“Will never go back”

Ranked #275 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet
Description: WhipperSnappers - Home of the All-You-Can-Eat Lobster, Crab legs & Seafood Buffet.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My husband is a true seafood lover so of course on his night to pick where we ate it was here. You go in through the back of a chicken resturant and it's underneath it. It was not very clean in here, there were plastic cloths on the tables (which I understand bc of messy seafood) but they were dirty and torn. I guess they were shorthanded bc the service was terrible. You pay the same price for the buffet for children as for adults. ( it's $40 by the way per person) now none of this would have really mattered if the food had been amazing but alas it was not. It was not even good. None of us were full when we left and I felt so sorry for my poor husband whose only request on the entire trip was "to find some great seafood" lol. We would never eat here again.

7  Thank MistyNorton

Reviewed 5 August 2014

You get what you pay for all you can eat lobster and crab legs with shrimp cat fish and more only draw back is everyone want to take picture and sell it to you

2  Thank mikeysnana
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We ate here with four children. The restaurant was dirty and dark. You eat below the chicken restaurant. It was very expensive. The food was disgusting. We will not be back.

3  Thank disapp0inted2010
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was kind of iffy on going to this place after the reviews, but we went for my bf's birthday and it wasn't bad! Yes, the lobster sucked (I only had one piece from the claw), but I always think lobster is chewy and would rather have crablegs. Actually went there 2 times on our vacation. The first time, got a Russian waitress, Olga, who was very good and nice. The crab legs were good and loved the clam strips! The second visit, our waiter was very good and kept asking if we needed anything. In most of the reviews, it talks about the floors being very slippery, and only at one point did I notice it being slick, but nothing happened. Of course the first night, this one guy almost went down! Was good. Definitely got my fill of crab/seafood!

1  Thank nanccakes
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I were hesitant to eat at Whippersnappers in Branson, MO, this past weekend because of the poor reviews, but we are glad we did. To be fair, yes, the lobster was terrible (something the management should address because of all the bad reviews), but everything else was fantastic. Besides the lobster, we had shrimp, crab strips, catfish, cajun crawfish, crab cakes and a whole bunch of crab legs and it was all fantastic. Our waiter, James, was very courteous and provided us excellent service.

And as for the $39.99 price, come on people, this is a seafood buffet, on the strip, in Branson, Mo. They are not luring you there so you will gamble, or buy something else, so they are not going to give it away. My wife did her usual 2 trips through the buffet line, but I made up for it with 6 times through, getting mostly crab legs. If you can not get get at least $10 worth of seafood on your plate each time you go through the buffet, something is wrong. I feel we got more than our money's worth.

8  Thank Kevin B

Been to Whipper Snappers? Share your experiences!