All reviewshaydock racesnational holidayssofa bedbit datedbusy roadvery pleasant stayduty managerjacuzzi
Reviewed 23 June 2012

room was very clean and well decorated,the bed was comfortable,nice hotel ,great location.the liesure centre next to it as ,a jacuzzi,suana,steam room and small sw/pool.and kept very clean.nothing negative about the hotel.we"ll return again..

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I stayed here whilst on a theatre break. I had one dinner and one full english breakfast, which were both reasonable. The downfall was having to purchase a drink at dinner from the bar, as there was no visible drinks available. The room was comfortable and afforded a good nights sleep, even though it was facing a busy road. Overall impression for a one night stay was that it met all the needs.

Room Tip: ask for one away from the road
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ripto
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed 2 nights in the hotel with my partner, no qualms what so ever very nice clean room, staff on reception were lovely, only tiny problem was there was no hot water the 1st night, it was warm enough but then once mentioned it was sorted and hot again. Pub next door is lovely too, nice and quiet hotel, great location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 487Maria09
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here and to be honest I thought it was disgusting!

I stayed in room 316, it is the furthest away no WI-FI, no hot water, no comfy bed;

I was accused of smoking in my bedroom and received a letter from the manager Rob which i couldn't help laughing at as he cant spell! I love how I am written a letter saying I have been covering up my smoke alarm when I most certainly haven't. On checkout I was asked if i enjoyed my stay and I out across my points, the receptionist glanced left at 'Rob' who just blanked the situation and walked into a back room!

I ate in the restaurant 2 nights and it was disgusting, cold in the middle but burnt, not sure how you manage that unless it is pre-cooked!

I will not be back, the greyhound has lost my business as I was looking at stayin 3 nights a week for the next few years as my office is relocating!!!

Do not stay here!

Room Tip: Don't choose any!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Madge847
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have stayed here multiple times over the last 6 months. The staff are always pleasant and the rooms are always clean. The family sized room is wonderful with tons of space- two bed + a sofa bed. Occasionally there have been problems with the shower temperature (once no matter what setting it was scolding) but someone came to fix it relatively quickly.

The disadvantage with this hotel is there are many functions so it is usually loud especially if placed on the bottom floor. The breakfast is very inconsistent. One day it was wonderful and then the next everything tasted watery. If you book online and get breakfast included or at a discounted rate then it is still worth it for the fresh juice, toast and fruit. Lastly, I once left my mobile in the room. I knew it was there and called the front desk to see if someone could check the room for me and place it aside. The front desk claimed they checked and did not find it. I went back to look myself and my phone was sitting just on the side of the bed closest to the window. One another occasion one of my colleagues left something there, we called back the and they stated it wasn't there. We knew it was there but were unable to drive back and look for it. As a result they told us to call the next day when housekeeping was in. We did and again they claimed it wasn't there.

Room Tip: The family rooms are extra large. Just make sure you don't get the old bridal suite as that has an actual key that you need to get in (which can just get annoying).
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business