“Great Stay”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and I just got back from our first stay at Isle of Capri and it was great.The rooms are nice and beds are comfortable.We ate at the buffet,it was a little crowded and there was a bit of a wait,but it was Saturday night and the wait was worth it because the food was so good.The casino is not real big but it's well laid out and easy to navigate.All the staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful.We definetly plan on going back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2010

Just back from one night, our first ever, at Isle of Capri in Booneville. We were delighted with the room, the staff and everything. Because we had played at other Isle properties in the past (KC and Biloxi) we got the room for $29. Everything was new looking and very clean (furniture, flat screen TV, etc) and internet access was free in the room. The lunch buffet, only 8 bucks, was very tasty and fresh and breakfast in Faraday's was also good and inexpensive. The casino was also lots of fun and the staff at the property were very nice and eager to please. We had low expectations before we got there, I guess just because the town is small, rural and facing hard times. But, everything about the Isle of Capri was a pleasant surprise. We will stay again.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mouldon
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Went here to relax, I asked a staff member where the bathroom is. In a rude manner he told me. Then he told me I had to throw my drink away. This was my first drink ($7). After looking around seeing everyone doing just what I had done and not having to throw their drink away, I decided to contact customer service. No suprise there isn't a customer service desk. After being sent to 4 people I get a big shot "host", the head host. After telling me that the man has no right to do that, he says he's not gonna do anything. (comp the drink or something) because a $7 drink is nothing to him. So I ask what his job is as host. He replies and I quote " taking care of the high rollers, and bringing in business" I told him he lost our business and left never to return.

8  Thank MrBlkJak
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We have been to this hotel 3 times now, and we love it. The rooms are very clean, and fairly spacious. All the staff has been very nice, and helpful. The buffet is absolutely delicious! The little sandwich place is a nice place to get snacks at a reasonable price, and to sit outside of the gaming floor.
We love it and will be going back!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I booked a room online for one night. The website showed a rate of $10 for a Stay and Play package for four adults. The rate included 2 free buffets and a $25 gift card. When we got there to checkin they told us that it must have been a computer glitch and refused to honor the reservation. Even though I had a printed confirmation that clearly showed the rate of $11.27 ($10 plus tax).

After some heated discussion the manager agreed to comp the room. But, I first had to stand in line to get a players card. I wanted the buffets and gift card but they refused. I asked if they would remove the $11.27 charge from my card. She assured me that there would be no charge on my card. We ended up just driving home and not even staying in the room.

Later I discovered that $22.60 had been charged to my card. I called the hotel and was told that the charge was for two additional adults in the room. I have filed a complaint with the Missouri Attorney Generals office.

The place does look nice and the buffet looked awesome. But, just be very careful about anything you put on a credit card here. Watch your statement carefully. You are likely to have additional charges added without your knowledge.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
8  Thank branski
Reviewed 15 November 2009

The hotel is wonderful, and a casino-subsidized bargain Sunday night through Thursday night. The rates double on weekends due to the casino traffic. The rooms are modern and clean and the staff friendly. Their upscale restaurant, Faraday's, is marvelous, and the service absolutely perfect. Despite what seems like acres of spaces, parking can be a challenge, especially on weekends. Don't park too close to the casino - too many casino regugees either rushing to get out or with too many drinks under their belts. I had a rental car damaged by one during a previous stay. Still, if I'm staying during the week, this is my first choice in Boonville.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Stayed at the Capri June 24 to 29 to attend a wedding in Boonville. Having been there before, I asked for and received the "Stay and Play" package for three of the five nights. that's around $80 per night, but includes two buffet breakfasts, lunches or dinners, and $10 gambling money each night. The weekend dinners were the obvious choice at about $18 per meal. So the room costs about $34, and it was a great room with a Missouri River view. The Weekend rates were even a bargain at $90/per night.

Can't go wrong at the Isle of Capri in Boonville: unless you lose at gambling.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
Holiday Inn Express Boonville
Days Inn Boonville
#5 of 7 in Boonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia
Wingate by Wyndham Columbia

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville? Share your experiences!