“Not the best in Branson”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #124 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed in the building across the parking lot from the main hotel. It was purchased as part of a Groupon Deal. Our room was to be non-smoking, but obviously had been a smoking room; the sheets even smelled. We asked for a king; we got a double. The mattresses on the both of the double beds were terribly uncomfortable. The rest of our party, who stayed in the main hotel, urged us to request a new room after the first night. We went twice to the registration desk, BUT we were faced with line of 3 or 4 people in front of us. We will not stay again, but the rest of our party who had a small child was happy with their stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Due to other reviews, I have always been hesitant to stay here. However, when a great deal (50% off) popped up on AR Daily Deals, I couldn't resist booking a weekend getaway. We stayed in a tower room on the 4th floor next to the stairwell. It was amazingly quiet, very spacious, had an abundance of towels and blankets, and was clean/comfortable. My son loved the bunk bed alcove. I enjoyed a bed that I didn't sink into (so many hotel beds almost swallow you up for lack of support). The Waterpark's best features were the tube slide and lazy river. Front desk clerk was friendly. We did not eat at the Tower Grill, so I cannot comment on it. Lots of easy to find ice/vending areas along with a neat shop in the lobby. We will definitely visit again if I can find another deal. For the full price, I would rather stay at the Hilton, but for the deal price, I could become a regular at Castle Rock.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Alicia_rhae
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have 4 children, 2 of which are twins. My older two, are 9 and 5, both have birthdays in December. We picked Castle Rock for the fun of the water park for one of their gifts. Upon arrival, the front desk was very helpful, with detailed explanation. The lobby is very inviting and clean. When we got to our room, we were very surprised at the size! It was very roomy and even had a side room with bunk beds and a TV for the older kids! They LOVED this feature, it was their personal "mansion"! The room was very clean, and beds were comfortable. The refrigerator and flat screen TV was a bonus! The kids spent about 4 hours at the water park, with only a 1 hour break. The slides were the big hit, using an inner tube raft to go down before you splash into a pool. The lazy river was a nice break when they needed a breather. My two year old twins also had a great time in the kiddie area. The lifeguards are constantly walking around the pool areas for safety. I was truly surprised at the attention to detail they provide. (Even the towels were warm!) My family had a great time and will most definitely be back!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Arrived after check in time. Was given room keys and went to the room opened the door and it was trashed. The hall ways were freezing and dirty. However the staff was friendly and the life guards were diligent and it was great to see them do their jobs efficiently.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Traveling with 2 three year olds,a seven year old, and 4 adults. We got a tower room with 2 beds and bunk beds. TV in the bunk area was nice! Water park was great for the age of our kids. Room was clean. Beds were kind of small, but for a one night stay it was ok. Booked the room through Travelocity and armbands to water park were included with room. Thank goodness because they were 15$ each but good for the entire stay. Yes you can smell the chlorine but not so much inside the room. Would have packed beach towels because you can't take pool towels outside of the pool area. It was cold getting to the room to change. Kids had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at this facility for 4 nights and it was extremely nice. The rooms are rather large, clean, nicely appointed and even have a little room with bunk beds if you have children with you, I used it as my dressing room.
The breakfast was wonderful, very large room, great selection and the girl than ran it did a terrific job of taking care of us. Even, kindly filling up my water bottle each morning, with a smile !!
The location is great. You would certainly need transportation to go almost anywhere, but it's Branson, everything is very spread out.
The only problem was the lack of knowledge at the front desk. Our first day there I asked the young girl where one could walk to for a bite to eat and she mentioned two restaurants and as I was speaking with her I could see out the window and noticed a pizza sign just across the street. She had not mentioned Pizza Hut was right there. Another day, two men were working on the elevator so I decided to take the stairs. The only one I could find was at the far end of the hall which led outside and it was cold. I went back to the front desk, asked an older woman. She did not know where the stairs were, asked another employee, they did not know and she got out a map of the building. After looking at the map, told me there were stairs thru the water park. I told her the water park was not open and the doors were locked. She also thought there were some thru the restaurant, but wasn't sure. Good heavens, I am glad there wasn't a fire. The most important thing an employee must know is the fire escapes.

Room Tip: As soon as you arrive, find out where the stairwells are. Before you leave home, find out where you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Picked this place because the grand daughter was going and wanted her to have somewhere to go for some fun. First off the room wasn't as clean as you would expect. Peanuts on the floor, paper behind table. The water in the lazy river reeked of salt horribly. The open slide had separations that didn't feel good on the skin. The closed tube was alright except for a little rough at the end. The water also had a funny smell not quite like the lazy river though. Checked out the breakfast buffet which went for $6.99 a piece for all you can eat. Was nothing much more than you would get in any other hotel offering a free breakfast buffet. Lastly, the mattresses definitely could use an updating. We try a different property every time we go to Branson and for sure we will never go here again.

Room Tip: Don't know if other rooms are better and won't be checking in again to see.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family