“Good breakfast, bad bugs.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Boonville

Holiday Inn Express Boonville
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boonville
Chicago
“Good breakfast, bad bugs.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here for a family reunion with several other families. It is a new hotel. Room was on first floor near door. It was a clean, suite-nice size, with pull out couch, fridg, sink. It did have a musty smell-had trouble with the humidity. The couch was very uncomfortable, odd for a new hotel. The kids managed to sleep ok on it. Breakfast was good. The bad-we killed 4 cockroaches in our room over the weekend. There were several dead ones outside our room on Fri. that were still there on Sun. That was the main negative of this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you have older kids. Gives you more room.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RoyalsfanChicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

We stayed here overnight on a cross-country trip. It's very nice and fairly clean. There are many restaurants nearby to choose from and access to I-70 is very convenient. Our particular room had a musty smell to it though. The maid also knocked on our door around 8:00 a.m. the morning we checked out. Check out time isn't until 11:00 a.m. and we felt rushed because of it. There was also a man down the hall from us that was woken up by the maid because she wanted to clean early. Please note that this man did not put the "do not disturb" sign out, though.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

This was the second time we had stayed at the HIE in Boonville. It's primary attraction to us is the convenience to Arrow Rock State Park and the Lyceum Theatre. It has clean rooms, friendly service, and a nice continental breakfast. It does provide high speed internet and a small refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Topeka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Stayed the night after a Royals game on our way to St Louis. What can you say, clean, comfortable, quiet, good location, reasonable price and a great breakfast in the morning. All equals a happy family and happy Dad.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank who_we_talkin_about
kcmo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

We make the trip from St Louis to KC alot and always seem to end up here. It's overpriced (we think) and it seems it goes up each time but it is the best one around unless you go to Columbia. Nice people work here, the breakfast is clean, and although foreign managed you'll be happy with the accommodations. We're very picky and we're always happy.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank I-no-lie
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

I enjoyed the hotel...don't get me wrong. But what made my experience, and made me decide to post a positive review on tripadvisor was the friendly staff that made a relatively ordinary stopover business trip into a memorable night.

A lot of times when I ask a front desk person about local restaurants they give me vague, robotic recommendations. This time, however, the gentlemen at the front desk sat and talked with me for 5 minutes about his personal recommendations, and personal ratings. He told me to try a place called "WJ's" and promised that I would not be dissappointed...his promise was kept. One of the BEST restaraunts I have ever eaten at. Just the fact that the young man took the time to talk to me, and genuinly seemed to care about my experience made all the difference. I never expected a Thursday night stay in Boonville Missouri to be a memorable one...pleasantly suprised.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dearborn_Mark
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

I stayed at this HIE on the way back from Colorado. Most of my experience at this hotel was good, and this hotel is pretty standard for a HIE. The staff was very friendly, and my check-in was a pleasant one.

The one big problem I had here was I kept discovering several flying bugs in the room itself (few mosquitoes and other types). This was an interior 2nd floor room so this was a surprise to see, but it didn't take long to figure out. Just outside and above my window was a very bright exterior light which had attracted a large swarm of bugs on my window. The air unit was just below the window, and quite a few bugs were being sucked in the unit and into the room. I ended up having to turn off the air unit as this was becoming a problem, but being mid June it made for an uncomfortable night in a stuffy room. Unsure what they can do about this short of redesigning the exterior light system.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank 37Geese
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boonville
Comfort Inn Boonville
#5 of 7 in Boonville
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Boonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia
Holiday Inn Executive Center - Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Boonville? Share your experiences!