“Another great stay at a Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Boonville
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Stayed the night after a Royals game on our way to St Louis. What can you say, clean, comfortable, quiet, good location, reasonable price and a great breakfast in the morning. All equals a happy family and happy Dad.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank who_we_talkin_about

Reviewed 15 April 2011

We make the trip from St Louis to KC alot and always seem to end up here. It's overpriced (we think) and it seems it goes up each time but it is the best one around unless you go to Columbia. Nice people work here, the breakfast is clean, and although foreign managed you'll be happy with the accommodations. We're very picky and we're always happy.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank I-no-lie
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I enjoyed the hotel...don't get me wrong. But what made my experience, and made me decide to post a positive review on tripadvisor was the friendly staff that made a relatively ordinary stopover business trip into a memorable night.

A lot of times when I ask a front desk person about local restaurants they give me vague, robotic recommendations. This time, however, the gentlemen at the front desk sat and talked with me for 5 minutes about his personal recommendations, and personal ratings. He told me to try a place called "WJ's" and promised that I would not be dissappointed...his promise was kept. One of the BEST restaraunts I have ever eaten at. Just the fact that the young man took the time to talk to me, and genuinly seemed to care about my experience made all the difference. I never expected a Thursday night stay in Boonville Missouri to be a memorable one...pleasantly suprised.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Dearborn_Mark
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stayed at this HIE on the way back from Colorado. Most of my experience at this hotel was good, and this hotel is pretty standard for a HIE. The staff was very friendly, and my check-in was a pleasant one.

The one big problem I had here was I kept discovering several flying bugs in the room itself (few mosquitoes and other types). This was an interior 2nd floor room so this was a surprise to see, but it didn't take long to figure out. Just outside and above my window was a very bright exterior light which had attracted a large swarm of bugs on my window. The air unit was just below the window, and quite a few bugs were being sucked in the unit and into the room. I ended up having to turn off the air unit as this was becoming a problem, but being mid June it made for an uncomfortable night in a stuffy room. Unsure what they can do about this short of redesigning the exterior light system.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank 37Geese
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This hotel has recently been renovated, and although it was just a face-lift and not a complete renovation, it's still a significant improvement. The manager goes out of his way to interact with the guests and make sure all is well with their stay. The complimentary breakfast is the one of the best I've experienced in this class of hotel. The hotel has a good location, just off of the Interstate but not close enough for any traffic noise. I travel to the area fequently, and this is my first choice of a place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Global-track
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Very nice, very clean hotel, extremely attentive staff. We had no problems with noise, & I think the Holiday Inn Express bedding is the best out there. So comfortable! The only downside was that their hot tub was not working, but we did get to enjoy their nice pool (just wish it had been warmer!). Breakfast was a huge spread, including yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, biscuits & gravy, fresh fruit & cereal. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rogueit
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We stayed here for one night while traveling with friends. When we arrived to check in and saw the location and all the remodeling going on, I went “Oh no!” However the room remodels were finished and the rooms were great. They are still working on the lobby and stairs. Good mattresses, nice furnishings and given the “right on the interstate” location very quiet. Our friends were on the third floor facing the highway and we were on the second and both heard no road noise. The management was very friendly and the breakfast good. This was a better than expected experience for the money.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chevybb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
Comfort Inn Boonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
Comfort Suites Columbia
#7 of 36 in Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boonville? Share your experiences!