“Great Night”

The Greyhound Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Leigh
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This was our first visit to the delightful Greyhound hotel in Leigh, we decided to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday at a Freddie Mercury tribute evening, dinner included.
Firstly compliments to the chef the food was excellent, the dinner was served on hot plates, which is a must for my hubby. The entertainment from Dean(Freddie) whom I only met on the evening, he was a fantastic artist.The excellent staff a special mention to Rebecca who was exceptionable in organising everything and Paul who who let us pick and decorate the table,we had a fabulous. night and will certainly be returning, what a little gem. Thank you to everyone

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed overnight as part of a National Holiday. After reading some of the reviews
which were shown on this website, I was not expecting much! However, what a lovely surprise to find the rooms spotlessly clean, very large and with all the facilities expected of a hotel. The food was great, and an extensive breakfast buffet the next morning was great! I would definately stay here again.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed here as part of a weekend break with National Holidays. After a couple of hours in Liverpool arrived at hotel about 5.30. We were booked into a twin room and it was massive. 2 double beds,spotlessly clean, big bath sheets and small towel each, power shower and bath. Odd thing was the wash basin was outside the bathroom. The soap was in a dispenser but no shampoo. Tea coffee facilities were plenty, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, No air con but there was a radiator and use of a fan if required,free WFI.Our room was at the back so little noice from outside, however walls were very thin and you could hear your neighbours! Disappointed we didn't have time to use the pool. Evening meal was excellent we had the carvery plenty of meat and veg to choose from and the manchester tart yum although the table service could have been better we had to keep asking when we could have the next course. Spent the evening in the bar reasonable prices. Breakfast was fab also with plenty of choice. Found all the staff friendly and helpfull would return again, if just for the food.

Room Tip: If you want an early night you may want to take your ear plugs!
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

I've been to this hotel twice now on business and have ensured that the hotel be booked again for any of my colleagues when we are up in Manchester.

First of all it is nice to stay out of the way of the busy Manchester area, but also be close enough to a direct road straight to the city center.

The hotel is well presented from the exterior and continues into the reception, past here it becomes a little dated but nothing that interferes with the stay.

I have stayed in both a family room and a double room here, both were nicely decorated and very clean. The t.v. in the family room was a big plasma t.v, which made me very happy. Unfortunately the one in the double (room 214) makes a constant high pitched noise akin to a mosquito alarm and so it has stayed off for the duration of my stay. This is probably for the best as it has helped motivate me to hit the mini gym and follow it up with some swimming. I am yet to bring this up with the management, so their reaction cannot be detailed at present.

Breakfast and other food is a little costly but to be fair, everything I have had there has been worth the money.

Judging by earlier comments through the year I believe that this hotel is going through some positive changes including the overall positivity of the team there and the general maintenance of rooms.

I'm looking forward to next week, hopefully I'll be back there for both 4 nights.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Nice hotel, comfy bed, lovely new bathroom, sadly the extractor didn't work so left it a bit like a sauna. Food was good, the young man on the carvery could have done with a hand at times but he did a fabulous job regardless. My only criticism was the tv in my room, only three channels and no remote, I only wanted to watch the news so no drama. Friendly and pleasant staff, would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a refurbished bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2012

wonderful stay, thankyou to all the staff for a comfortable time.
we have stayed many times now and have always been pleased.
the staff were very helpful and friendly.
Our biggest recomendations to anybody looking for a Hotel in this area.

Alan and Eraina K

Room Tip: A room at the back is quieter the hotel being on a busy road
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

For a family funeral we stayed here for one night. At £55 for the room it was good value as this included an excellent comprehensive breakfast and, if we had desired, access to te swimming pool and leisure suite. The hotel is easy to locate and despite being on the East Lancs Road, is really quite rural. Our room was clean and comfortable with a good double bed . Only complaints were a poor TV for which the remote did not work, and a poorly repaired door lock which was unsightly.The reception is light, airy and welcoming and there is an attached pub with outdoor tables. The restaurant, which we did not use, nevertheless looked good - but why no menu in the room? The ladies in the breakfast room were cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leigh
Holiday Inn Express Leigh - Sports Village
Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23
Holiday Inn Haydock M6, Jct 23
#1 of 1 in Newton-Le-Willows
Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock

Been to The Greyhound Hotel? Share your experiences!