“My first & last time staying here. I DON'T RECOMMEND!!!!!”

Angel Inn - Near IMAX
Ranked #71 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

The location, the attractions, food & shopping options in Branson were great. The hotel...well not so much. The bathroom had hair stuck to the shower walls, soap dispenser and on the floor when I checked in Friday. I called the front desk reported the condition of the room & was told housekeeper was gone for the day BUT It would be taken care of first thing Saturday morning, we used the other bathroom in the suite. I called the front desk Saturday morning as we prepared to leave the suite asking for extra towels & the bathroom to be cleaned. I was told housekeeping was on the way to take care if our room. Nobody showed up before we left the room. Upon returning Saturday night the bathroom STILL HAD HAIR, I CALLED FRONT DESK AGAIN to be told housekeepimg was gone for the day. Sunday morning I called front desk and demanded to talk to a manager, I was told there was no manager available but Head of housekeeping was sent to our suite, I showed her the strands of hair throughout the bathroom. SHE TOOK A PIECE OF KLENEEX, WIPE THE HAIRS OFF THE WALLS/FLOOR and apologized for our inconvenience as she left the room. She did not DISINFECT OR SANITIZE AT ALL!!!! I will never stay here again nor would I recommend this hotel. I filled out a comment card & requested a call from management on Monday. The nice attendant(Marie) said she would send him an email about the incident with my phone number to contact me; the manager hasn't called yet its been over a week.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank YBANKS
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Guest,

As I spoke with you during your stay and after, we cannot guarantee room service at a specific time. While we cannot schedule specific cleaning times, we always do our best to service rooms in a timely efficient manner. Housekeeping has until 4pm to service rooms; I regret they weren’t able to service your room by the 11am time you preferred. It was served before 2pm. In regards to your complaint about check in, both front desk agents offered to go inspect and clean your bathroom for you, as you admitted to me, you declined. Your room was cleaned each day by early afternoon. Each time a room is serviced housekeeping disinfects and sanitizes. No where does the hotel say we can schedule housekeeping times, but each room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. While guests don’t always see housekeepers cleaning the room, it doesn’t mean the room wasn’t cleaned. If you have further issues besides what we spoke about, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The best thing about this hotel is that they offer rooms with three queen size beds, so our family of six can stay at a very reasonable rate. I have absolutely no complaints about the room--it was clean; the a/c was already on before we arrived, so the room was cool; the temp of the water and pressure was great in the shower; and there was plenty of extra room, even with a third bed, for everyone to move around. We didn't hear much outside noise at all, except for an occasional loud car. We didn't use the pool, but we walked past it several times and it seemed to be very well maintained and the area around the pool was very clean. Our stay was very short, so we only ate the breakfast twice. On the first day there was biscuits and gravy and on the second day there was french toast. On both days there was also fruit, cereal, juice, coffee, milk, pancakes, and toast. We enjoyed the breakfast very much and felt that it was one of the best that we've had at a hotel where the breakfast was included in the cost of the room. The location was perfect for our stay. We had tickets to The Haygoods (which is about a minute away), one of our favorite restaurants is McFarlain's (which is probably about 30 seconds away) and we had tickets to three shows at King's Castle Theatre (which is only about 5 minutes away if you stay off 76). We had a great stay and would recommend this one to anyone--especially a larger family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DOUGLAS R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are on of the few hotels in Branson that offer rooms with three queen sized beds. It comes in quite handy for families. Our breakfast is one of our top amenities. We also provide in room refrigerators, microwaves, and personal coffee makers. We also have new luxury doctor’s choice therapeutic pillow top mattresses. On your next visit be sure to let us know you are a repeat guest, it will qualify you for our better discounts. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Well we have stayed at this hotel 5 previous times. Last year we noticed a decline in the overall cleanliness but thought it may have just been the particular rooms. Well for the size of the rooms and the cost we decided to try once again and this will be the last time. Upon checking in and turning down one of the beds we could tell the sheets hadn't been changed. Unlike the previous reviewer I didn't take pictures. There was makeup on the sheets and a hair in the bed not to mention how messy the sheets appeared. I called down to the front desk to be told that housekeeping was gone for the day but they would send sheets up. What??? I was not changing the sheets after just checking in. So after stating that fact she said the maintenance man would do it.

Fast forward to later on that evening when my daughter went to take a shower. The bath towel in the bathroom was dirty and the washcloth had a hair on it. Besides that the towels are barely hanging together by there threads. They need new towels. Oh, we found a lovely toenail next to the bed also.

The Wifi also did not work. I was told I could come down to the front desk and connect there. If my daughters stood close enough to the door in the room they could connect to the neighboring hotel Southern Oaks. Thanks for the Wifi Southern Oaks. Now I noticed management responded to someone elses complaint about the A.C. Units being new and should not have caused a problem, well you should check room 258. The unit poured water outside while fogging up the window. It also made this buzzing sound that sound like a phone vibrating. We actually looked around the room to see if we could find the phone, until we finally came to the conclusion it was at ac.

