“Comfy beds”

Angel Inn - Near IMAX
Ranked #72 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The room we had had 3 beds that were very comfortable... very clean...plenty of hot water for showers...the pool was nice as well as the hot tub...the only problem we had was the wireless internet was pretty slow and could not keep a signal very long... but besides that hotel was very nice for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking a few moments to review your stay here at Amazinn. Here at Amazinn we are known for our high standard of cleanliness. I am pleased it exceeded your expectations. All of our rooms have the new therapeutic doctor’s choice pillow top mattress, which are a real treat to sleep on after a long days drive, or a full day out at Silver Dollar City. I have spoken with the IT department about the internet issue you experienced. If you could let me know what room you were in, we can ascertain which router is causing the slow down. Thanks again for letting us know about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Branson.

There are newer reviews for Angel Inn - Near IMAX

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights there. This was our 2nd time staying there and both times the hotel and staff have been great. We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and the room was nice and clean, we always had plenty of towels, and its really convenient having a microwave and fridge in every room. The AC in the rooms worked very well in this 100+ degree weather. Our room was close to the pool and hot tub so we would go any time we had a chance although we happen to find quite a bit of hair in there. Not cool. Breakfast was good. They alternate from french toast and biscuits and gravy. We only ate breakfast when they had the french toast and everything was delicious. They have Donuts, cereal, eggs, juice, fruit, bagels, etc. I wish we could take the food to our room though.
Overall I think anyone would be satisfied staying here and I would recommend it to anyone. Great Stay for the price!! Check it out!

Room Tip: I booked online and it was cheaper to stay in the upstairs floor.
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay here at Amazinn. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay as well as the last time you visited. All of our rooms have the complimentary fridge, microwave, and personal coffee maker. We have recently updated our ac units to newer energy efficient units. I am glad to add your opinion to the many other great reviews on our upgrade. Amazinn is known for our great hospitality from the maid to the person at the front desk. I will certainly pass your kind words on to the staff. I am disappointed with your account of our outdoor pool. We have just gotten a new maintenance guy, so I appreciate your feedback. I have spoken with him, and the issue has been fixed. Thank you again for letting us know about your most recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Branson.

Amazinn and Suites

Reviewed 31 July 2012

We picked this hotel because they could accomadate my whole family of six in one room, upon arriving we find out they did not book our first night there, of course they were full so they tell us we would have to stay somewhere else that night. The desk attendent did call some places to see if they had vacancy. We explained to him that we would have to have two rooms or a more expensive suite and it would cost more for us to stay. I asked was there some way they could compesate us since they were the ones who made the mistake.He called his manager and she told him it would have to go to accounting the next day.The guy would not let me talk to the manager so we went next door where they were very friendly and helpful.The desk attendent had the nerve to ask me did I want him to cry me a river to show he did care.Very poor attitude.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Doug M
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I am disappointed and saddened at reading your account of your stay. I personally looked into your situation. It appears you booked your reservation through an online third party. The online company had booked you for only two nights starting Saturday. Since the online companies have direct access to our system, they put in your reservation as booked. I regret you were under the impression they had booked you for three nights instead of the actual two nights. Of course we strive to accommodate situations like this, but being peak season we had sold out and had nothing we could put you in. I am pleased the front desk agent was able to find you another room that was a suite right next door. None of our front desk agents are able to guarantee compensation. Both he and the manager asked that you stop by in the morning and she would have had time to investigate with the online agent as to what days you had booked. I always recommend guests call the hotel directly if there are any changes or special requests, just to make sure the hotel is aware and can accommodate. I hope on your next visit you will give us a second chance. When you book give me a call and I will set everything up.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Our room was clean with plenty of towels and a very comfortable bed. However, it smelled like someone had been smoking in the room and then tried to clean/cover it up. Since it didn't give me a headache, we didn't worry about it. Usually cigarette smoke gives me a headache, so whatever was done to clean it, must have worked to some degree. You could hear sounds from other rooms--no voices though. We had a jetted tub in our room that was very nice. There were no shampoo or conditioner bottles. Instead there was a dispenser of some secret substance in the shower. This substance did not lather. There were decent hand soaps. The refrigerator was great. The breakfast was basic--cereals, toast, biscuits, bagels, donuts, boiled eggs, orange and apple juices.

