“Great Meal, Brill Choices, Good service”
Review of Old Barn Steakhouse - CLOSED

Old Barn Steakhouse
Cuisines: Irish, British, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Old Barn Steakhouse is located in the village of Markethill, County Armagh. Proprieter James Richardson, is a multi-awarding winning Chef, including Ulster Tatler Chef of the Year 2012, and Janus Chef of the Year 2013. The restaurant specialises in top quality steaks, but offers a wide variety of menu choices to it's patrons, including an extremely popular Sunday carvery. Lunch is also served 12 -4pm, Tuesday - Saturday.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Meal, Brill Choices, Good service”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just had lunch in the Old Barn Steakhouse... Staff really welcoming and food was cooked really well and there wasn't a long wait. The menu offered a good variety and the sweet menu I haven't seen one like that for a long time such amazing yummy choices.

Thank you for a lovely meal and not too hard on the pocket.

Looking forward to going back.

• Visited September 2013
Peter S, General Manager at Old Barn Steakhouse, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us! We aim to provide good quality food, at a reasonable price, and it is always good to hear that our customers appreciate that..please do come back and visit again soon!

“A lovely relaxed evening meal”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Visited the restaurant as part if the groupon deal. Have to say the food was fantastic, this was a truly delicious meal. The service this evening was very good, staff were very attentive and pleasant. The service has improved since my last visit. I can not fault the food or the service. If I could offer one improvement I would just say the restaurant was a little cold and it would be more comfortable if it were a little warmer. However thank you for a lovely evening

• Visited September 2013
Thank you for your review, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us! We run Groupon offers every so often, and they always work well for us, in bringing new customers to our business. Please do stop by and see us again soon!
Derry, United Kingdom
“Superb.”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had cause to be in Armagh recently on business, and I asked the receptionist at the hotel for a restaurant recommendation, and she suggested Old Barn Steakhouse. After a ten minute drive in a taxi, we arrived at an impressive looking stone building, which houses the restaurant. We were greeted warmly, and shown to a table in this warm and inviting building.A drink order was taken, and we sat back to investigate the large menu.
Starters of fruit kebab and stuffed mushrooms arrived promptly, and both were very tasty, followed up by monkfish and fillet steak, both well seasoned and cooked perfectly. I never expected the food to be this good! Our waitress asked if we would care for dessert, and we decided to wait awhile, and then ordered a baked alaska to share...simply wonderful, and followed up by two well made Americanos
In summation, a thoroughly enjoyable evening, with excellent food and service, in warm and hospitable surroundings....next time I am in Armagh, I know where I am going.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for your lovely comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant when you are next in the Armagh area.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“same same”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I visted this place for a second time hoping it would be better than the first but was sorley dissapointed!!
Went in for lunch considering it was quite quiet the waitress was in no rush to serve us ...when she did her manner was not professional or even pleasent , had to ask what sides were available?? And sauces as she grunted back ....food was mediocre, no one enquired if it was ok??? So all in all wont reccommend to friends and wont be back!!

1 Thank barton30something
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely suprised to read that you felt as if our waitress was unprofessional, as she is one of our most experienced and well loved staff. In regards to her not telling you what sides and sauces are available, this is indeed true, as all of the options are clearly printed on the menu.
Armagh, United Kingdom
“lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We went on Sunday night for the early bird menu - the food was good , tasty and fast. The service was good and the variety on the menu was interesting. I will be returning very soon.

• Visited August 2013
Peter S, General Manager at Old Barn Steakhouse, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit at Old Barn Steakhouse! We do try to provide a varied menu, and thank you for complimenting us on this. I hope we get the change to impress you again in the near future!