“So talented...”

Bluegrass & Gospel - The Petersens
Ranked #2 of 154 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Petersens are an award-winning bluegrass band in their eighth season of shows at the Little Opry Theatre. The Petersens give audiences a taste of the authentic Branson music scene with their refreshingly all acoustic show. In 2015, the band received international attention when banjo player, Ellen Petersen, competed in the singing reality TV show, American Idol, and placed in the top 48. This February The Petersens were recognized nationally by the bluegrass community when they competed in the International Bluegrass Competition in Nashville and were awarded fourth place. The family has toured throughout the United States, Canada, and recently completed their second international tour to Ireland in July. Audiences will be entertained as the band performs bluegrass standards, gospel favorites, original music, and are sure to laugh at the sibling humor on stage. The intimate setting of the Little Opry Theatre and The Petersens will make any audience feel like a part of the family.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I loved the Sunday afternoon gospel show! This family is so talented. You get a lot of entertainment value for a super reasonable price.

All reviews
"incredible talent"
"spend an afternoon"
"stage presence"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love Bluegrass music. Like any other genre of music, it is supposed to be enjoyable. I've heard too many Bluegrass groups that specialize in playing so fast and so loud it just becomes very loud noise traveling 100 miles an hour. I get the feeling they do that just to cover up the fact that they are not very good instrumentalists who really can't sing much either.
The Petersens are different. Not only are they very accomplished instrumentalists, it is a real pleasure to hear them sing and listen to their wonderful harmonies without sacrificing your ability to hear. Whenever I go back to Branson and they have a show scheduled, I'll be in the theater watching and listening.
As I said before I'm a big bluegrass fan and I highly recommend The Petersens. If you are going to Branson , don't miss their show. You can thank me later.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

they was so good and fun to watch. they done a awesome job and I enjoyed it all the singing , music, and the story telling. bought 2 cd's to bring home . would go again to hear them beautiful family

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our second time to hear the Petersens was so superior to our first time two years ago it is difficult to compare them. We went to their Gospel show on Sunday afternoon. These four young Christian adults have matured into seasoned professional musicians, both with their instruments and their voices. They have added a dobro to their other instruments, bringing total to six, which is a great decision. We will return to hear them again, and we recommend them without reservation to any Branson visitor.