Overall, it was a good room with a good breakfast. We would definitely consider staying here again since it was walking distance to the show we were going to.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GottaTravelGottaGo
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing your stay here at Amazinn. I am pleased your enjoyed your stay here and found the beds very comfortable. We have the new therapeutic doctor’s choice pillow top mattresses our of the European collection at the Denver Mattress company, we have gotten great reviews. I’m glad we can add you to the list. I am curious as to the smell issue you noted. Those rooms are smoke free and away from the smoking rooms. My thought would be someone was smoking out side near your room and the ac unit was bringing it inside. Either way I wish you had let the front desk know so we could of resolved the situation while you were here. In our effort to go green we have replaced all the little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash with a single dispenser in the shower. It is a combination of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. It also allows you to use more than the little bottles did. However if you and let us know, we do have some of the shampoo bottles at the front desk available on request. Had we of known, we would have been more than happy to get some for you. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Amazinn on your next trip to Branson.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We picked this hotel off the internet not really sure of what we would be getting. It was AWESOME! Great location just off the main strip but easy to find and close to everything we needed. Rooms were VERY clean and comfortable. pillow top beds, mini-fridge and microwave, clean pool and friendly staff. Very affordable rates, plus we found out that they have larger rooms with 3 queen beds. When we come back with more family we can all stay together! We will DEFINITELY stay here again! Thank you SO much!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank yensid65

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking time to review your stay here at Amazinn. I am glad we exceeded your expectations. Our triple queen rooms are our signature room at Amazinn. Each room is four feet larger each way. This gives us the unique ability to put in a third bed without the room becoming crowded. These rooms can hold up to 6 adults. They are really popular with families as they don’t have to book two separate rooms. We look forward to getting to welcome you back on your next trip to Branson.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel in June 2012 for our anniversary. The hotel had a quieter location just off the strip but still close to attractions such as the IMAX theater complex.

The pool stays open later than most so that causes a bit more noise than at some hotels and motels but since we weren't right next to it I didn't find it a problem.

Our room had newer furnishings and was on the second floor. I liked that the stair wells were covered and there were plenty of them to use. It was also nice that the upper and lower floors were all connected with walkways outside even though the hotel is many seperate smaller blocks or buildings of rooms.

The only issue we found in our room was a small stain on and near the ceiling of the sink area. The only issue with the hotel at large is that you could not take your breakfast to your room and there wasn't enough seating even on a weekday.

The mini-fridge and microwave were clean and in working order. The television was a large flat screen that would make most kids and husbands swoon with joy! This was also the first hotel that didn't cause my back to ache when we slept.

We plan to return with our baby girl when she is old enough to enjoy the fun Branson and this little hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask them not to put you by the pool if you are light sleeper. The pool stays open until 11:00 p.m...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank turtlemom11
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for reviewing your stay here at Amazinn. Congratulations again on your anniversary. I am glad you enjoyed your stay her so well. We do have a great location right off Shepherd of the Hills Expwy. which makes for easy in and outs. This year we have just upgraded all of our tvs to brand new 42 inch flat screens. We have the doctor’s choice therapeutic pillow top mattresses out of the European collection from the Denver Mattress company; they truly are a treat to sleep on. Thank you again for taking time to review your stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back with our famous Amazin’ hospitality.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great pillow top beds, clean & very reasonable rates!! Showers were also very, very good. Large bathrooms.

Room Tip: Downstairs is best. Upstairs you must use the stairs, no elevator, but it only one floor up. Room...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barbarasbeamer
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking a few moments to review your stay here at Amazinn. I am pleased you found the room to your to your satisfaction. Our rooms are four feet larger each way than our competitors. This gives you that extra room and makes the room much more relaxing. We look forward welcoming you back on your next visit.