“Comfortable and Clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Blue Springs
Adrian, Missouri
“Comfortable and Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Quality Inn in Blue Springs, MO has recently been updated and it shows. Everything was clean and neat. Our room was on the 2nd floor on the end away from the elevator and it was very quiet. It was spacious enough for my family of 4. The beds were very comfortable. I liked having 2 sinks & vanities w/mirrors in the room, one in a little alcove outside the bathroom and one inside. It was very handy with 4 people trying to get ready in the mornig. I know some folks have complained about the non-smoking rooms smelling of smoke, but our room was a non-smoking room and actually smelled clean. If it had ever been used for a smoking room, there wasn't any sign or smell left-over. The pool and hot tub were ok. The pool was too chilly for my taste, but the kids had fun. The hot tub was a good size and the water was a good temperature but the jets were weak. Still worth sitting and soaking in the hot water to loosen those travel-tired muscles. Breakfast was good and consisted of biscuits & gravy, sausage, egg patties, waffles, cereal, yogurt and donuts. Apple & orange juice, coffee, and milk for drinks. Seating was very limited and there is a sign up asking you to not take the food to your room to eat. I'm not sure where they'd add more seating, and I understand their desire for people to not take the breakfast food to their room, but standing and eating is not an option. The desk clerk at check-in was very efficient and polite, as was the gentleman who checked us out. Over all, we would stay at this hotel again when in the Blue Springs area.

Room Tip: The Denny's in the parking lot by the hotel has just so-so food. It was hot and fairly quick, b...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Stilson, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed as family for 4 nights while in MO for our daughters wedding. Staff was friendly, room was clean for the most part.
We had smoking room and always expect a smell so come with air freshener anyways...this was a little beyond normal smell. I have stayed long term in Quality when dad was sick so knew how to check air filter in A/C and it was NASTY, glad I could clean it.
Went swimming as family and another child threw up in the pool....never got cleaned, they have no net to get stuff out with I was told. Days later there were still chunks floating in pool which was beyond gross.
A friend came up too and stayed in room across hall...she couldn't sleep either night because of people in parking lot being loud. Asked staff about it and was told...well they will be out there short time but all they did was send children up to room while adults partied on until after 1am.
Paid for 1 night for our youngest daughter and no complaints there...yay!
Guess my expectations are a little too high when I'm paying for a room? This is not a cheap place to stay, I understand it is far from high market but for right at $85 a night I expect more than what I could get for $50 a night. There was a bug in the bathroom one day, I didn't complain...just killed the bug. Water in tub very hard to get adjusted to decent temp for my son...had to keep messing with it.
Breakfast was nice and well stocked and housekeeping staff very un intrusive (if you have do not disturb sign up). Those are the 2 nicest things I can say and that is a little sad. Oh well...lesson learned. Do not pre-pay for place you've never stayed at before because you're stuck there with no other options!

Room Tip: Choose room away from parking if you can...never know when people may decide to party in parking lot...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Blue Springs hotels

Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed here with my daughter's softball team. We had great rate and were pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were for the price. It's not a Marriott or a Hilton, but it was very clean and the beds were comfortable. It was also quiet. The breakfast was standard breakfast continental type. A little more selection would have been nice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We travel to Blue Springs often, and usually stay at another hotel nearby this one. It was booked that weekend, so we decided to try this one.Very courteous greeting upon arrival late that night. When we checked into our King room we were pleasantly surprised to find it recently updated. New carpets, fabrics and wall treatments. The pictures I looked at online were old photos...so to arrive and see it updated was a plus! I was so happy that the other hotel was booked, and we were able to experience the Quality Inn! Each morning we were a little late getting to breakfast, so the choices were limited. We always received a nice greeting from the staff/manager upon our arrival/departures over the weekend! We will no be staying at the Quality Inn on our next visit. (Honestly, I'd like to tell people it was terrible...so that availability would be there for us when we need to book again!)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LongIslandIowa
Saint Cloud
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 4 or 5 times as we have family in the Blue Springs area. I felt since the hotel remodeled I should review it once again. This is the only Choice Hotel at any price point that has ever greeted us as Choice Privilege members and we have stay in everything from Rodeway Inn to Cambria Suites. This hotel has recently remodeled, and it looks very nice. New flat screen tvs in the rooms, Breakfast area and lobby remodeled. Pool area was freshly painted. As usual our stay was quite nice and the staff and accommodations were great. However a couple of minor details should be fixed. No TV line up in the room, our window screen was torn. No info about the area or hotel services in the room. But other than those minor things our stay as in the past was quite nice. The location right off the freeway is great, the breakfast items were well stocked. Close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tjeastound
Bentonville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

The price is right, but needs a few improvements to get a better rating. The lobby and rooms look to have been updated recently. Great choice of colors and patterns. The door lock was pretty cool -just wave the blank white card over the door mechanism and it opens like magic! The lobby/breakfast area had nicely designed tables and chairs. Beds were comfy. Well located close to highway, restaurants, stores, gas stations, etc.
Items that need improvement: No "Do not Disturb" hanger for the door in the room. Twice housekeeping came in the room and took my sheets while I was eating breakfast. This was my fault for not asking for one after the first day. Hot breakfast items need some upgrade. The egg discs got rubbery in the warming table - the scrambled version is much better. The biscuits were pretty good and the sausage gravy was not close to Grandma's, but not bad. No milk out on the counter on third day - the manager was busy on the computer but brought out a gallon jug of milk on ice when asked. The internet connection wouldn't work with my iPhone and iPad. The night desk clerk explained how to get access via Yahoo. The microwave in the room didn't work either. I only needed it one night and I used the one in the lobby. She was very friendly and helpful. I might stay here on my next trip to this area...just to see if they have made changes.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Independence
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in Grain Valley

Been to Quality Inn Blue Springs? Share your experiences!