“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Blue Springs
Raytown, Missouri
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

My review is from October 18-21 2012 weekend wedding stay. I live 25 miles from this hotel & chose it for my family out of town guests. I also stayed in a king room to be near all of them.. This hotel has excellent staff & accomodations. There is a pool & work out room that were not in use but appeared to be very clean. I found the staff from the beginning to be exceptional & would give them a 5 star rating all around! There were no mints on my pillows or fancy folded towels but felt very upscale in its staff & cleanliness. The bed in my room was probably the best I've slept in. Would love to know what they are! Sometimes at hotels there are water issues in the a.m.....not here. Had full strength water pressure & as hot as I wanted! Not sure about the other reviews about trucker references, as that location is the next one east of the hotel! Don't let the other references fool ya. This is right behind the new shopping area & golf course. Right off of I 70 & Adams Dairy Pkwy...no noise. This is a great hotel!!!! Will stay there again!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
AVON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I found this as a very friendly and happy place. We had a warm reception on checking in, the first housekeeping lady that was sweeping looked up, shut off her machine and greeted us, our room attendant that was on our floor welcomed us, and that was on the first day.
The food service had a good assortment and the waitress "Rebecca" was a delight.
The room was very well served and the bed was great. Personally we sleep on a "Air" bed but the mattress was very good.The most striking thing though was that ALL the staff were so courteous and friendly.
This review is for October 2012. I have just reviewed other "recent reviews" and I can only agree with the "short sink counter" it is way too small. We, as a wedding group, occupied 12 rooms ,of all different types, but only on floors 3 & 4. Did not look at the pool . There is a Conference center here and meeting rooms that were used every day by youth groups and a softball league, this time.
This Motel is located next to a shopping center to the west and an Economic center to the east so I see no "trucker" gathering place.

Room Tip: North side rooms, if you open the window, are noisy, closed with air ...no problem. All rooms do no...
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Pretty non-descript...Nothing about this hotel would make you say, "wow, nice touch". No one goes the extra mile and nothing really is above well...average. Yes, a bit dated but clean. I didn't like the bathroom layout - very short sink counter outside bath/toilet room so really no way to get up early and not wake everyone else up when getting ready. With our family, we usually have to utilize the sofabed wherever we go. The sofabed here was the worst, HORRIBLE. Guest room service was so nice. Pool was extremely uninviting, though probably clean, the bottom surface was very 'mottled'-needs some serious work - kids wanted no part of it. Breakfast not real convenient but good and accessible coffee bar.

Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here recently and found the property to be lacking. I arrived late, and was greeted at the door by a group of 'older' men standing around smoking. I was given my room on my profile on the first floor. The room was ok, a bit old but ok. In the morning was a shocker. As a platinum member, I was given a free breakfast. When I arrived at the breakfast area, the woman working it told me I would have a "30 minute wait" to eat. I have 100's of hotel nights in the last several years, and I have never been told I have a wait for a hotel breakfast. Here is the warning: This property is next door to some sort of trucker organization, and when they have meetings the hotel is full. Instead of a business hotel where you eat, and then get out, these guys (some with wives), were sitting around like it was a Cracker Barrel! I went and grabbed what I could, and took it back to my room. This hotel is in a very convenient location, but be wary if it is trucker meeting week! Overall, nothing worthy stood out for this property.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side, away from I-70. If it is trucker meeting time, be prepared for a loud...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I am writing this review before I even check out..... to let you know that this is not your "typical" Courtyard by Marriott. It is a franchise, NOT managed by Marriott and the low standards of the rooms show. The first indication is a sign posted informing you of this on the wall at the front check-in desk. Certainly wish that was clear on the website and I would have booked elsewhere. So disappointed with my stay as the rooms are outdated certainly more like a Super 8 quality (not that I have ever stayed in one) than a nice Marriott. The hotel is outdated from the musty old air conditioning wall unit and the nastiest 70's striped carpet I would never step barefoot on. After check in and seeing the room condition, we approached front desk to inquire if they could move us to a nicer, updated, Marriott standard room, and they responded that this is the condition of the entire hotel. It was close to midnight when we arrived so had little choice but to stay.

The bed was comfortable and our room had a flat screen tv, Paul Mitchell bath products, a mini coffee pot with Barista coffee packets were supplied. Rooms had balconies or first floor patios so at least we could open a window for fresh air. They have a nice landscaped courtyard area with gazebo, however, the room condition tainted any warm and inviting feel to the hotel. Opted not to take a swim in the small indoor pool or whirlpool as it was uninviting and both needed repair and a fresh coat of paint. (Sigh....)

Room Tip: First floor rooms have sliding patio doors if you face the courtyard, other floors have balconies.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We needed to be in Blue Springs for a small family get together, and this was very convenient for us. The motel itself was nice and ALL the employees were very friendly and helpful. Our room rate did not include breakfast and we knew that ahead of time. The room itself (#438) was clean as were all the areas that we have seen. The property is a nonsmoking facility which is great. Parking was no problem. Room was ready well before normal checkin. Front desk personnel were professional and courteous. Now the bad. There was a smell of mold or mildew coming from the A/C unit. Very pronounced to my nose. We reported it and were given the oppertunity to change rooms. Went into the new room and it was worse. We decided to stay with the first room and they sent up maintanence to "fix" it. This consisted of spraying the inside grill with a lysol type of product. We left the room for a while but upon return the smell was diminished but still there. Being the Labor Day weekend we decided to stay because of all the other good attributes. Figuring trying to get other accomadations would be difficult to obtain. I think they need to steam clean all the A/C units to refresh them. Other than that we were satisfied with the stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are nonsmoking
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cpldutch
Venice, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Made reservations a month prior to arrival and was stuck in a room adjacent to the elevator. Not sure how but the elevator counterweight made enough noise to disturb sleep. I would not have guessed it was the elevator that made the noise but according to the desk it was a known issue. I asked to have us moved but there were no rooms available. Stay away from room 223!

What made it worse was the bedding. King mattress was NOT a pillowtop and we both agreed we should have slept on the floor. The pillows were as bad as the bed so if you have to stay here bring your own pillows.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hondasb, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
I would like to apologize for your past experience at our hotel. Since receiving your comments we have made our maintenance department aware of the noise situation to see what we can do to eliminate this problem. I would be very frustrated myself if there was a noise keeping me up. Unfortunately we were sold out that night and did not have another room to move you to. Regarding the issue with the pillows we have ordered new ones and they are now in the rooms. Thank you for your comments so that we are able to address the issues and fix them to the best of our abilities. I hope you choose to give us another try in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blue Springs
#1 of 2 in Grain Valley
Comfort Suites Independence
Comfort Suites Independence
#4 of 18 in Independence

Been to Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs? Share your experiences!