“They turn off the AC at night!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Kansas City/Blue Springs
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Blue Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gulf Shores, AL
“They turn off the AC at night!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Check-in was quick, efficient, and professional. The bed was the usual Hampton excellent and the breakfast was very good.

The problem is the AC. It's on a motion detector. During the night, it cuts off if there is no motion. I went to sleep all cozy and woke up sweating. I got up and moved around. It came back on only to happen again. It was a miserable night.

This is the second time I've run into a Hampton like this. I have started staying elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike C
ariescb67, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/Blue Springs, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will have maintenance follow up with the condition of that a/c but we do not turn them off at night. We do not have a system setup that allows us access to an a/c in a room. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stopped in for a one-night stay on a long drive from Colorado to the east coast. My room was ready and the staff was super friendly. Loved that I could get from the Royals game to my room in under 30 minutes. Very clean and well-furnished rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Aurora CO, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

No meat on breakfast buffet. Carbs and fruit only. Rest of the hotel magnificent. Very easy access from I-70, on east side of Kansas City so if you are going easy you miss all the morning traffic. I really liked that all of the bedding is washed daily.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Warren, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Arrived a day earlier than reservation, no problem. Room was clean and comfortable. Was nice to have coffee available in Lobby at all times. Cookies in the afternoon was a nice touch. Used the pool and hot tub; not new but was clean. Hotel is in a great location, close to shopping and restuarants

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Amarillo, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Not advised to stay here unless you are a smoker and plan to take your pets. Hallways reeked of cigarette smoke. Large animals common. Did not have breakfast at the hotel so cannot comment on that. Staff was friendly and check-in and out was very good and fast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

ariescb67, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/Blue Springs, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
We’re sorry that we didn’t provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and thin walls. Your comments will help us correct these issues. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.
Dublin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am a huge fan of the Hilton Brand but this stay made me reevaluate that decision. This hotel reminded me of a washed-up Hollywood actress trying to make a come-back in order to buy more heroin. The employees were friendly enough and good at trying their best to help but the overall feeling of this property was just sad.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad that our staff was able to provide you with excellent customer service, and we apologize the hotel wasn't to your liking. As we consider refreshing options we will keep comments like yours in mind. Instead of the analogy that you used to describe our hotel I would have a better understanding of exactly what the problems you feel are with the hotel if you would have listed such problems. I appreciate feedback that i can utilize to better our property.
Fort Smith, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The General Manager (my first contact person) and the entire front-desk team were without exception the most congenial and helpful staff I have experienced. No, I am not related - had never before met any of these persons! I'd say the team ranks among the very highest in the entire chain.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

#6 of 10 in Blue Springs
Comfort Suites Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
#3 of 18 in Independence

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City/Blue Springs? Share your experiences!