“Disappointed to open up the room door to find a filthy mess.”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #127 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Arrived after check in time. Was given room keys and went to the room opened the door and it was trashed. The hall ways were freezing and dirty. However the staff was friendly and the life guards were diligent and it was great to see them do their jobs efficiently.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Traveling with 2 three year olds,a seven year old, and 4 adults. We got a tower room with 2 beds and bunk beds. TV in the bunk area was nice! Water park was great for the age of our kids. Room was clean. Beds were kind of small, but for a one night stay it was ok. Booked the room through Travelocity and armbands to water park were included with room. Thank goodness because they were 15$ each but good for the entire stay. Yes you can smell the chlorine but not so much inside the room. Would have packed beach towels because you can't take pool towels outside of the pool area. It was cold getting to the room to change. Kids had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at this facility for 4 nights and it was extremely nice. The rooms are rather large, clean, nicely appointed and even have a little room with bunk beds if you have children with you, I used it as my dressing room.
The breakfast was wonderful, very large room, great selection and the girl than ran it did a terrific job of taking care of us. Even, kindly filling up my water bottle each morning, with a smile !!
The location is great. You would certainly need transportation to go almost anywhere, but it's Branson, everything is very spread out.
The only problem was the lack of knowledge at the front desk. Our first day there I asked the young girl where one could walk to for a bite to eat and she mentioned two restaurants and as I was speaking with her I could see out the window and noticed a pizza sign just across the street. She had not mentioned Pizza Hut was right there. Another day, two men were working on the elevator so I decided to take the stairs. The only one I could find was at the far end of the hall which led outside and it was cold. I went back to the front desk, asked an older woman. She did not know where the stairs were, asked another employee, they did not know and she got out a map of the building. After looking at the map, told me there were stairs thru the water park. I told her the water park was not open and the doors were locked. She also thought there were some thru the restaurant, but wasn't sure. Good heavens, I am glad there wasn't a fire. The most important thing an employee must know is the fire escapes.

Room Tip: As soon as you arrive, find out where the stairwells are. Before you leave home, find out where you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Picked this place because the grand daughter was going and wanted her to have somewhere to go for some fun. First off the room wasn't as clean as you would expect. Peanuts on the floor, paper behind table. The water in the lazy river reeked of salt horribly. The open slide had separations that didn't feel good on the skin. The closed tube was alright except for a little rough at the end. The water also had a funny smell not quite like the lazy river though. Checked out the breakfast buffet which went for $6.99 a piece for all you can eat. Was nothing much more than you would get in any other hotel offering a free breakfast buffet. Lastly, the mattresses definitely could use an updating. We try a different property every time we go to Branson and for sure we will never go here again.

Room Tip: Don't know if other rooms are better and won't be checking in again to see.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sfcwms
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. We stayed in the towers where the little room is inside the room. Inside the cave like area are bunk beds and a smaller flat screen TV. The main room had a larger flat screen TV. No refrigerator or microwave. Breakfast was included and pretty bad. Watery scrambled eggs, over cooked sausage patties, biscuits were good but the sausage gravy was only edible one day. Also canned fruit, 2 cold cereals, oj, coffee and tea. Part of group got toast the first morning they said the toaster broke. No toast next 3 mornings. Some days there were some sausage links, bacon showed up for a few minutes, and if you were lucky you might get one of the few pancakes. Waterpark was not open some of the times we were told it would be so pool was not available.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladymouse66
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family and I stayed one night at the hotel. It was clean and the kids did get their own separate area with bunk beds and their own t.v., which they LOVED. But, The staff was not particularly friendly and during many phone conversations we had with them when planning our trip they were downright rude. The room was also noisy. I could hear the t.v. in the next room. The breakfast buffet was not included in the crazy high price and was not good.
The water park was fun though. They have two large water slides and several small ones for little kids. They also have a pool where you can just swim and a small pool with a basketball hoop. I felt it was much better than the Grand Country water park. I was also impressed by the attentiveness of the lifeguards.
While the water park was great, for $100 a night I'm sure we could have found a much better place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I could not believe how clean the rooms were. My family and I had so much fun using the indoor water park and staying at the hotel. The staff was great and the rooms were clean and quiet. We will definitely return the next time we go to Branson as a family. It is the perfect place to bring your children, of any age. Lifeguards were on duty and did an excellent job.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family