make your stay a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed 28 November 2009

Check in was less than 5 minutes. Free internet access in the room and they have 2 computer terminals with a printer which was good. morning breakfest was alright. Free newspaper too.

Now to the bad stuff. The staff at this hotel are brain dead and somewhat like zombies. They hide out in a little office and probably play video games and watch tv. Unless they see you come in you will be waiting a while. The frig wasnt working so we had to go to the front desk to get one in the morning. We came home to the hotel that night and it wasnt switched out. Then, after a great verbal tirade the zombie came up and switched it out. Oh and if you leave for the day later than they like they dont clean up the room. Then the day of our leaving the key stopped working at 10 when check out was 11.
The workout room was the size of closet and half of the machines didnt work.
Overall it was alright. Would we stay there again? We shall see.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Canyoufeelit

Dear Canyoufeelit,

Thank you for your honest review and post. Of course we are always concerned when our guests do not have an enjoyable stay, however I do see that your stay was in 2009.
I strongly suggest that you visit us again and experience how our Hotel and how your stay should be. Many bugs have been worked out and with us being a 2 year young Hotel, we strive to always improve in areas that are less than 100%.
We desire that our guests walk away totally satisfied with their stay.

We do hope that you will visit us again soon, enjoy our beautiful Hotel and all of the comforts that we offer our guests, while staying at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites in Blue Springs, Mo.
Your experience should always be a wonderful one.
Please let me know if I can assist you in anyway during your next stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2009

the hotel was easy to find, right off the interstate and close to the baseball stadium, Breakfast bar was excellent. Hotel was quiet and staff were the best. We would stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Dear traveltime Tn,

Thank you so much for your uplifting review and post! We are always extremely happy to see that we have reached our goal of satisfaction with and for our guests.
We do appreciate all reviews, whether good or bad, in order for us to improve in any area that may need attention or change, but to read a wonderful review as this one, tells us that we are doing things right for our guests.

We look forward to your next visit and please let me know if I can assist you in anything, during your next stay here with us at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs / Kansas City. Mo.

Reviewed 26 February 2009

I arrived about 7:30PM to an unattended desk, I waited for 10 minutes until the night clerk decided to come out from wherever he was.

My room was like the rest of the hotel, brand-new and spotless. The plasma TV only had 5-6 channels and when I turned it on, the volume was all the way up!

The wireless internet worked well.

Windows did a poor job of insulating the I-70 traffic.

Bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was sparse, at best, other guests had to go to the front desk and ask for more food.

I guess I'll probably stay there again. Hope they get the bugs worked out.

1  Thank cusingeorge

Dear Cusingeorge,

Thank you for posting this review and for your honesty in regards to your stay. I do however see that your stay was in 2009 and we have worked out many of the bugs & issues that would cause such a review.
We do hope that you will consider staying with us again, in order for you to experience a wonderful Hotel stay, as this is exactly what our goal is for our guests.
We pride ourselves on cleanliness, comfort, friendliness, many extras and a "home" feel.
Our breakfast bar now offers:

Bacon
Hot Cocoa
Orange Juice
Coffee
Hot tea

We always have plenty of complimentary breakfast foods hot / cold, ready and available for our guests, in order for them to start their day and "Wake Up On The Bright Side" :)

Please visit again soon and if there is anything that I can do to assist you while you are our guest, please let me know. All of my contact information is below and I am happy to assist.

fax:816-988-9980

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Grain Valley

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs? Share your experiences!