“Found this restaurant in the visitors book”

The Cross Keys Restaurant Stow
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Under New Ownership from 16th May 2016. Situated next to Stow Minster in the small village of Stow The Cross Keys offers a range of freshly prepared and locally sourced (wherever possible) food to tempt any taste buds. Our newly refurbished bar and lounge areas offer a welcoming and friendly atmosphere to dine or have a drink in. Hayley, Dan, Lindsey and Tony look forward to welcoming you. Bookings are advisable Vegetarians catered for Children welcome All dietary needs catered for (please advise when booking)
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A second review in our visitors book gave us another enjoyable evening.
Welcoming staff, great ales and lovely food served at a reasonable price.
Choice of eating at the bar or in the restaurant but I don't think the quality of food would alter one bit. If you are looking for a place to eat, it's a thumbs up from me.

1  Thank pauljackson71

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Used to be really good, Not been for some time and disappointed. Went for blackboard list - starters ok but overpriced and "classics" (all circa £10) for mains thinking they would have better turnover/be fresher. The chefs homemade lasagne was overcooked dry and tasteless - so only partly eaten. On being told the only comment was "sorry I will tell the chef" - no offer to adjust price/put right in any way. Other mains no more than average. Didn't then bother with sweets but went straight to coffee!! Could not recommend and it will certainly be a long time before our next visit.

3  Thank eatingout882
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Four of us had a meal, The starters were not great for the price and would advise to go straight for a main from the board.
With the main I would say two of us were pleased with our selection but the other two were left wishing they had chosen a different dish. On the down side the fish batter was not crisp and a slime on the inside that had a flower taste, it was thick and the fish didn't look like cod. The gammon came with either pineapple or eggs with a side of chips and didn't look great either, however my wife and I had no complaints with our main selection.
The pub has a goog feel about it but I do not think I will be rushing back for a meal.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Having heard from several people this was a lovely pub that serves fantastic food we decided to give it a try, we are local to the area and looked forward to finding a pub we could stroll to in summer and enjoy a meal.
The pub is warm and welcoming as you enter with a lovely roaring fire, seating and tables are a little worn and dated but this works with the overall feel.
I myself started with a twice baked cheese soufflé, which I found delicious and with the marmalade worked very well however I found the price was extortionate for a starter.
Main meals were to be fair nothing more than average along with the roast potatoes tasting dry and nothing more than Christmas left overs reheated, the vegetable and new potatoes were not cooked through and quite hard, very disappointed with meals after hearing such good reviews.

Staff however where courteous, friendly and helpful and apologised for the meal, had we of complained beforehand they would have dealt with this.

Nice place, average food but overpriced for the quality.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We went for a celebratory meal for my partner and my friends partners birthday. The menu choice was excellent the food was hot fresh and perfectly cooked to our request and the staff were professional and attentive. Highly recommended