“Superb 'get away from it all' location”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Lee A
“Quaint cottage but too noisy”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in May 2018

I booked the cottage for a peaceful break, close to a good friend who lives 15 minutes away. I had a problem opening the front door - the Yale lock is very stiff, and I eventually worked out I had to pull the door towards me to open it. When inside the only way to close it, is to bang it shut.

Initial thoughts were the cottage is charming and very clean (although there was an overwhelming smell of bleach in the kitchen).

Sadly this was not a peaceful break. The road is very busy, and is used as a cut through from two main roads. Traffic does not adhere to the 30mph speed limit. Also, the pub across the road was very noisy in the evenings. I could not open the windows as the outside noise was too loud.

I have stayed in a lot of cottages (usually about three each year). When I arrived the fridge was turned off and the door was open. I had just picked up milk, cheese etc from the shop and it was a hot day, so I had to wait for the fridge to get cold. There were no instructions on how to use appliances - shower, oven, tv, coffee maker etc which is very unusual. I didn't find the clothes drier until the last day (it was under (one of the beds).

The stairs are very steep, and the bottom three are easy to trip down. No warnings about these.

No local information - i.e. footpaths etc.

I would not recommend this cottage if you want a peaceful break!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing