“Not Returning”

Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
Reviewed 30 October 2011

A group of friends from St. Louis came out to visit the Casino and eat at Faraday's. We went into the Casino, listened to a great band and watched a bit of the World Series, while feeding some slot machines. A couple of us girls went out of the Casino to see Faraday's and when we tried to re-enter the Casino the greeters asked for I.D. We are nearly 60 years old and the sign said you must be 21. In an effort to downsize purses, we had left our I.D.'s at our friend's house where we were staying, since it was a group and we were not driving. Not allowed to re-enter, we had to wait for someone else in our group to come look for us, as people streamed in past us. NONE OF THEM WERE ASKED FOR I.D.'S! Needless to say, we did NOT eat at Faraday's, and WE WILL NOT BE BACK.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank J F
Adam R, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit. I'd like to get a little more information about your trip and the ID situation. If you can email me at isleofcapribv@islecorp.com, I'd be glad to try and help.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Isle of Capri overnight on August 23.This was our third time staying there and I have to say we have no complaints. I know a few of the reviews say that the employees are rude and that they cater to the high rollers,but we've never encountered anything like that at all,and my husband and I are about as low rollers as you'll find! Everyone there has always been very pleasant.
The rooms are very nice,spacious with good lighting.Some features that I especially like are the room darkening drapes,they hang well and overlap,no gaps that let in outisde light.They also have ceiling fans and that's a very nice touch,I think.Also,the water pressure in the showers isn't too bad,either.
All in all,Isle of Capri is a great value and the perfect overnight get away for us.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bbh9072016
Adam R, Public Relations Manager at Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Thank you so much for the positive review. I love hearing that our employees are friendly from guests. I'm glad you also enjoy our hotel. I hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Fun for an evening, wonderful room, great matress, Faradays Steakhouse was very good. Try the rib eye. One of the best. Fun place to play, even if we lost.

Room Tip: Ask for a junior suite
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mas4467

Thanks for the positive review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your rib eye steak. Farraddays' serves Certified Angus Beef rib eyes, so I'm sure it was tasty. We hope you'll come see us again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel and casino are extravagantly decorated to resemble a resort in paradise! The rooms are very clean and offer internet and bright lighting in the bathroom. The cable is very limited though. The front desk staff is very rude and snobbish. The upside to staying here are the options for entertainment -- there's the casino and also ballrooms that are consistently booked with live entertainment -- and several options for dining inside the hotel/casino -- a buffet (great!), a deli/snack bar (great for late night snack), and a sit-down restaurant (too expensive and not very good). There's also valet parking!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Thanks for submitting the review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel and some of our restaurants. I noticed that you had a negative experience with our hote front desk staff. If there is a specific incident we can help you with, please send me an email at isleofcapribv@gmail.com, and I'd be glad to help.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

The room was modern & clean, the staff was wonderful & friendly. Went to the buffet, much, much better then the Isles buffet in K.C.,MO. Tradewinds cafe was so so. The gaming had too many one armed bandits & not enough graphic slots for our tastes, but we will visit again. We asked for non smoking with no sprays because of allergies & they gave us just what we asked for. The whole 7th floor is non smoking.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our buffet. We have recently rolled out a new menu at Tradewinds, so I hope you'll enjoy it more if you come visit us again. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and I just got back from our first stay at Isle of Capri and it was great.The rooms are nice and beds are comfortable.We ate at the buffet,it was a little crowded and there was a bit of a wait,but it was Saturday night and the wait was worth it because the food was so good.The casino is not real big but it's well laid out and easy to navigate.All the staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful.We definetly plan on going back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Just back from one night, our first ever, at Isle of Capri in Booneville. We were delighted with the room, the staff and everything. Because we had played at other Isle properties in the past (KC and Biloxi) we got the room for $29. Everything was new looking and very clean (furniture, flat screen TV, etc) and internet access was free in the room. The lunch buffet, only 8 bucks, was very tasty and fresh and breakfast in Faraday's was also good and inexpensive. The casino was also lots of fun and the staff at the property were very nice and eager to please. We had low expectations before we got there, I guess just because the town is small, rural and facing hard times. But, everything about the Isle of Capri was a pleasant surprise. We will stay again.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mouldon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
Comfort Inn Boonville
Comfort Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
#6 of 36 in Columbia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia

Been to Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville? Share your experiences!