“Really impressed”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Went on the off chance on a busy Friday night...really couldn't fault the service or the food. Staff were very attentive, efficient and friendly. will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Excellent food, good service and very friendly staff. Sunday lunch is really good value for money good choice of beers.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

We chose to try our local pub for a meal on bank holiday Monday . The restaurant part was deserted and one of the locals advised us to go through to the bar to get somebody's attention. When we were served the staff were most polite.
I ordered pie and veg, most disappointed as it was clearly an "Iceland" pie and was very dry and unappetising. My husband had stroganoff which had little rump steak in and tasted exactly like a packet mix stroganoff- not what we expected for the price!
Went home disappointed and hungry. Shame as the village needs a good, popular pub.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My wife and I visited here last Thursday. It's our local but we haven't been in for some time. The service was without fault, chatty, friendly and just the right side of attentive. The food was excellent. We chose from the early bird menu, 2 meals for £14.95. We shared a garlic bread starter, I had chicken parmigiana, my wife scampi with proper chips. For dessert, I had a 'pin gin' cheesecake, and she chose a very light but huge sticky toffee pudding. All was excellent and served with a smile. A pint of Doombar and a bottle of house white completed our brilliant evening. Bill came to less than £50.00
We will be returning very soon

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here a somewhere to have Sunday lunch while on holiday. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and would have liked to enjoyed the beer but was the driver that day.
Starters were very nice and the staff replaced my son's garlic bread after he discovered it was cheesy (takes after his dad, we hate cheese :D )
Mains were excellent, I had the lamb and my partner the chicken, both of which enjoyed greatly.
Only minor (very minor) observations we would make would be that we would have preferred a bit more green veg (this was forgiven due to the unexpected cauliflower cheese which my partner loved), and the doorbell chiming to summon service. Sorry guys, that was annoying and cost you the last star.
To conclude, eat here! If we were local and not just on holiday we would be eating here often.
Cheers.