“Waste of money!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Branson Dinosaur Museum
Ranked #108 of 167 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Travel 90 Million Years in just a few steps! Take your vacation back in time and visit life sized dinosaur replicas, dig for fossils, and even get a scare!
Mayfield, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Waste of money!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

We have children that are dinosaur fanatics and we really looked forward to going to this museum. it was way too expensive to begin with. The displays were not even real, everything was man made. Plus, a majority of the information was inaccurate. We spent a total of 30 minutes in the "museum" and everyone was bored terribly. We felt so mislead by the website. Stay away from this one!!

Visited March 2012
7 Thank Angie D

Benton, Arkansas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great for Kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

We took our son who is OBSESSED with dinosaurs and we spent a great deal of a long day!!! Only problem it was connected to the monster museum so you could hear screams and scary voices throughout the tour.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Meg R
Batesville, Arkansas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“ok, but could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Was small and could have been set up better. Kids were not entertained long.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank ldc333
IN
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Donate your $ to a good cause instead of this.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Even though I brought my 2 boys, who are both pretty big dino fans, we were through this place in maybe 20-25 minutes at a very slow pace. I even made them finish the 'quiz' they hand out at the door (which just get you a discount to the 'museum' store).

The 'museum' (I keep putting that word in quotes for a reason) is just a bunch of dino mockups in an old warehouse. It would be ok if it were setup in your local shopping mall. Absolutely no atmosphere on anything.

The only nice part was that m boys initially wanted to do the monster asylum next door, but chickened out and we were able to go through this 'museum' instead.

4 Thank Beezlebubba
Raymore
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“It's not open anymore!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

My kids were looking forward to seeing the dinos but the museum isn't even open anymore. If you go to their website it fails to mention this. My husband and I kept driving around looking for it unable to find it. The GPS kept taking us to the aquarium instead. I finally went into the aquarium and asked them. They told me that the dinosuar place was hit by the tornado and will take one full year to be rebuilt. I'm wondering if the aquarium is actually located in the building that once housed the dinos. Its where the GPS kept taking us. A little fishy if you ask me.

Visited May 2012