“Good food but nothing to brag about” 3 of 5 bubbles

Homestead
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Bonne Terre
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jackson, Missouri
“Good food but nothing to brag about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

After a long day in Potosi, MO and touring the mines in Bonne Terre, we looked up a place to eat while heading back and came across Homestead. This restaurant is a very small place to eat with very limited seating. We had a wait for a bit to get a non-smoking table but that was fine with me. We got a table in the second room and ordered our drink. The food bar is very small and you may have to wait, but the food was decent. There is not a lot to choose from but you'll find something you will like. The smoke from the smoking section definitely drifts over to the non-smoking side which I didn't care for too much. They just need to get rid of smoking in restaurants period. We were prolly in there eating for 30 minutes or so, enough to fill our bellies and head on down the road. Overall, good food, don't care for the divided sections and you will prolly be waiting at the food bar.

1 Thank Frogburner

Bonne Terre, Missouri, United States
“Best Fried Chicken & Catfish you will ever put in your mouth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Super Clean, Great food and the staff is extremely attentive!
No waiting here All you can eat of the best food in the State!
The Homemade Bread pudding is to die for big fluffy and covered in Vanilla Sauce if you haven't tasted this you then you don't know how good real Bread pudding tastes! They even have Carry out! That's where I'm heading Right Now See Ya!

Bubba!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Benefits A
Bonne Terre, Missouri
“Clean restaurant, great food, friendly, family atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I'm a local, so you might feel this review is biased, but THIS is where the locals eat. The food bar is small, but I've eaten here 100's of times and I've never had a bad meal. I'm a stickler for cleanliness, and I always observe the employees changing the serving spoons with fresh pans. I've observed them spot checking the temperature of the fried chicken and catfish with a thermometer. The owner is always working alongside the employees, making sure things are up to his standard. A little gem here is the catfish- don't miss it! It's on the food bar almost every day, and it's way better than Catfish Kettle (a popular fish house in Farmington) Did I mention the name brand Heinz ketchup for the fish and hushpuppies? The homemade desserts? The price is great, and the waitresses and staff are always friendly. True country eats and hospitality.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank letsgo12345
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Homestyle cookin' - buffet style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

This is a buffet style restaurant. The food bar isn't huge like a chain buffet, but what you do get is cooked great and doesn't taste like it came off a buffet. They have a salad bar, a soup and desserts with machine ice cream as well. I gave this 4 stars not because it was the best meal I have ever had, but when comparing the food quality at buffets, this one is hard to beat. I didn't give it 5 only because the choices were somewhat limited when comparing it to other buffets I have been to, however, that wouldn't stop me from going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great home cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

It was almost thanksgiving again. It was delicious. I would go back again and again. The only problem is the non smoking section is very tiny. But I loved it.

• Visited April 2013