“Fair price for decent stay”

Super 8 Bonne Terre
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bonne Terre
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel lobby area was very clean and bright. There was some confusion when I checked in about the room type I selected when making the reservation online. I evidently booked a smoking room, which I NEVER do. I was given a 'suite' room on the second floor. This might have been fine if it hadn't been that I specifically requested a room next to my aunt on the first floor.

The air conditioners in the hallway upstairs are still not fixed and it was really hot. Got to my room and the a/c wasn't on either. Turned it on and it seemed to have two options, on or off. I woke up the next morning nearly freezing but that beat sweating to death. The lock on the window was broken completely off and there wasn't a screen.

The biggest issue I had was just as I laid down, someone started running up and down the hall and slamming doors. This was after 11pm. Just as I'd start to go back to sleep it would start up again. Finally, at midnight, I called down to the desk. There are cameras in the hallways which I assume the monitors for them are in the office. Surely at some point the attendant would have noticed this activity. I found out the next morning they could hear the running and door slamming on the first floor since my relatives could hear it as well.

One of my cousin's had to check out at 5am to head home. When he got to the front desk to check out there was no one at the desk. He said he waited quite awhile and finally the guy showed up. Turns out he was next door at Huddle House getting something to eat. This seems totally unacceptable and not real safe for the guests. I will keep this in mind if I ever need a room in the area again. I would have reported this but didn't know it happened until after I'd already checked out.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and had a non smoking room available when you arrived. Unfortunately sometimes when the reservation isn't made property direct, guest requests aren't communicated properly. We apologize for the issues you and your cousin experienced while you were here and hope this does not discourage future visits. We look forward to seeing you again. Have a Super day!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was our first ever stay at a Super 8. For some reason, we had a poor opinion of them and avoided the chain. I'm glad we gave them a try. Stayed here on a cross country drive. Room was clean. Breakfast was good. Rate was CHEAP. Staff were great.

In fact, we tried to stay here again driving back home. They were booked up, but helped us find another great room in the area. Staff went above and beyond.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Have a Super day!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Reviewed 18 June 2013

It was nice and easy to book the block of rooms for our wedding. However, it was not pleasant to get a phone call on the day of my wedding telling me I was being charged for two rooms that no one stayed in. It would have been more efficient to have been notified when none of my guests called to book the last two rooms before I was charged for them. Although, it was my responsibility, in the event of of planning a wedding it was not in thec forefront of my mind and realistically, there was no way I could have known unless the guest told me. In the future please help the bride or event coordinator and send an email of the booking status close to the event. thank you.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
BTSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Bonne Terre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We apologize that some of the rooms you blocked didn't show up. We also apologize for calling you the morning of your wedding, we just wanted to make sure those rooms weren't needed and I wanted to make sure you weren't going to be charged any additional fees if they didn't need the rooms. We look forward to doing business with you in the future. Have a Super day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonne Terre
#4 of 6 in Farmington
Hampton Inn Farmington
Hampton Inn Farmington
#1 of 6 in Farmington

Been to Super 8 Bonne Terre? Share your experiences!