“A must see!!”

Shepherd Of The Hills Outdoor Theatre
Ranked #58 of 155 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: This family-owned attraction features the famous outdoor theatre where guests are transported back to the late 1800's and into the lives of the pioneers who settled this rugged area of Southwest Missouri. Based on Harold Bell Wright's bestselling book the show is now in it's 56th season in Branson. The Shepherd of the Hills is a time tested favorite for all ages. During the day there are guided jeep-drawn tours of the historic homestead, Inspiration Tower, the Vigilante Extreme ZipRider (which launches from the TOP of Inspiration Tower!) And Round-Up on the Trail Chuckwagon Dinner Show. It's a whole day of family fun at historic proportions! In November and December Old Matt's Historic Homestead is transformed into a magical Christmas wonderland. The Trail of Lights is an animated, musical drive-thru of lights, sound and motion and is open 7 nights a week. There are millions of twinkling lights and animated displays that celebrate everything from the whimsical to beautiful displays celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. There's also Christmas on the Trail Chuckwagon Dinner Show in the Pavilion Theatre. Favorite holiday carols and a delicious cowboy dinner in a rustic, cozy setting...And your ticket includes a journey through The Trail of Lights after the show. Christmas on the homestead has become a favorite holiday tradition for families. Come enjoy the most wonderful time of the year with us!
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A must see!!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

After the scare of not having this icon in the area, we were thrilled to see that this magnificent show would return in 2014!! Please help this family out by stopping in and watching this true classic! It is very well worth every penny. It is truly a gift.

Visited May 2014

Rutledge, Alabama, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I visited The Shepherd of the Hills on Saturday, May 4 - what a wonderful tour! Our guide was very personable, and made the characters from the book come alive- he made the history of the area seem real to us. He's also part of the cast from the show (he plays Wash Gibbs) and told us a lot about the background of the play and the cast members.
Of everything we saw in Branson, this was one of my two favorite spots - I'd suggest that anyone visiting the area needs to see this first - it will not only make the Branson area more than a tourist stop, it will help you recognize where the names came from. We plan on coming back this fall to see the play- we're so glad they've decided to keep doing it!
PS - make sure you pick up a copy of the book in the gift area- we'll be bringing ours back to collect more signatures from the cast members!

Visited May 2014
Marble Hill, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is a "must see" show!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is more than a show. It's an experience! You find yourself back in time and living the life of the people of the Ozarks at the turn of the century. You'll laugh until your sides hurt. You'll cry at the pain of losing a loved one. You'll celebrate a life that is more real. You'll leave with a new way of looking at life and the world that surrounds you. I have seen this outdoor drama many, many times. I hope to see it many, many more. It's an experience for the entire family. My daughter was very young and had already seen it many times. One time, as the performance began, she turned to me and said "there's no place I'd rather be." That's still how she and I both feel. There's no place I'd rather be.

Visited October 2013
Ponca City, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Must See in Branson!!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Absolutely wonderful show!!! The show is full of live action, with live animals and burning buildings. Great for families. I'm so glad they have decided to keep the show going! My husband and I saw it are looking forward to taking our son to see it. The show is in a beautiful outdoor theater. They even invite the audience to take part in the barn dance. The grounds at the theater are beautiful. We really enjoyed seeing Old Matt's Cabin. Inspiration Tower is an absolute MUST!!! If you get a chance to go through there at Christmas time, they have a drive through display that is gorgeous. We try to go every year.

Visited October 2013
“America needs more quality shows like this!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

America needs more quality shows like this! Rich in history! A true professional production that shows the values that America needs to return to.

Visited June 2013