We were very disappointed since it is a good size for the money and a great location.

2  Thank Kristi W
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Upon arriving at our room I noticed that the bottom of the bathtub was dirty and the whole shower area was stained and really needed to be replaced. The fridge in the room ticked. A sound like water dropping. In the ceiling there was what appeared to be some sort of small plug. I couldn't help but think what if that is really a small camera. Maybe the ceiling leaked at one time and the plug was put in the hole? Im not sure. Either way it made me uncomfortable. We were in a hurry to see a movie so I didn't go back down and ask for another room. Later that evening around 11:00pm we returned to the room to find that the air conditioner wasn't working so I called the front desk. I was told that that sometimes happens and that he could move me to another room. So I had to load up my things along with my two kids and head to the front desk to get a key. The guy was very nice (Ryan) about everything even apologetic. He moved me to a room on the bottom floor (lol an upgrade from the 2nd floor room I requested). This room had it's own troubles as well. The room smelled musty and had a strong smell of some sort of spay that was used to try and cover it up. At this point all I want to do is take a hot shower and climb into the comfy pillow top bed. The shower was not much cleaner than the other and the hot water only got literally "luke warm" and that was turned all the way on the hot side. I was very irritated. Oh and the toilet moved every time you sat on it! Upon inspection of my pillows I discovered some pink stains so I removed the pillow case. Alas, the only good experience I had here was that I slept so good on those pillow top mattress'. We slept until 9:30 and left at 10:30. Didn't even attempt the breakfast. I would look for another hotel as there are plenty in Branson to choose from at the same price.

2  Thank Carol T

Dear Guest,

I am disappointed at hearing your account of your stay. Each room is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, and inspected before each guest’s checks in. As with any refrigerator, they do get low on Freon at times. Maintenance was able to fix it the next morning. Amazinn & Suites has concrete walls, ceilings, and floors. As with all concrete there are contraction joints. Per the health department, these are filled with a foam insulator. These are not holes for cameras, or leaks. We have 24/7 maintenance available for issues like with your ac unit, or depending on availability we do allow guests to move rooms. I am pleased Ryan was able to resolve your issues quickly and efficiently to your satisfaction. Each room does have air freshener, not to cover up anything but to provide the extra touch our guests have come to appreciate. I am pleased you enjoyed your new luxury doctor’s choice therapeutic pillow top mattresses.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is a motel. The doors open to the outside and it has just the basics. If you are looking for a place to stay and will only be in your room to sleep then don't waste your money at other places. The bed was pretty comfy! We paid $55.00 per night. Rooms have a coffee and coffeemaker but no sugar or creamer. The microwave & small fridge is helpful too. They provide soap but no shampoo or conditioner. At least our room didn't have any stocked. The pool was nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Amazinn & Suites does have outside entrances. This allows guests to park right in front of their rooms. Guests tend to like the fact they don't have to carry their luggage down long hallways. I am pleased you enjoyed our luxury doctor's choice therapeutic pillow top mattresses. The new soap dispensers are one of our new amenities. Instead of the small containers of shampoo and conditioner we now offer a dispensers on the wall of all our showers that provides shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. This allows guests to use the amount they are needing instead of the regular small bottles. However we do have the bottles available upon request. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I had read some bad reviews of this place before coming to this hotel, but there were a lot of good ones, too so I gave it a shot. The desk attendant was very helpful and nice. The lobby looked clean and updated. The room when we got to it was uncomfortably hot, but cooled quickly enough. The room needs an update in a bad way, but it was clean and that was more important. My only complaint is that the walls are really thin. The neighbors apparently were card sharks and up till very early in the morning. They were also seated right outside our room at 7:00am in a lounge area. Could hear every word since the walls were so thin. The breakfast was satisfactory, but nothing that stood out. It was almost all picked over by 8:15 when I got there. The coffee was good and fresh though.

Room Tip: I would get a room to the outside of the hotel so you don't have people congregate outside your...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stay there over the weekend of the july 12. It's a very clean and nice place to stay. Room was clean and smell very fresh, water is good and hot and the shower... People at the front desk was very nice and helpful. only think I did not like is the breaskfast i think they need to add more hot food ( and meat for breakfast). overall we had a nice time. Housekeeping was great.

Room Tip: Rooms are big and clean. Good loacation
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
JPayneBranson, General Manager at Angel Inn - Near IMAX, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you letting us know about your recent stay. I will pass your kind words on to the staff. Amazinn & Suites is known for our friendly quality staff. All of our rooms are double inspected before they are rented to ensure your high standard of cleanliness. Unfortunately the Health Department has stringent rule for breakfasts. In order to provide meat we would have to have a commercial grade kitchen. This can make it challenging for smaller hotels. We are always upgrading the hotel and the amenities. I’ll certainly take in consideration our suggestions. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.