“one night stay”

The Greyhound Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Leigh
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Excellent value for money ,good food,,friendly people

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
GreyhoundWN7, General Manager at The Greyhound Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest

We hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My Family stayed at the Hotel for a Family Wedding 11.02.2012, lots of us paid for overnight stays. The evening was spoilt by the manager banging our door down and accusing us off smoking, which after the lady checked the detecter realised a mistake had been made I do not smoke, the male stayed outside as i was undressed getting changed for the Evening with no apology or even a tap on the door advising its the manager can we have a word with you when my husband complained he was advised 'if you don't like it pack up and leave' !!!!!! we found this very upsetting we were attending my nephews wedding who had spent alot of money so we did not pack up and leave i have now wrote to the Head office the Manager Mr Matthew --- needs some form of Customer Service Training his behaviour is unacceptable, therefore we shall never stay at this hotel again and will update Tripadvisor off the outcome no response yet 20.02.2012.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank loracyam
Reviewed 12 February 2012

i stayed at the greyhound with my grandchildren for a wedding, e stayed in an american suite, it was spacious clean, huge bath with loads of hot running water, we had a thoroughly enjoyable time at the wedding and a sound nights sleep. my grandchildren went for a swim in the pool before breakfast which was buffet style with plenty of choice, we only live a couple of miles away but i decided to book a room to treat my granchildren, i would definately stay here again

Room Tip: if staying here with children definately book a suite you wont be disappointed
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jakikane
GreyhoundWN7, General Manager at The Greyhound Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed in the hotel just for one night. I didn't eat at the hotel or use the facilities so can only comment on the room. I thought for the price we payed, the room was very dated with poor shower facilities and no hot water. If I needed a basic room for the night with no available hotels in the area then I would stay again, however I'd seek out other hotels in the area first and use this as a last resort.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2012

First time I have visited this hotel, I travelled up from london to stay. Its not the cheapest in the area but well worth it.

Good food, good atmosphere, pleasant staff and a decent pint!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Went to a family wedding for a full day package, my sister looked beautiful and the venue complemented her, they had a civil ceremony then a meal and the reception in the one venue. The staff was outstanding they couldn't do enough for everyone. My sister said there wedding coordinator Christina was there to help them anytime of the day as she even went one step further and gave them her personal mobile number now that is customer service at its best. The food for both the meal and reception was lovely, breakfast the day after was great it was nice all the family chilling out the day after. Our room was a suite and was comfortable. We didn't use the leisure facilities but other members of the wedding party did and they said the spa was a nice relaxing treat. I would go there again without a doubt and will tell more of my friends about the weddings and the coordinator. Thanks x

• Stayed: September 2011
GreyhoundWN7, General Manager at The Greyhound Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Guest

We thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon

Matthew Lannon

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Myself and my partner stayed at the hotel for 1 night on the 10 dec 11. The room was clean but a little bit dated. The bath was large but a crack in the sink was disappointing. We were on a National trip and our evening meal was booked in for 8pm which is quite late for us.The starter came at 8.15pm and the main at 8.55pm , both very nice but is was a shame it was served in the Greyhound pub. My favourite was the breakfast which was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your review.

You will be glad to know we have replaced the cracked sink after this was bought to our attention. We apologise about the slight delay with your meal as this was over the christmas period we thank you for your patience whilst eating on our busy chrismtas party nights.

We hope to see you again soon

Matthew Lannon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leigh
Holiday Inn Express Leigh - Sports Village
Bolton Whites Hotel
#2 of 13 in Bolton
Good Night Inns Bay Horse Hotel
Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock

Been to The Greyhound Hotel? Share your experiences!