Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Inn(Grain Valley)
Welcome Inn(Blue Springs)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmarriott hotelskansas citynice hotelfriendly facesbusiness travelsink arealove seatupdated decorweekend stayindoor poolshopping and restaurantslong triproom was cleanchoose this hotelenjoyable staygreat place to staymini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

There was nothing terribly wrong with this hotel, it was clean, they served breakfast, they had a courtyard. All the indicators of a "Courtyard" hotel, but almost not worth writing about. The desk clerks weren't friendly, they weren't rude but they weren't friendly.
When I arrived I let the desk person know I was a Gold Elite member and asked if they did anything special (as some hotel chains in the Marriott family do little things for Gold Members water upon arrival, offer a points for buying a meal from their in house bistro, etc) and what I got was "No we don't do anything if your Gold" very matter of fact. Not rude, just not friendly.
After getting out of the gym, my key didn't work for my room, when I went to the desk to make sure I was in room 410 (because I had just got in and went straight to the gym I honestly thought I may have had the wrong room) she verified my room and then said "Was the key by a cell phone?" I said "Yes, in my pocket, while I was working out" she replied, "That'll happen" once again, not rude, just not at all friendly.
My meal in the morning took exceptionally long to get as I was trying to run out the door in the morning. They didn't move with a purpose, it was very slow. Not rude, but not friendly.
The gym was quite small, I asked if they had gym passes to a nearby local gym (as is pretty common in my business travels) the desk girl said "Nope, all we've got it our gym" Not rude, just not friendly. Hope this helps gives you an reasonable expectation of this Courtyard.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike W
Bill E, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your comments. It is a great reminder that each guest interaction needs to be treated as a fresh experience. We have a great group of people working for the hotel that genuinely care about service. We need to guard against becoming "routine". Thanks for the reminder and some material for the bulletin board!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very nice hotel outside of the KC area. Everything we wanted to get to was within about a 20 min drive. The pool was very nice and we had it mostly to ourselves the entire weekend we were there. Staff was great. The on site restaurant was very good. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The workout facilities were on par with a typical hotel gym but it was very clean and mostly empty the entire stay. We did experience severe whether while we were there and the staff was very nice and understood we were not from the area and showed us where to look on the whether map. Enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I recently participated in a multi-day conference at this hotel. The conference support was top-notch, and the hospitality was fantastic. I really felt like a welcomed guest. Requests for housekeeping items were answered promptly and with choices as to which item would best meet my needs. I was accidentally booked into the wrong type of room and when they moved me, they remembered my preference for room location and gave me a similarly-located room. The food was great too, and we really enjoyed the meals. I'm glad we'll be back at this Marriott next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Yes, the rooms here are cheaper because breakfast is not included. And, yes, they do have a cafe across from the front desk, but the prices make the choice a wash. So we have to factor in the room itself, which was kind of average. Actually, there were no coffee cups in the room. I'm sure they would have been supplied upon request. No micro either.

The counter in the bathroom is very small. The beds were very hard, as were the pillows.

It was, at best, an average hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shea1114
Bill E, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City East/Blue Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are grateful for your feedback. We appreciate you business with us, and of course we hope that you will consider our brand again in the future.
Best Regards, Bill

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Since switching my loyalty program from Hilton to Marriott, this is my favorite Courtyard to date. Came out to spend Memorial Day weekend with my family, but still needed some down, quiet time to myself. This Courtyard provided that. I would give it 5 stars, but I did notice some dirt and stains on walls of room and bathroom.

Room Tip: Away from loud, crowded lobby
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo