“TERRIBLE”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #124 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We are currently staying at this "resort". We are highly disappointed with this establishment. The rooms were discounted for a class my husband is attending here. There was no mention of several things that would not be available due to the discount. When we arrived we were told we would not be allowed to swim unless we paid another $30 per day. The refridgerator is also an extra $10 a night! The room is dirty! We had no liner in the ice bucket, but plenty of hair. Every corner is dirty and the coffee maker actually has dust on it. Housekeeping barged in the room while my daughter was taking her afternoon nap! She said, "You are down to check out today." We are not scheduled to check out until Tuesday. 35 minutes after that another staff member came beating on the door about the broken coffee maker, again waking my daughter. The coffee maker works, there is actually a short in the outlet so it has to be wiggled to get it to work. There is no DO NOT DISTURB SIGN, so I could not place one on the door. I would get a better nights sleep on the sidewalk. Internet does not work! AWFUL PLACE!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank sllsmiley1

Reviewed 10 March 2011

We had our 10 year old and 5 year old grandsons and they both had a blast. If you stay in the tower building you do not have to go outside to get to the water park. you can get anything you want to eat without leaving the building. The water park was fun for all ages. The lifguards patrol non-stop which is a good feeling.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
CastleSplash, General Manager at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing your comments; we look forward to being of great service to you and your family time and time again!

Reviewed 28 February 2011

this is our 2nd year to attend Castle Rock with our large family. We have found the customer service to be outstanding and exceptional. The whole family has a grand time. The kids can play in the park and the parents are still able to supervise them. The life guards were very kid friendly and patient with the kids. The rooms are always clean and the new mattresses in the k ids bunks are so much better! Having their own bunk beds and tv makes for fun for the kids. We always eat breakfast and lunch in their dining area and have never been disappointed....in fact they make the best smoothies! The location is perfect for anywhere you are going on the strip. We will be back at Castle Rock with our family (40 people in all)...enjoying family time again next year.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your loyalty and excitement. It would be our pleasure to have your family back at our resort!

Reviewed 27 February 2011

I live in Branson and decided to book the family suite (in the Tower) for my daughter's birthday. My husband checked in first. The first room had toothpaste stains on the bathroom mirror and urine stains on the toilet , so we were moved. I'm not sure the second room was better. The door handle to the bathroom was broken and the towel bar broke off the wall simply by hanging a towel up. There were stains on the bed sheets. There was crumbled chips, popcorn, and loose change all over the floor and even in the bunkbeds. Found a pair of dirty underwear in the drawer and a dirty sock in the hide-a-bed. My husband was so sickened by this room, he left and went home. The manager's response to these complaints was "We are fixing everything that is coming to my attention." Really??? It shouldn't be like this in the first place. I'm not sure they own a vacuum. On the other hand, the waterpark was fun. Had 4 teenagers and an 8 yr old and we all enjoyed ourselves there but the hotel itself is much to desired. It was filthy and way too overpriced considering the ONLY amenity is the waterpark.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank thinmint66
CastleSplash, Manager at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your disappointments regarding your stay here at Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you experienced with your room. I can assure you that the difficulties you have indicated have already been addressed.

Reviewed 13 February 2011

The 2 things you have to get right in the Hotel business is Good customer service and a good bed. Castle Rock fails miserably in both areas. My family and i booked a 4 night stay over the Thanksgiving Holiday. BIG MISTAKE!!!! The rooms and beds are not acceptable on any level. When I went downstairs to check out the man at the desk said that he knew the beds were bad and that he would change me to a room that had new beds. I went and checked out the other room only to find it was as bad if not worse than the previous room. He had told me that if it was not acceptable he would cancel my reservation and return my money. When i returned he said that i would have to speak with the manager. She arrived and was defensive and condescending stating that they require a 24 hour notice to cancel a room. I asked how I was to know that the beds were unacceptable without sleeping in one first. She said that since I was not satisfied and would not stay there again, why would she refund or allow the credit? She mocked me when I told her that I had 250 employees and would not recommend Castle Rock to any of my employees. This is a poor choice for a family stay. The Splash Mountain Resort for an indoor pool is a much better choice.It is older but the staff is much more helpful.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ndntravel
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We came to Branson for a few days of relaxation and we got it! The waterpark was lots of fun, the kids really enjoyed it! The hotel room was very nice for the price, the beds were very comfortable. My younger children enjoyed the extra nook with the bunkbeds and having their own TV. Our family will definately come again and we would recommend Castlerock to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Had a wonderful time at Castle Rock. The rooms are spacious and clean. The employees were very helpful and courteous. I would recommend this to anyone. Even though my kids are teenagers, they enjoyed the water park. Restaurant food was very good. I will be coming back soon. Thanks Castle Rock!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family