“Nice pub/restaurant in a relatively small village”
Review of New Inn

New Inn
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Under new management. We provide a wide range of dishes and offers throughout the week all food is prepared and cooked on site.
Reviewed 21 April 2017

My wife and I were experiencing the short heritage Lincolnshire Wolds Steam Railway journey between Ludborough and North Thoresby on Easter Monday. The New Inn is quite close to the North Thoresby railway station, we have been here before but only for a drink or bar snack, this time we had a table in the very nice and fair sized restaurant. The food and drinks we ordered were very good, competitively priced and were served by very polite waitresses. After the meal we went for a short walk into the village and back just in time to get our train back to Ludborough. Being members of The Lincolnshire Wolds Railway we will be making this journey again and will be visiting the New Inn.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Arranged a family meal for my sisters birthday with various family members - 13 in total. I had pre-booked the table, and they were more than happy for me to go in beforehand and decorate the table with balloons etc.
The food was absolutely delicious, we had to wait for a while for it to be served, but it was very busy, and clearly cooked from fresh, so a wait is to be expected.
I couldn't fault it at all, staff were lovely and pleasant, and nothing was too much trouble. Everyone in the group was very happy with everything. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Lovely food waitresses​ polite and helpful sadly not many people eating on the day we visited so did lack a little atmosphere

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We went for a birthday meal as it had been recommended to us. If the review was just on the food I would probably be giving a four out of five as the food was very good. The service was another story!!! We were not asked what we would like with our meal ie chips or potatoes, salad or vegetables, somebody had to come back and ask. When the meals came we had to ask for some sauces, the steak knife wouldn't cut hot butter and throughout the meal nobody came over to ask if everything was alright. There was no atmosphere and the decor was awful, looked like it had not been touched for ten years.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

We visited here with a group of 11 in total (family catch up) We live in Dorset so visiting family who live in North Thoresby. Booked ahead as such a large group! Arrived to an empty dining room with zero atmosphere, music in the background when we arrived but soon stopped and then it was just so quiet. While we were there there were only 2 other tables of 2 people so very quiet especially for a Saturday evening!
It took an hour to place an order and then when the food arrived it was all wrong. We had steak that had to be sent back as under cooked (asked for well done and came out pink throughout) Meals were missing salads/ peas and all just a bit of a shambles. We had to ask for sauces twice and then we were given tiny little pots that would only serve one plate.. not ideal when 11 people are wanting the same!! The young waitress was very unenthusiastic and we had to keep asking for drinks, steak knives, sauces etc. There was no checking if everything was ok, asking if she could get us anything. She was stood behind the counter looking extremely bored and fed up and we just felt like an inconvenience.
A small number of our group ordered puddings which again arrived with the wrong sides (custard/ice cream etc) We had to wait for 10 minutes after puddings arrived for spoons even after asking!! My 5 year old son asked for a chocolate sponge pudding that came out tasting of alcohol. I asked the waitress if she could ask for the ingredients as 4 of us all tasted it and agreed it had an alcoholic flavour only to be sneered at and told no it didn't. Needless to say he didn't eat it! The only good thing about the whole evening was the company of the family I'm afraid. The family members that live in the village have said they would never return and I think that sums it up!
Decor shabby, toilets filthy and wallpaper peeling off the doors... the worst thing for us was the service. Such a shame!! I would give this place a zero if I could. Avoid avoid avoid!!

4  Thank Mumofgeorge